2022 preseason training

Remove this Banner Ad

Clown...drama queen...sheesh, touched a nerve did I? Maybe if you didn't piss all over our players you wouldn't get these reactions, hey?

You don't have to say he's a worldbeater, but the language you're using is just poor, when he showed significant improvement when he played last year - and was one of our best in the Prelim. It's called nuance.

But sure I'll ignore you, if that's what you want. You're just a big bundle of negativity anyway :)
You said you'd put me on ignore after your last hissy fit. Like anyone would care. Yet here you are still getting your panties in a twist, and replying to me.

I only piss on Zuth. I like our other players.

How about stop being such a thin skinned cry baby and accept that not everyone likes every player.

Last edited:
I just don't rate zuth at all. Some of you might love players who can go a full half of football without getting a touch, but I prefer footballers that actually get involved, and aren't complete spuds.
This might be a bit out of the box, but do we want defenders ball hunting, racking up stats, etc?

Some of this obsession with possessions I still don't get in a sport that emphasizes playing a role. for example criticizing wingers, whose role is too play outside the contest and wait for the releasing pass, who don't get that pass. It'd be better to use other stats, relative to his role and position in a debate.

It's preseason, so I'm optimistic. Zuthrie's last few games were better than the dozen before. I think he's gotten some confidence and maybe the license, to go off his man and impact other contests more committedly. There's more improvements to come you'd think. Can't improve speed or height though.

This might be a bit out of the box, but do we want defenders ball hunting, racking up stats, etc?

Some of this obsession with possessions I still don't get in a sport that emphasizes playing a role. for example criticizing wingers, whose role is too play outside the contest and wait for the releasing pass, who don't get that pass. It'd be better to use other stats, relative to his role and position in a debate.

It's preseason, so I'm optimistic. Zuthrie's last few games were better than the dozen before. I think he's gotten some confidence and maybe the license, to go off his man and impact other contests more committedly. There's more improvements to come you'd think. Can't improve speed or height though.
He was playing as a winger in that game. Zero possessions in the first half.

Sure defenders don't need to rack up 30 touches, but with modern football requiring a high degree of attack off the back half, you need defenders to drive the ball forward. It can be forgiven for the tallest defender who is sent out to stop a monster kpf (like what Tom Lonergan did for us), but it's not acceptable in a smaller defender. You need them to both defend and attack. That's why guys like stewart are such guns.

You said you'd put me on ignore after your last hissy fit. Like anyone would care. Yet here you are still getting your panties in a twist, and replying to me.

I only piss on Zuth. I like our other players.

How about stop being such a thin skinned cry baby and accept that not everyone likes every player.
Blicavs S*%#^ me.

Zach Guthrie's shown less as a defender than Narkle has as a midfielder.

Geelong need to focus on ceiling. The only thing we KNOW is that we aren't good enough as it stands. Backing in blokes with a higher floor doesn't push as any closer to a Premiership.

Gary Rohan has a high ceiling and he hasn't helped us win a flag.

Blicavs S*%#^ me.

They really need to put blinkers on him at training, so he can't see sideways or turn his head around. Continual sideways and backwards kicking drives me insane, and he's the biggest offender. It's pretty much become his go to choice after ignoring his first option up the ground. It's a real issue with him.

Gary Rohan has a high ceiling and he hasn't helped us win a flag.

Looks a million dollars at times. But the difference between his best and worst has to be the biggest going around. But at least he can reach the highs.

They really need to put blinkers on him at training, so he can't see sideways or turn his head around. Continual sideways and backwards kicking drives me insane, and he's the biggest offender. It's pretty much become his go to choice after ignoring his first option up the ground. It's a real issue with him.

The issue just seems so obvious when you watch him play. I would hammer him about 'first option, first option!' throughout the preseason to endeavour to see some change. Just long up the line would be so much better than a lot of the dithering that he engages in at the moment. He doesn't tend to find better options when he wheels around and invites the pressure. So to just go early and trust your instincts would be a far better mantra for him to adopt.

Even if almost every ball he clears results in a turnover, it's surely far better to do that another 50-60 metres from goal. Doesn't suit the 'possession priority' game plan, of course. But I don't really see that too many scoring chains for us start with Blitz winning possession and freeing other players up with his quality disposal to advantage.

Negate, negate, negate, Blitzy. And then clear the ball to a contest whenever you can. Suffers from serious 'delusions of adequacy' (thanks, Dennis Cometti) with ball in hand that just don't appear to help the team at all.

Last edited:
Lets keep the hissy fits and name calling out of it.

Down at K Park Shadow89

Either put them on ignore or play the game not the man.

Debate the points and stay away from the personal attacks.

GO Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The issue just seems so obvious when you watch him play. I would hammer him about 'first option, first option!' throughout the preseason to endeavour to see some change. Just long up the line would be so much better than a lot of the dithering that he engages in at the moment. He doesn't tend to find better options when he wheels around and invites the pressure. So to just go early and trust your instincts would be a far better mantra for him to adopt.

Even if almost every ball be clears results in a turnover, it's surely far better to do that another 50-60 metres from goal. Doesn't suit the 'possession priority' game plan, of course. But I don't really see that too many scoring chains for us start with Blitz winning possession and freeing other players up with his quality disposal to advantage.

Negate, negate, negate, Blitzy. And then clear the ball to a contest whenever you can. Suffers from serious 'delusions of adequacy' (thanks, Dennis Cometti) with ball in hand that just don't appear to help the team at all.
Yes agree totally. Need Lonergan down there teaching him. Thought Domsy was the all time champion at keeping it simple and being 100% aware of his own capabilities.

Even if almost every ball be clears results in a turnover, it's surely far better to do that another 50-60 metres from goal. Doesn't suit the 'possession priority' game plan, of course. But I don't really see that too many scoring chains for us start with Blitz winning possession and freeing other players up with his quality disposal to advantage.

Spot on. You see it most times he takes a mark, wheels back for the kick, sees an option and starts the motion to kick to that option before he stops, walks back and then looks either sideways or backwards. It's like clockwork. Seems like he never takes that first option.

Don’t accuse me of having a short memory!

Maybe others were like me and lay in bed depressed drinking 15 minutes into the game. How would we know who played well?

Weii I was sober, and calder_daddy was correct...Zuthrie was one of very few who performed in the Prelim....

That's Blicavs out of the way.

Now waiting on Dahlhaus next ;)
You're a bit slow on the uptake - the Dahlhaus features were last week

And the 15 minute run is what the club has utilised over recent seasons - it's no s**t that Blicavs will be out the front of that, along with the likes of Miers & if he wasn't recovering from surgery we would have seen Menegola up there also; they're known endurance guys

Remove this Banner Ad

Back