2022 preseason training

Remove this Banner Ad

If he or Blitz fell over I suspect we would activate our last spot asap but its not like we have Scarlett waiting to be drafted.
If you're down to 2 then you're already in trouble.

Given the interview with the conditioning guys though it seems they think SDK is rd1 ready in terms of size

If you're down to 2 then you're already in trouble.

Given the interview with the conditioning guys though it seems they think SDK is rd1 ready in terms of size

But as he is et to play one game as a defender... etc. Personally im not fussed. The way its going now it's almost a bit like netball. Once they have the ball its tough for a defender to do much.

Did we hire a psychologist yet? Our boys go alright at home but turn to water in big games under the bright lights

Geelong win plenty of big games under the bright lights...You dont get to Prelims and Gf's unless you do...notwithstanding some very average performances within the mix..if they need a psychologist we are in deeper trouble than even the most pessimistic of Cat fans predict

Last edited:
If he or Blitz fell over I suspect we would activate our last spot asap but its not like we have Scarlett waiting to be drafted.

Agree wed probably have to sign a key back via SSP if that happened.

The good news is its been detected early ( for what thats worth.... and in these cases it is actually good) and there is a normal 3 weeks break in training so that helps too.

I just shudder thinking about Gregson and how high his ceiling went early before his foot.... and how ****ed it was at the end for him.

Thus, ill take any early detection as a good thing and hope the natural rest period over xmas serves him well.

GO Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to agree on that , at his age and experience the club knew what they were getting
People are too harsh on Rohan for mine, not many guys in the comp are consistent when their role is as the 3rd or 4th tall in their sides, he's been fine for what we gave up to get him to the club, any alternative option we had has now been delisted so its not like he held anyone back either.

I don't think too many complain about Rohan's H&A performances...his finals efforts though are below acceptable.

People act like he's a dominant forward or something.
Most goals he ever kicked in a season is 32.

Shannon Byrnes managed 30+ goals in consecutive years and was often criticized for his place in the team.

No matter how much people wish to argue otherwise, Gary Rohan will go down as a tremendous underachiever and arguably one of the worst finals performers in the games history.
If it were me, he, along with Dahlhaus, Higgins and Stanley would be spending the remainder of their playing days in the VFL and we look to the new breed to take us somewhere in the future.

I don't think too many complain about Rohan's H&A performances...his finals efforts though are below acceptable.

I like to complain about all his performances.

He’s complete trash in H&A for the most part too. Then sometimes he’s good and I think “he is absolutely no chance of doing this in Finals.” Then we get to Finals and he proves me right, meaning I can’t even enjoy the few times he is decent.

The only part I like about this cycle is me being right. The small victories are important.

I like to complain about all his performances.

He’s complete trash in H&A for the most part too. Then sometimes he’s good and I think “he is absolutely no chance of doing this in Finals.” Then we get to Finals and he proves me right, meaning I can’t even enjoy the few times he is decent.

The only part I like about this cycle is me being right. The small victories are important.

Yea....its important to be right on the internet..

Last edited:
People act like he's a dominant forward or something.
Most goals he ever kicked in a season is 32.

Shannon Byrnes managed 30+ goals in consecutive years and was often criticized for his place in the team.

No matter how much people wish to argue otherwise, Gary Rohan will go down as a tremendous underachiever and arguably one of the worst finals performers in the games history.
If it were me, he, along with Dahlhaus, Higgins and Stanley would be spending the remainder of their playing days in the VFL and we look to the new breed to take us somewhere in the future.

Well we can be thankful its not up to you..

The lesson we keep learning is that players generally output what they always have.. the only exception is Max Gawn who went from an absolute potato to the best ruck in the comp.. but he is an exception. If they are past 25 you have most likely seen everything they can produce. Expecting an inconsistent player like Rohan to start performing consistently is like expecting a degenerate gambler to close his TAB account.

The lesson we keep learning is that players generally output what they always have.. the only exception is Max Gawn who went from an absolute potato to the best ruck in the comp.. but he is an exception. If they are past 25 you have most likely seen everything they can produce. Expecting an inconsistent player like Rohan to start performing consistently is like expecting a degenerate gambler to close his TAB account.
Gawn was also a ruck with tissue paper for knees. Not surprising it took him a while.

Gawn was also a ruck with tissue paper for knees. Not surprising it took him a while.

Many of us thought Dawson Simpson was tracking along nicely as Gawn did in his early years. Simpson was gaining confidence in his body and by late 2013, it looked like he may have been the difference in taking us back to another grand final. I think he did his ACL and just never recovered again from that game on (late in the year).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back