Preview 2022 Rd 15 Carlton vs Fremantle Saturday June 25 1:45PM @ Marvel Stadium - Team Post #808

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Going as well but I think the last win I saw was Geelong about 2017/2018 when Gibbs was BOG and Cameron Wood rag dolled a Geelong player ??
2016 when Army kicked the sealer I believe.

Dennis-Armfield-Carlton-Blues-AFL-2016-768x525.jpg

Mate I'll tell you what, for a player that didn't grow up playing the game, when he was on, he was on. Great mix of high speed and the guy could kick the ball well at full tilt, something many struggle to do.
The forgotten man of the Judd trade

F_t...
That is true.
But this Carlton forum has the uncanny ability to rate some players on the basis of:
1. A special break out game, when they were best on ground eg. SPS against Bulldogs
2. On their Draft or Recruitment positions eh. Dow, LOB, Williams, McGov, Martin
3. On the potential of they could be when they have enough games under the belt or have developed their body: (The Gunna Category)
TDK, Cunners, Marchbank, Carrol, Kemp, Mollop, HONEY, Philp, Cottrel, Stocker, etc.

We are an impatient mob. We can project the outcomes we really want. And don't let the facts get in the way of a good story. Hmmmmm...

BTW: for the record. I think Honey has great upside

No different to any other Team Board.

F_t...
That is true.
But this Carlton forum has the uncanny ability to rate some players on the basis of:
1. A special break out game, when they were best on ground eg. SPS against Bulldogs
2. On their Draft or Recruitment positions eh. Dow, LOB, Williams, McGov, Martin
3. On the potential of they could be when they have enough games under the belt or have developed their body: (The Gunna Category)
TDK, Cunners, Marchbank, Carrol, Kemp, Mollop, HONEY, Philp, Cottrel, Stocker, etc.

We are an impatient mob. We can project the outcomes we really want. And don't let the facts get in the way of a good story. Hmmmmm...

Very well put, as much as I don’t want to hear it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair though Honey has showed plenty almost every time he's played IIRC
At the start of this season I rated Honey higher than Durdin, Owies, Motlop and Fisher. Was dissapointed when he was injured prior to round 1 and i thought would be back around round 5 or 6.

F_t...
That is true.

I flip between rating players based on their best games because it is demonstrated form, albeit fleeting and rating players based on their deficiencies, depending on how I feel at the time.

Right now, I expect all players to show something first year, in terms of what they could bring to the side going forward. I also recognise list spots are at a premium in a winning club and we are going to have to cut loose players who may do well at another club.

As it stands, I'd like to get rid of at least a couple of our always injured brigade and am prepared to lose the likes of Dow for nothing if another club comes calling. Mind you, I think Dow's deficiencies could be carried in another team that wasn't already loaded with clearance players but had quick runners around them who got back defensively.

Martin is a depth player for mine. I have Honey in his spot if he can show some consistency.

At the start of this season I rated Honey higher than Durdin, Owies, Motlop and Fisher. Was dissapointed when he was injured prior to round 1 and i thought would be back around round 5 or 6.

For all our injuries that we talk about, guys like Honey and Cunners don't get mentioned that much, but if both were fit and firing they could really add something to the team.

I guess for large parts of the year our smalls have been pretty good, but always good to have options and keep the selection pressure on...particularly on Martin.

Even Ed Curnow could have gotten some games if fit and is kind of the perfect player type for Voss' style.

I think if we get a solid contribution from the whole team, we are a good chance.
We can't afford to carry too many passengers. which has been the case in our losses.
It's just hard to predict who will fire/misfire.
I just want to win the game. Even if it's ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back