List Mgmt. 2022 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Riley Bonner and Xavier Duursma would be the two from port I’d be looking at

Bailey smith still out of contract throw some war chest his way

Another 30 and a goal today

Dogs won’t be able to afford to keep all their mids

I’m so surprised it isn’t get much media attention at the moment considering most of their other OOC players have signed?

Would be huge for us. Keep hearing that he wants to stay but there can’t be much left in the bank after all their re-signings and Rory Lobb arrival?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Jared Polec, Hugh Greenwood, Charlie Lazzaro, Jack Zeibell and Jack Mahony all contracted into next year and beyond.

With the smaller list sizes these days and being stuck with at least 5 list cloggers into next year, really puts us behind.

Jared Polec, Hugh Greenwood, Charlie Lazzaro, Jack Zeibell and Jack Mahony all contracted into next year and beyond.

With the smaller list sizes these days and being stuck with at least 5 list cloggers into next year, really puts us behind.
Majority of our VFL defenders will be gone. Hopefully a few of these will be too.

Mahony and Lazarro show how bad this clubs drafting has been.

Both no elite AFL traits and should have been Rookie Picks at best.

Not their fault, but a good reason why I am glad those clowns walked during the year.

Pay out polec final year

Move greenwood to the rookie list and pray someone takes him off us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The club has publicly stated that they are looking at a couple of 24-28 year olds to help fill the void at the moment.

Free Agents I think would be worth a look include:

De Goey - Much needed skill and X factor.

Zaine Cordy - 195cm KPD 25 yo. Is gettable, premiership player and provides depth in our depleted KP stocks.

Gunston - Short term option and forward craft to assist Larkey.

There are also a few players yet to re-sign that may be looking for a new home. Our #1 pick in the PSD gives us the upper hand in trades you would hope this year:

Oliver Henry (Col) - 20 yo mid fwd who might find it hard to get a game. Has shown promise.

Griffen Logue (Fre) - Might not be any coin left for him after Jackson signs. Would slot straight into our 22.

Emerson Jeka (Haw) - 197cm KPF, 20 yo, Might struggle for opportunity with Lewis, Kositchke and Gunston.

Bailey Smith (WB) - Still not signed this late in the season, which I find odd considering the speculation surrounding Jackson and others. Would be a huge marquee acquisition and would take a heap to get him across.

Stack (RIC) - 22 yo Seems to be on the outer and unlikely to get a new deal. In need of a fresh start? Wouldn’t cost much. Loves a kebab with CCJ.

Rioli (WCE) - 27 yo but Still unsigned and is in the top handful of crumbing forwards in the league. Would a rebuilding WCE entertain a trade? A late starter and would still have a few quality years left in the game. Apparently open to a move to Vic where he went to school. Would immediately make us a 5 goal better team with score involvements and pressure.

If we could snag even 3 of these players it would go along way to making us competitive again.

Clarkson may be the difference in getting some of these across the line.

The club has publicly stated that they are looking at a couple of 24-28 year olds to help fill the void at the moment.

Zaine Cordy - 195cm KPD 25 yo. Is gettable, premiership player and provides depth in our depleted KP stocks.

There are also a few players yet to re-sign that may be looking for a new home. Our #1 pick in the PSD gives us the upper hand in trades you would hope this year:

Oliver Henry (Col) - 20 yo mid fwd who might find it hard to get a game. Has shown promise.

Griffen Logue (Fre) - Might not be any coin left for him after Jackson signs. Would slot straight into our 22.

Emerson Jeka (Haw) - 197cm KPF, 20 yo, Might struggle for opportunity with Lewis, Kositchke and Gunston.

Bailey Smith (WB) - Still not signed this late in the season, which I find odd considering the speculation surrounding Jackson and others. Would be a huge marquee acquisition and would take a heap to get him across.

Stack (RIC) - 22 yo Seems to be on the outer and unlikely to get a new deal. In need of a fresh start? Wouldn’t cost much. Loves a kebab with CCJ.

Rioli (WCE) - 27 yo but Still unsigned and is in the top handful of crumbing forwards in the league. Would a rebuilding WCE entertain a trade? A late starter and would still have a few quality years left in the game. Apparently open to a move to Vic where he went to school. Would immediately make us a 5 goal better team with score involvements and pressure.

If we could snag even 3 of these players it would go along way to making us competitive again.

I’ll add to your list Daniel Rioli, Tanner Bruhn and tim Taranto all still out of contract

Rumor is Willie Rioli has a contract offer from Essendon that is higher than what the Eagles have tabled.

Would be sad to see go but life goes on. Would have thought Essendon or Richmond would be front runners. :rolleyes: :mad:

Rumor is Willie Rioli has a contract offer from Essendon that is higher than what the Eagles have tabled.

Would be sad to see go but life goes on. Would have thought Essendon or Richmond would be front runners. :rolleyes: :mad:
Wouldn't surprise me. Ess haven't been the same since tippa left and they both play similar roles.

Bit dog of him if me goes after WC kept him on the list after the drug test thing.

Yes and maybe no.

Depends on what the Eagles have planned all along. Maybe the plan was to do the right thing, stand by him, get him back and then trade him out. If they had delisted him we know Richmond or Essendon would have swooped for free.

Also it may be good for both parties to start fresh. Some players didn't want him back and we look like a fractured playing group. Feel Kelly has added to that and Darling. Willie likely won't be playing when the Eagles contend again in 4 + years and at 27 still has a bit of trade value.

Sad but we move on.

If Comden can get his body right and fill out the 2nd KPP fwd if likely means Edwards should be groomed for a swing fwd/Defender role ( no room for more rucks with Goldy, X and CCJ even if Goldy retires. ) role to help out BMc.

Gotta get a few speculative crumbing forwards (potential stengle/papley type) to pair up with Paul Curtis who with a better midfield should be able to play deeper where he is more dangerous. i also wouldn't be against giving Cunners periods in fwd line, great mits , clutch kick and could play a dangerfield fwd role only with a more accurate set shot.
into the list to get a look at them and hopefully find one for 2024 season Onwards,

No point loading up for any real stopgap players on the 2023 season as we are still carrying half a dozen players that need to be moved on (Jz, Polly, Mahony, Kayno, Walker, R2 etc....) and the organic improvement should come from the middle tier players continuing to improve ( Young, Taylor, Scott etc) , We need these list spots to test some speculative players going fwd given we have such a crap draft hand this year.
2023 should all be about development, most important year for Goater, Bergman, Edwards, Spicer, Comden, Bonner and Ford.

2024 should be the top up year as we should have a few spots to get some seasoned hands in then otherwise it will be like trying to get a fire going without any kindling.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back