Prediction 2023 - Best 22 + Emergencies - Rolling

Remove this Banner Ad

The club has spoken and this is our best team for the year.
Very strong team indeed!

Personally, I would have change Motlop for Marchbank.
But, those people at the club have seen the team much more than we have - so TRUST!

In terms of who else we are missing - we need to add Z Williams somewhere, and I'm not too sure on JSOS.

BTW - Well done to the AR for getting us almost a full team to choose from!

Backs:Brodie KempJacob WeiteringNic Newman
Half-backs:Alex CincottaMitch McGovernAdam Saad
Centreline:Blake AcresPatrick CrippsSam Docherty
Half-forwards:Jack MartinHarry McKayDavid Cuningham
Forwards:Lachie FogartyCharlie CurnowMatthew Owies
Followers:Marc PittonetAdam CerraSam Walsh
Interchange:Matthew CottrellTom De KoningGeorge Hewett
Caleb Marchbank
Emergencies:Paddy DowZac FisherOllie Hollands
Jesse Motlop

Last edited:
2024 Prediction

B: Newman Weitering McGovern
HB: Saad Kemp Williams
C: Docherty Cripps Acres
HF: E. Hollands Curnow Cottrell
F: Martin McKay Motlop
OB: TDK Cerra Walsh
IC: Cowan Hewett O.Hollands Durdin

A few left field choices. Harry to learn to be backup ruck

For me personally it’s;

Marchbank Weitering Saad
Newman McGovern Williams

Docherty Cripps Acres

Martin McKay Cunners
Owies Charlie TDK

Pitto Cerra Walsh

Hewett Kemp Fogarty Cottrell

Boyd as sub.

Could upgrade some players but it’s really the role and not the player that I wanted to highlight. Surround Crippa, Cerra and Walsh with flankers that have powerful body movement. TDK to stretch defences. If we look too cumbersome then bring in Boyd for fresh legs and push one of gov or kemp up forward. One mid, one defender, one winger and one forward/mid on the pine.

2024 Round 1:

B: Williams, Kemp, McGovern
HB: Saad, Weitering, Newman
C: Acres, Cripps, Hollands
HF: Cottrell, McKay, Martin
F: Motlop, Curnow, DeKoning
R: Pittonet, Walsh, Cerra
INT: Docherty, Hewett, Boyd, Cunningham

SUB: Kennedy

EMG: Concotta, JSOS, Marchbank, Fogarty, Durdin

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2024 Round 1:

B: Williams, Kemp, McGovern
HB: Saad, Weitering, Newman
C: Acres, Cripps, Hollands
HF: Cottrell, McKay, Martin
F: Motlop, Curnow, DeKoning
R: Pittonet, Walsh, Cerra
INT: Docherty, Hewett, Boyd, Cunningham

SUB: Kennedy

EMG: Concotta, JSOS, Marchbank, Fogarty, Durdin
I'd have Pittonet out and TDK main rucking with JSOS replacing him in the forward line.

Last night showed we need another marking target up forward.

Last edited:
I'd have Pittonet out and TDK main rucking with JSOS replacing him in the forward line.

Last night showed we need another marking target up forward.

Still don't think TDK is a number 1 ruck. Pitt is our number 1 ruck and he should be. JSOS is not in our best 22.

What’s the general feeling about Saad this season?
Playing much disciplined and still terrific when the ball is on the deck but a bit meh otherwise?

Got a lot of attention with very little opportunity to run.

Will be much better in 2024 when Williams is running around.

Good luck forward tagging both of them.

Having a good preseason is going to make a difference to our side.

We have a fair list of players who could benefit from adding some weight or some running capability or haven't had a good preseason for a while. We have finished the season off with a pretty good looking injury list.

Marchbank settling in as our CHB at the end of the season, he will be a good option there. Has some learning as he hasn't really played the role and hasn't had a preseason for a while either. Marchbank has a big tank and can be a part of our run and carry and link up from half back when fully fit.

Motlop is a player who will be third year and needs to build a tank to become a genuine two way running half back. Something he struggled with at times and if he goes really well could spend some time in the middle, if he gets fit enough.

Williams was having an amazing preseason before going down with a knee, if he comes back lean and fit again then he will be one of our biggest 'recruits'.

DeKoning hasn't had a lot of injury free preseasons, if he adds some size and keeps his fitness then he is a good show for becoming our number 1 ruck.

Durdin is a player who I hope trains the house down and becomes midfielder fit. A bit of a forgotten man this year, we were all wrapped in his season last year.

Kemp, Cowan, Binns, Lemmy, Carroll, Hollands to keep maturing.

Jack Martin having a good preseason.

Cincotta having an AFL preseason and improving his running.

Boyd having a preseason. Walsh having a preseason.

We didn't have the greatest start to our year, we have some ways to go to match the run that Brisbane, Collingwood and GWS demonstrated in this finals series. But this is a good start.

With Boyd locking down on the most dangerous small forward. Also Zac Williams providing extra dash, Saady should be freed up a lot more next season.

Seems we’ll have a plethora of half-backs.

Watching Bobby Hill yesterday made me think - has Saad ever played forward ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Having a good preseason is going to make a difference to our side.

We have a fair list of players who could benefit from adding some weight or some running capability or haven't had a good preseason for a while. We have finished the season off with a pretty good looking injury list.

Marchbank settling in as our CHB at the end of the season, he will be a good option there. Has some learning as he hasn't really played the role and hasn't had a preseason for a while either. Marchbank has a big tank and can be a part of our run and carry and link up from half back when fully fit.

Motlop is a player who will be third year and needs to build a tank to become a genuine two way running half back. Something he struggled with at times and if he goes really well could spend some time in the middle, if he gets fit enough.

Williams was having an amazing preseason before going down with a knee, if he comes back lean and fit again then he will be one of our biggest 'recruits'.

DeKoning hasn't had a lot of injury free preseasons, if he adds some size and keeps his fitness then he is a good show for becoming our number 1 ruck.

Durdin is a player who I hope trains the house down and becomes midfielder fit. A bit of a forgotten man this year, we were all wrapped in his season last year.

Kemp, Cowan, Binns, Lemmy, Carroll, Hollands to keep maturing.

Jack Martin having a good preseason.

Cincotta having an AFL preseason and improving his running.

Boyd having a preseason. Walsh having a preseason.

We didn't have the greatest start to our year, we have some ways to go to match the run that Brisbane, Collingwood and GWS demonstrated in this finals series. But this is a good start.
Did you just say Motlop a genuine running half-back? As in, the backline?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back