Position 2023 Fantasy Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably an unpopular option not sure how much he can improve on 85 but Duggan has been building for sometime, I feel like he's figured out his role, he averaged 105 from memory towards the end of last year, I think he can go 95+
I like Duggan but not sure if im getting sucked in by that pre season game. He will rely heavily on marks but WCE game plan still seems to be chipping it around and slowly working there way up the field.

Anyone keen on Ed Richards? Should be ok for R1, copped a bad cork. 97 along side Treloar, Daniel and Dale last year in his last 5. Treloar is back to mid and Daniel is suppose to be moving up the ground, but played back in praccy since they lost duryea and richards. Crozier seems to have come in for one of them though. In the first practice game he racked it up early but can play more defensive some times, was a bit quieter for of the four quarters. Think they want the ball in his hands, when he gets it he can use it well and also break lines. Hoping for a 85-90 priced at 73 given the struggles we have down back.

Anyone keen on Ed Richards? Should be ok for R1, copped a bad cork. 97 along side Treloar, Daniel and Dale last year in his last 5. Treloar is back to mid and Daniel is suppose to be moving up the ground, but played back in praccy since they lost duryea and richards. Crozier seems to have come in for one of them though. In the first practice game he racked it up early but can play more defensive some times, was a bit quieter for of the four quarters. Think they want the ball in his hands, when he gets it he can use it well and also break lines. Hoping for a 85-90 priced at 73 given the struggles we have down back.
Real early in the pre season I had him locked after his finish to last year. If I put him in it would mean fading Daicos and using the money elsewhere.

You'd hope the Caleb Daniel midfield talk was true in which hopefully him and dale will be the main men back there 🤞🤞

I’m bullish on him but unfortunately didn’t get to see enough of him this preseason as few moving parts with him. Heavily considering him or one of the bombers boys to start if I need the cash

Why have I gone back to McGrath over Dawson
drawing request GIF by hoppip

Tossing up Ridley and 60k or McGrath.. The latter more likely to be a keeper i guess, but feel like this new game plan is so suited to Ridley just standing in the middle of the back 50 for a million switches
Ridley is an intriguing one. If they're going to be switching it a lot he should be the main beneficiary

I remember it mentioned in their praccy game how they have a focus on going side to side in the back half looking for the opening. Interesting strategy considering the rest of the comp has gone the other way getting it forward quickly

Eagles will be terrible so i want as many back there as i can. I have ginbey and yeo so far. Want hunt but scares me he got 60’s with 9 marks so its a no for now. Duggan to inconsistent. Am i craazy in thinking of hurn. He was getting amongst everything last weekend and in the trials. I know he is old as but they still trust him there and nobody really breaking down the door to replace him this year. He has shown good fantasy form early and i usually trust my instincts. He also got like 75% of kick ins which he mostly plays on from. Adelaide didnt waste much with the quality they have up forward but u know others will be more wastefull so more kickins for hurn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eagles will be terrible so i want as many back there as i can. I have ginbey and yeo so far. Want hunt but scares me he got 60’s with 9 marks so its a no for now. Duggan to inconsistent. Am i craazy in thinking of hurn. He was getting amongst everything last weekend and in the trials. I know he is old as but they still trust him there and nobody really breaking down the door to replace him this year. He has shown good fantasy form early and i usually trust my instincts. He also got like 75% of kick ins which he mostly plays on from. Adelaide didnt waste much with the quality they have up forward but u know others will be more wastefull so more kickins for hurn.
How long you reckon before he breaks down? Played 19 games last year which is surprisingly good

He could do a Ziebell and really pig it back there. Ziebell only went 100 that year but and I don't think Hurn will be as good. Priced at 93 (expensive) and probably about what he'll average.. would rather pay the extra 65k for the durability and scoring of Dawson

How long you reckon before he breaks down? Played 19 games last year which is surprisingly good

He could do a Ziebell and really pig it back there. Ziebell only went 100 that year but and I don't think Hurn will be as good. Priced at 93 (expensive) and probably about what he'll average.. would rather pay the extra 65k for the durability and scoring of Dawson
I know he is old but man i watched both games and he looks like he is in fine piggish form which usually lasts a month or so before he starts to struggle. Idea is hopefully he goes bang for a month and then i can get doch. His first month seems like one of the easier draws Too. Dawson is much more expensive and honestly i dont see any value there. He dissapears in games way too much. He does have big quarters but also very poor ones. At least priced at 93 if he does very well for a month hurn will make 100k plus. Its his ripping form in the preseason that has got my attention. Had 120 in the praccy and trials was close to that as well.

I know he is old but man i watched both games and he looks like he is in fine piggish form which usually lasts a month or so before he starts to struggle. Idea is hopefully he goes bang for a month and then i can get doch. His first month seems like one of the easier draws Too. Dawson is much more expensive and honestly i dont see any value there. He dissapears in games way too much. He does have big quarters but also very poor ones. At least priced at 93 if he does very well for a month hurn will make 100k plus. Its his ripping form in the preseason that has got my attention. Had 120 in the praccy and trials was close to that as well.
Dawson should have an even more defined role down back now that he's captain. Agree he's not value either but no premos are back there. Don't think Hurn will improve on last year overall but he could go big over a few week patch.. you'd need to nail it being in the first month for it to work though. Just not a fan of paying that much for a guy who's going to need a trade early

If you're set on it but don't let me discourage you, can't all have the same teams

I would personally stay away. Good draft option as no one likes him so you can get him late for peanuts basically but we should look to move away from him a little this year if our coach has a clue. Few blokes around his price you'd go in a heartbeat - Dawson, Sinclair spring to mind

Their playstyle during pre-season indicates a bump-up for all their defenders averages.

Instead of Jones or Constable I'm liking Tom Cole. Didn't play 2022 and in 2021 went for 14 disp, 5mk, 2 tackles across the season. Vs adelaide he was a few above all of these. He's a hard runner and could get plenty of +6 from spreading and even a few more tackles just based on the % of play thats going to be down back this year.

Their playstyle during pre-season indicates a bump-up for all their defenders averages.

Instead of Jones or Constable I'm liking Tom Cole. Didn't play 2022 and in 2021 went for 14 disp, 5mk, 2 tackles across the season. Vs adelaide he was a few above all of these. He's a hard runner and could get plenty of +6 from spreading and even a few more tackles just based on the % of play thats going to be down back this year.
Constable to Cole feels better than Constable to L Jones if he gets dropped.

What's everyone's thoughts on Jayden Hunt? 379k, has averaged 72.5 in the past. Best 22. Balls likely to be down that part of the ground. Is he an option to fit in which allows Ginbey to be d6?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back