Teams 2023 Rate My Preseason Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, shadow-player that he is to date, we had a big clear out of list clogging browns and other colours, so this is really now or never time for FMac.
Sheezel and Phillipou at St K will likely play from all I have read and again, my Nth mate, who is very cynical and hard-worn in his support reckons he'll play and so will Wardlaw, but not as soon as the others.
My concern with Sheeds and Scud is the sub factor - big money for versatile types who could easily be the perfect fit for 23rd man.

Sam Simpson is popping up a fair bit on this forum. What gives him the JS?
Re Sam Simpson

Not in the Cats top 30 for me, and even if he did fire out of the blocks this pre season he is as fragile as they come. Way too many in front of him. Firm no here.

Re Sam Simpson

Not in the Cats top 30 for me, and even if he did fire out of the blocks this pre season he is as fragile as they come. Way too many in front of him. Firm no here.

What are your thoughts on Bowes?

What are your thoughts on Bowes?
Honestly, I’m not sure where he fits but all early reports are that he will play, and play through the middle. A wait and see I think.

From the GF Cats only lose Selwood, Holmes is a walk up starter, then we need to factor in the following who will all be pushing for game time…

Parfitt (wasn’t in starting 22 in GF)
Bowes
Bruhn
Henry
Clark (seen plenty of him in juniors, got a very friendly SC game)
Menegola
Dempsey
Simpson
Knevitt

thats excluding any other debutants who may push for a game, including an exciting Irish fella on the list (Mullin) who is 22 and ripped!

There will be a few regulars rested and also some banished to the twos more than likely. Outside Stewart (and maybe Bowes), cant see too many Cats on the radar this year. Bye is crap too.

Honestly, I’m not sure where he fits but all early reports are that he will play, and play through the middle. A wait and see I think.

From the GF Cats only lose Selwood, Holmes is a walk up starter, then we need to factor in the following who will all be pushing for game time…

Bowes
Bruhn
Henry
Menegola
Dempsey
Simpson
Knevitt

thats excluding any other debutants who may push for a game, including an exciting Irish fella on the list (Mullin) who is 22 and ripped!

There will be a few regulars rested and also some banished to the twos more than likely. Outside Stewart (and maybe Bowes), cant see too many Cats on the radar this year. Bye is crap too.
Is Bruhn expected to be B22 next year?

Is Bruhn expected to be B22 next year?
Will get every opportunity early by the sound of it. Up to him from there, but as per my previous post, there are plenty knocking on the door.

Good scoring history so if he starts r1 he’s not a certainty but he needs serious consideration. (Fence sitting at its best right there😃)

Bowes in the middle would get at least around 85~ on average you think. At worst a good mid pricer to make $200k. If we're really lucky he breaks out to become a premo.
Only thing to be wary with Bowes is a lot of his best scores were playing across half back and taking most of the kick ins.

But playing midfield he should make enough money I agree.

Bowes
Bruhn
Henry
Menegola
Dempsey
Simpson
Knevitt

I was reading the Geelong boards last night, trying to see what they thought of Bowes, to my surprise most seem to think Bowes is B22, mainly having him on the bench.

A few of them seem to think that Neale (129k Fwd) will get a gig R1 if Hawkins is still out, Geelong's opening fixture, especially R3-5 look pretty good for a KPF.

Will get every opportunity early by the sound of it. Up to him from there, but as per my previous post, there are plenty knocking on the door.

Good scoring history so if he starts r1 he’s not a certainty but he needs serious consideration. (Fence sitting at its best right there😃)
Gotta say, I liked what I saw last year from Bruhn .....did some classy stuff

Didn't get enough mid-minutes or enough of the ball .....but we're talking the GWS midfield ....and a typical 2nd year player

I was reading the Geelong boards last night, trying to see what they thought of Bowes, to my surprise most seem to think Bowes is B22, mainly having him on the bench.

A few of them seem to think that Neale (129k Fwd) will get a gig R1 if Hawkins is still out, Geelong's opening fixture, especially R3-5 look pretty good for a KPF.
Yeah I’m not as sold on Bowes as others.

Neale will definitely play while Hawkins is out. They love him (and super concerned about him heading Back to WA End of the year).

world
Gotta say, I liked what I saw last year from Bruhn .....did some classy stuff

Didn't get enough mid-minutes or enough of the ball .....but we're talking the GWS midfield ....and a typical 2nd year player
I agree that Bruhn looked pretty good with ball in hand

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very early MPM bug has bit :D

View attachment 1579002
All those mid-pricers, and no Fyfe or Bowes!

Ryan Gosling Clap GIF

Seeing a few teams with Tom Mitchell, have I missed something? I cant see how his role will be any different to what it was at Hawthorn?
Seems to be the thinking that he's underpriced as he will be back in the guts full time rather than getting moved around at Hawthorn.

It's possible, but I'm not sure his scoring will increase that much with Collingwood's chaos style. Is he going to get enough possessions? Sure he'll get lots of CP's, but how many clangers from the mad rush kicks forward?

Seems to be the thinking that he's underpriced as he will be back in the guts full time rather than getting moved around at Hawthorn.

It's possible, but I'm not sure his scoring will increase that much with Collingwood's chaos style. Is he going to get enough possessions? Sure he'll get lots of CP's, but how many clangers from the mad rush kicks forward?
Yeah, I agree with you. Only 30 next year, but hes never had pace and he will only be getting slower, under priced is good, but you can do better with players his price.

I have Mitchell atm but can afford LDU ($0 left), N.Anderson ($4500 left) or C.Warner ($24700 left). If I was to move Tich on, who would you think should replace him @ M5. have Hopper @ M6.

Had a bit of a freshen up and took a new look; Ashcroft has to be picked - everyone will have him and he just gets the footy - even allowing for BL mid. class, I'll go he if he doesn't go 75+. I had a look at some of his work and he just gets where the footy is, as Captain Blood used to say.

A lot of knocks and rationalising on this forum about Darcy Cameron; long may it continue, the bloke's numbers speak for themselves, post-Grundy and he is another year fitter, stronger, smarter and more thoroughly trained as first ruck. The DPP makes him a must have, IMHO.

Fyfe is the currant occupant of amen corner - he could become TT or Paton or one or two sneaky others in that range. I like to keep one spot for the enigmas of the competition.

Nothing else here that hasn't been covered already by other posts, but the lack of Docherty and JMac in so many teams frankly staggers me.

Doch's numbers coming home were ridiculous and JMac and the Bont will benefit at least 10-15 PPG without Dunkley, who will do the same at BL without them.

All well under true cost, I feel.

1672197770043.png

I have Mitchell atm but can afford LDU ($0 left), N.Anderson ($4500 left) or C.Warner ($24700 left). If I was to move Tich on, who would you think should replace him @ M5. have Hopper @ M6.
Bailey Smith is another I'm interested in. I haven't got the picker yet so hard to be too specific but thinking a midfield of Laird - Piggy - Macrae - 2 of Green/Ando/Smith - Hopper - rookies.

Quite keen on Callaghan from GWS if he looks good in PS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back