Position 2023 Rucks

Remove this Banner Ad

End of Round 3 and am already going to be on my third R 1.

Shouldve played line and length amd gone with Witts or Nank and waited for the smoke to clear.
Meanwhile Marshall is not looking that great either but at least most have him i guess.

Ruck choices was always going to be the difference this year

Big decision this week to replace Cameron.

English - Going beautifully, but I didn't start him due to the injury risk which hasn't gone away. Will become very popular though, dangerous anti POD
Witts - Safe, but expensive. Good bye too.
Grundy - should score well in the short term, could ride the price rise until Gawn is back. Will probably have to be traded out again though.

English - Going beautifully, but I didn't start him due to the injury risk which hasn't gone away. Will become very popular though, dangerous anti POD
Grundy - should score well in the short term, could ride the price rise until Gawn is back. Will probably have to be traded out again though.
Between Nank and Grundy for me.......just a tad concerned if big Maxy does a "Stewart" and only misses 1 week..

Between Nank and Grundy for me.......just a tad concerned if big Maxy does a "Stewart" and only misses 1 week..
Gawn does tend to come back fast from injury.

Someone mentioned he was interviewed and said 3 weeks, but the doctors say 6. Nelso was that you or am I remembering wrong?

If the Dee's are winning and Grundy is going well, they maybe hold him back a week or two?

Not interested in Witts/English or can't afford?

Someone mentioned he was interviewed and said 3 weeks, but the doctors say 6. Nelso was that you or am I remembering wrong?

If the Dee's are winning and Grundy is going well, they maybe hold him back a week or two?

It was me

He was interviewed on Channel 7 at half time yesterday.

Just guessing here mind you but I watched the replay of Suns game and whilst executing very well, Wittsy is doing it tough.......and young Moyle is OOC end of this year, so will they rest Witts for some games (Ladhams Meek etc) and give Ned a taste so he re-signs, he's well rated at Suns....and I have the same concerns as you re: English...

Just guessing here mind you but I watched the replay of Suns game and whilst executing very well, Wittsy is doing it tough.......and young Moyle is OOC end of this year, so will they rest Witts for some games (Ladhams Meek etc) and give Ned a taste so he re-signs, he's well rated at Suns....and I have the same concerns as you re: English...
I doubt Witt’s gets rested

if you don’t want to stuff around blowing anymore trades on rucks go with Witt’s

I doubt Witt’s gets rested

if you don’t want to stuff around blowing anymore trades on rucks go with Witt’s
Agreed, but I suspect Choppers is right that Moyle gets a go at some point. Doing well in the VFL, so if the Suns don't give him a go soon he may go elsewhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grundy making a solid case for a swap Cameron... only concern is Gawn coming back later in the year.
There's a legit chance he could make close to 150k with the fixtures he has coming up. So he not only gets you the points with his soft fixture before Gawn returns, but makes you the money you usually want in a cash cow making the fact you are committing to trading him back out worth it.

Im actually considering Cameron to Grundy, and Marshall to English (prob wont though). Marshall has Witts this week so could drop another average score.

Last edited:
I've decided to hold Darcy ....despite the solo ruck news on Cameron ....and the $40K drop by Darcy & $40K increase by Cameron after this week

Darcy to become a POD ....is that good or bad ? ....looking at his history, he always starts seasons with stinkers

There's a theory that some players struggle early season with the greater pace of the game .....hard grounds & fresh players ....fwds dominating defence

Then defence tightens, grounds soften, players get bruised .....more ball-ups occur ....and I'm hoping players like Darcy come into their own

Will still seek to get Cameron in, but as a FWD
Bored Blah Blah Blah GIF

guys its killing me trying to decide witts or english

english probably averages 10-15 points more per game but witts is way more durable

or consider grundy?

guys its killing me trying to decide witts or english

english probably averages 10-15 points more per game but witts is way more durable

or consider grundy?
You're not on your Pat Malone...and they all come with various problems

Witts......doing a good job but you'll need $122K
English.....past history with injuries and you need $122k for him too
Grundy.....has big Maxy waiting down the track

Decisions, decisons......

You're not on your Pat Malone...and they all come with various problems

Witts......doing a good job but you'll need $122K
English.....past history with injuries and you need $122k for him too
Grundy.....has big Maxy waiting down the track

Decisions, decisons......

Nank the tank.

Having to trade DC out and limited funds, I think Grundy is the go.

I don't ready anything into Gawn being back in 3-4. They will take their time, if they rush him and he goes down again it's curtains on their season. This is the exact reason they got Grundy.

I can see Max back within 5-6, spend time forward and he'll increase ruck time come Rounds 10 ish, at which point I would safely assume Grundy is north of 600k (BJW, Draper, Nank, Goldy, Witts, Meek, Lycett) his fixture.

Cannot justify Timmy English at 615k who hasn't played more than 16 games in forever and has burnt me way too often. Witts will do exactly as he did last year, fly until the byes and fall over at the final hurdle.

I’m leaning towards Grundy have been burnt by Timmy before. He does look in ripping nick though and is maybe the right age to get through a season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back