Preview 2023 Semi Final - Carlton vs Melbourne Friday 15th September 7.50PM @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN: Matthew Kennedy
OUT: Jack Martin (suspension), Harry McKay (concussion)

Backs:Brodie KempJacob WeiteringNic Newman
Half-backs:Alex CincottaMitch McGovernAdam Saad
Centreline:Blake AcresPatrick CrippsMatthew Cottrell
Half-forwards:Sam DochertyTom De KoningMatthew Owies
Forwards:Lachie FogartyCharlie CurnowJesse Motlop
Followers:Marc PittonetAdam CerraSam Walsh
Interchange:David CuninghamGeorge HewettMatthew Kennedy
Caleb Marchbank
Emergencies:Paddy DowSam DurdinZac Fisher
Ollie Hollands

Take the top 4-6 out of the Dees and they are bog ordinary.

Say Gawn, Oliver, Petracca, Lever, May, Viney/Pickett.

We bat way deeper. From the FB line.

Weiters, Saad, Newman, Guv, Acres (on current output), Cripps, Cerra, Walsh, Charlie (Martin and Harry too normally).

All would walk into most AFL teams.

And our 2nd tier/3rd tier guys are all doing their bit too eg Cotters last week.

Ours is the better team - comfortably - we just need to take care of business.

This is insane.

Take Cripps, Cerra, Walsh, Weitering, Curnow, Mckay and we would be bog ordinary. Take the best 6 from any side and they would be ordinary.

So proud of the turn around from our club this year, if we dont get up tonight, I’m sure i will vent frustrations for a few days but the foundations have been laid, a standard has been set and the monkey is off the back.

Tonight will be a 50/50 and will be won by the team who goes in to forward 50 with greater efficiency.

Good god. Durdin has played one senior game in what three years? God help us if he's playing in a cut throat final.

Edit: I've largely shut my mouth re inclusions last few weeks but I can feel a suspension coming on if Sam Durdin is actually picked tonight.
Look, I don't overly disagree with you. But your tone has been super critical on more than one occasion lately. First, we don't know what'll happen. Second, how about we back in whoever plays? We've not been let down since R13 (R24 aside if you can even count that) so have some faith.

If Marchy missed, I reckon we'd be better to go for a Hollands in. But Durdin has been EMG a few times so is clearly the next tall defender off the board and I'm sure he'd be up for it just like anyone in our best 30. They'd all give their left nut to play tonight, I guarantee.

Have faith in the MC and boys, and let go of any emotions about match committee.

Save it for tonight. That'd be my unsolicited advice.

If Marchy missed, I reckon we'd be better to go for a Hollands in. But Durdin has been EMG a few times so is clearly the next tall defender off the board and I'm sure he'd be up for it just like anyone in our best 30. They'd all give their left nut to play tonight, I guarantee.

Have faith in the MC and boys, and let go of any emotions about match committee.
Just getting it on record that I think there will be a late out tonight and it will be Fisher for Marchbank :oops:

And I agree gotta have faith in MC. If they think 4 (!) talls in defence is the right way to go this week.... well I just hope they are right! In fairness they are mostly an agile bunch.

Good god. Durdin has played one senior game in what three years? God help us if he's playing in a cut throat final.

Edit: I've largely shut my mouth re inclusions last few weeks but I can feel a suspension coming on if Sam Durdin is actually picked tonight.
I'm not sure if you understand the concept of the Emergencies?

Think you will need a ventilation bag
just saying these are on sale as we speak at defibrillators australia.........

LPCR2_Front-View-Cut-out-LED-On.jpg

Would be so good to win tonight and say we are Preliminary Finalists no matter what happens next week. We weren’t supposed to find ourselves in this position after Round 13.
as close as we've been since andy walker wasn't paid that free in perth..........think that's correct.........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Starting to get very toey now. Feeling a bit Roman.
PS. What is the record number of pages for a preview game? Currently on 74.
Was there more for the sydney game?.
We have a great & loyal fan base. I guess Finals action makes a difference.
Hoping Charlie will have a huge game and our midfield win the arm wrestle.
The game should be a ripper!!
Go Blues. and no injuries or suspension please.

Sans Grundy coming in, their forwardline does look incredibly small. But our backline - whilst tall - is quite mobile. None of Kemp or Gov are what I'd call 'tall defenders'. So Weiters can start on TMac to shut him down and the rest can defend as a group to try and nullify Kozi and Trac.

If TMac is going awful, throw Kemp on him and let Weiters go nuts.

I agree that Marchy is probably a bit surplus and we'd benefit from more run, but he was outstanding last week so deserves to stay and play a more intercepting role.

Back in the 23 and let's have a day, Baggers.

Not sure if mentioned but Cripps/Doc will be better for the run.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think this is very true for them. The old "get the monkey off the back" feeling.

Just being in a final would've been huge for them so winning also would be huge. I wasn't as sold on us being worlds better than Sydney like the media were portraying, you shouldn't forget that finals footy is basically in Sydneys DNA in terms of how they play and their roster. They're built with institutional finals knowledge and on field the team has played plenty of finals, so to beat them was actually enormous imo.

This week I expect Doc and Cripps (and a bunch of others) to play with a bit more freedom getting that first one out of the way and the monkey off the back.

Love it how SEN commentators say its a 50/50 game but Melbourne are the better team and they will win.
Love how "beaten by Hogg" McGuane can't ever bear to tip us and always has our opponent beating us by 2 points. Choke on your M&M guernsey after we get the W, the biggest mistake the club has ever made (which is huge considering salary cap scandal, and shifting home games to Docklands, trading Kennedy, amongst many).

Yes Pres!

I am so into his koolaid tonight - hbf & the mebster nearly fell out of the stand when the siren went last friday night - it was my first sporting menage a trois..........:$

Your thoughts, I disagree.

Our midfield is way deeper and classier.

I reckon you also underestimate the loss of Brayshaw.

Gawn (terrific player but wounded), Viney, Oliver, Trac vs. TDK/Pitto Cripps, Walsh, Cerra, Hewett, Kennedy.....

And we have the best forward in the game supported by one of the best defences.

Tell me who kicks their goals? the trac? Wait, isn't he one of their CBB extractors? Can't be in two places at once...

Yep fair points, but with all those issues, they should've beaten Collingwood last week. If we still had Martin I'd be a lot more conifident I think he's a huge out. I can't see this being anything less than a close game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back