AFL Player #21: Dyson Heppell aka Farnsy

Remove this Banner Ad

And Daisy Thomas was a little bitch according to Bigfooty. Give Heppell 2-3 years and he will become one of the top 10 players in the AFL, I'm calling it

If he takes 2-3 years, then he'll miss the opening of our window next season.:eek:

Yeah, according to BF, if you aren't in the top 5 players in the league by your second year you are soft.

Truly unbelievable effort from Hepp this year - to go into the midfield and actually win some battles as a 19 year old in second season?? Really special.

Still has improvement in him and did have some 'down' games this year - I think he would have benefitted from a break tbh.

Great effort - will be a gun.

Jobe, BJ, Zaka, Hepp, Hurley - excited!!!

Imagine if Heppell's 2012 was his first year; people would be proclaiming him the next "elite a grade future aa brownlow medallist!!!!".

Yet, because all of the hype was on 2011, his 2012 (which in parts, was better) gets no recognition.

In terms of good games played, he's comfortably the best 2nd year player in the league, IMO.

Just for an interesting comparison.

These stats are taken from Round 16-23, when Heppell played midfield.

Contested ball to Uncontested ball ratio

Hocking 1.30
Howlett: 0.84
Watson: 0.77
Heppell: 0.69
Melksham 0.62 (averaged 12 disposals a game in the last 8 games)
Zaharakis: 0.55
Stanton: 0.33

Naturally Watson won the clearances, but none the less, Heppell isn't exactly lacking when it comes to contested ball.

When i 1st seen it thought he was soft but last night watched the replay of Ess v North Rnd 1 on Fox and watched "the moment" he just completely miss read the ball and was actually good enough to not get cleaned up by the north guy.

When i 1st seen it thought he was soft but last night watched the replay of Ess v North Rnd 1 on Fox and watched "the moment" he just completely miss read the ball and was actually good enough to not get cleaned up by the north guy.

I was literally on the first row right where it happened. Hardingham called him out of it.

I'm sure any of the boys who went to the BigFooty meet up will recognise me at the 21-22 second mark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Nah man, Heppell... or should I say SHORTSTEPPELL is a soft squib."

Hardingham actually does get the ball first, and if he [Hardingham] didn't spill it Heppell would have got the follow up disposal, so Hardy's call out nearly paid off. North posters will continue to say Heppell squibbed it for the rest of his career though.

"Nah man, Heppell... or should I say SHORTSTEPPELL is a soft squib."

Hardingham actually does get the ball first, and if he [Hardingham] didn't spill it Heppell would have got the follow up disposal, so Hardy's call out nearly paid off. North posters will continue to say Heppell squibbed it for the rest of his career though.

Even during his brownlow acceptance speech

I was literally on the first row right where it happened. Hardingham called him out of it.

I'm sure any of the boys who went to the BigFooty meet up will recognise me at the 21-22 second mark.

Yep, spotted! Man, Lindsay Thomas has a punchable face.

I love it how richmond posters continually give it to him. In an oh-so obvious attempt to try and ease the pain over the fact that they took conca before Hepp, it just cracks me up every time. He is an absolute jet Hepp, still thank God over the four clubs who over looked him,especially competition joke richmond.

Has been learning to live inside the pack this year.

Battered from pillar to post in the midfield because of his size/frame, yet never hesitated once when it was his turn to win the contested ball.

Suffered from trying to do to much at times because he hasn't yet developed the tools needed to execute all the angles he see's while in heavy traffic.

Will develop into a very classy midfielder.

Not sure many squibs win best clubman, but what would I know, I don't support North Melbourne.

They've had a shameless diver win the B&F 5 times, so maybe that's what we're doing wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back