Player Watch #29: Will Phillips

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking forward to getting No. 29 on the back of my brand new North Melbourne Puma guernsey next year!
Its a great number.. Its probably surpassed the 18 in my opinion... Atley has cooked the number where by the 29 has stood the teat of time and been given to someone who bleeds footy.

Its a great number.. Its probably surpassed the 18 in my opinion... Atley has cooked the number where by the 29 has stood the teat of time and been given to someone who bleeds footy.
More importantly, bleeds this club according to his fantastic celebration with the jumper.

More importantly, bleeds this club according to his fantastic celebration with the jumper.
Boomer could not have chosen a better candidate... which also suggests, was it Boomers call to draft Wilba??? I do hope Boomer has some pull in that club, he is a beast of a man.. i’d draft him as a rookie 😂

fingers crossed he can keep the boys on track. Powell, Lazzaro, LDU, Simpkin, souve, taylor, scott, plus the rest. He is the new leader.

I’d trade Zurhaar in heart beat too.. if we could get a first round pick, i’d trade the fairy.. all show and no go this campaigner. An instagram flog. * Zoohar.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caleb Daniel like in his 25-40m kicking IMO.

You just know that he is going to be one of those guys who is underappreciated outside the club and its supporters because he isn't going to be flashy as s**t. What he will do is win the ball and use it well and keep doing that over and over and over. We will hear that he wasn't a good selection at pick 3 but then his stats say he averages 25 touches a game at 80% efficiency, 15 contested, 8 clearances, 8 score involvements, 400 meters gained. Yet peeps will talk him down.

You just know that he is going to be one of those guys who is underappreciated outside the club and its supporters because he isn't going to be flashy as sh*t. What he will do is win the ball and use it well and keep doing that over and over and over. We will hear that he wasn't a good selection at pick 3 but then his stats say he averages 25 touches a game at 80% efficiency, 15 contested, 8 clearances, 8 score involvements, 400 meters gained. Yet peeps will talk him down.

Neale just won a Brownlow - if he is doing that every week and we're winning, he'll get his dues.

I feel we really nailed the picks in the draft, not just what they bring on the field. These kids look like they’ve bonded already for the journey, and going to take everyone for the ride.

before he was drafted, his kicking was questioned a lot and i was saying how underrated it was, but i must say its even better than i thought.

in the preseason there was a quote where he said that he wants to be an elite kick in the afl. with his work ethic its not out of the question.

cant wait to see him unleashed with full game time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back