Player Watch #29: Will Phillips

Remove this Banner Ad

He had 3 kicks. Of course his DE was high.

Today wasn't his fault, he isn't the problem - but he's a small, slow mid only option who can't create enough space to get more than 3 kicks. And this is a distinct pattern.

Whatever. He's not good enough but I believe he cares enough, so that puts him ahead of a chunk of them.

Sad stuff.
Yep …. Never anyone’s fault …. Tried hard , good effort, 👏
The north wayđź‘Ť
Can we just close this club

93% disposal efficiency
Looked better whenever he was around the ball
That's a good line actually ... I like it when LMac is around the ball, less so when he has it. Tbf, that ain't much though :-D

Logan McDonald says hi đź‘‹
Maybe we could get hold of the Fine Cotton connections and trade LMacs. Just shove a chupa chup in Logans gob and he'd look exactly the same as Lukes player pic

Phillips had clean hands around the stoppages when he was there. That puts him ahead of a lot of people on our list.

Nah. He's neat. That's the best you can say about him. He makes no HOWLING errors by hand.
There's no career in that.

First game back at the seniors, I'd give him a pass. If we are willing to persist with hopeless campaigners in the seniors we need to give him a big block of games. He played some good football last year at AFL level and we need to find out by the end of the year if he is going to help take us forward as a group.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought he was ok. Undoubtedly keeps his spot. Would love to see some more grunt though.
If Will is to make it, it will be as an inside mid. He needs to find more grunt, and be prepared to get his nose right in the trough and be as hard as concrete and handle hits like Libba and Callan Ward.

Phillips was average but didn't stand out in a team that lost badly.

Logan Mc was average (at best) but didn't stand out in a team that won comfortably.

Are we going to go through this sh!t every week?
Yes

Yes. Generally you have a higher chance of an efficient disposal by hand than foot. His 14 touches gained 98 metres so it's.not like he was taking risky options

Have you seen the handballs we miss or get intercepted

Remove this Banner Ad

Back