Preview 2nd Elimination Final, 2020: St.Kilda v Western Bulldogs - Gabba, Saturday 3rd October, 4:40PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 64 74.4%
  • Bulldogs

Votes: 22 25.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Kent is the first out for Jones for a lot of people although would his bigger body/physicality (particularly if it’s wet) be better in finals type football than Sinclair?

No guarantees Jones will be right to play either.

Very keen to see who steps up in finals footy for us!
sinclair has been a shining light for us, I don't understand some of the posts on here regarding him of late

Won't matter who we play as we will win anyway

The confidence hit of making the finals will instill belief that we belong

We are a dangerous side for any Team in the 8 as we are always in games

I give us a very real chance to make a Prelim .... then ... who knows

It’ll be so much above the shoulders.
I remember thinking that the team did not look overawed or timid at all from the first minute going into what was pretty much an elimination final on Friday night. Even knowing that this was probably their last chance to make it.

Obviously after the first half most of the pressure from the Giants fell away but if they can go into the game with that self belief off a very convincing win, having regained some of our winning game style, then who knows ....?

Last edited:

He just has natural football smarts and can buy himself time with the ball.

Some great attributes to have in a high pressure, finals game.
I really doubt Sinclair is being dropped. I think 3 small will play because they have 17 out of 17 games but if it comes down to a choice between Kent and Sinclair I’m on Sinclair every time. Still think Carlisle is the obvious out if we play the pies. Also I was doubting port have much to play for this game but if they lose to the pies they could be playing them 2 weeks later. They need to win to send them to 8th spot and play wce in Perth.

He just has natural football smarts and can buy himself time with the ball.

Some great attributes to have in a high pressure, finals game.
If Sincs can bring his Swans or Eagles form he is a def starter , his other games have been ok ,,, just

I really doubt Sinclair is being dropped. I think 3 small will play because they have 17 out of 17 games but if it comes down to a choice between Kent and Sinclair I’m on Sinclair every time. Still think Carlisle is the obvious out if we play the pies. Also I was doubting port have much to play for this game but if they lose to the pies they could be playing them 2 weeks later. They need to win to send them to 8th spot and play wce in Perth.
I hope he doesn't but I am very Sinclair bias so he would need to play quite a few very bad games in a row for me to want him dropped in the first place. Kent makes sense to come out.

Ken Hinkley made a point in his press conference last week about how it is insulting that no one takes Port seriously as a premiership contender. Sounds like they want to make a statement and finish on top.

I'd prefer Pies, just for the challenge. See what Ratts & co learnt from that loss and how they react. I think we'll gain more as a team by playing Collingwood.

Plus I guess the Pies is a higher profile game not that it will matter much with limited crowds.

Like the idea of a West Coast v Bulldogs rematch in Perth too.
I'd rather save the learning experience for the 2nd week of finals thanks.

The winning experience would be my preference, and you just never know what can happen from there. The boys might develop a taste for it..

I think Carlisle goes out for Jones. He just looks a bit off it & lacks confidence. On a few occasions he didn’t go up or engage opponents when he should have. I think we will gamble with a shorter defence & back our run. However, if we were playing west coast Carlisle should definitely play...

Carlisle doesn't have to dominate to be effective. If he can lock down on his man, he's worth playing. Allows Coffield to intercept more as well.

True. Who did he play on? Carlisle was our most ineffective player on the weekend but if he played on Finlayson or Cameron then he did his job. Both were poor. Regardless, I think Carlisle is in the gun. He is now a fringe player. The selection decision may become easier if he returns home for the birth of his child.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why you guys can't just self moderate and put him on ignore is beyond me.
I don't really think that's the point of it George.

It's not a question of members ignoring other members to suit their content preference.

The guy is very obviously trolling and that's for the mods to take care of.

The art of trolling is to trigger or vilify other posters whilst remaining inside the rules of the page, thus avoiding a ban on technical grounds. That's the whole joy of it..

It's those with executive powers that need to make an executive decision and say "yes he hasn't broken the rules, but he's clearly setting out to troll, and not contribute to content".

Once a week he makes the same post to trigger others, then complains to you that others are being mean to him, then you get involved and justify this and that, or even defend his technical innocents.
Around and around it goes, week in week out.

I use my ignore function for posters l don't like. That's what it's there for.

Mods are here to keep trolls out.
Just f*** him off and be done with it for ever.
Quick and easy, don't over think it..

True. Who did he play on? Carlisle was our most ineffective player on the weekend but if he played on Finlayson or Cameron then he did his job. Both were poor. Regardless, I think Carlisle is in the gun. He is now a fringe player. The selection decision may become easier if he returns home for the birth of his child.
He was with Cameron for most of the game and kept him quiet, although Cameron has been in poor form for a while.

I don't really think that's the point of it George
It's not a question of members ignoring other members to suit their content preference.

The art of trolling is to trigger or vilify other posters whilst remaining inside the rules of the page, thus avoiding a ban on technical grounds. That's the whole joy of it..

It's those with executive powers that need to make an executive decision and say "yes he hasn't broken the rules, but he's clearly setting out to troll, and not contribute to content".

Once a week he makes the same post to trigger others, then complains to you that others are being mean to him, then you get involved and justify this and that, or even defend his technical innocents.

Well said scrappy.
I don't really think that's the point of it George.

I think Carlisle goes out for Jones. He just looks a bit off it & lacks confidence. On a few occasions he didn’t go up or engage opponents when he should have. I think we will gamble with a shorter defence & back our run. However, if we were playing west coast Carlisle should definitely play...

I would imagine the decision on Carlisle would be made early, as soon as we know who we are playing, because if he didn’t play he would surely go home for the impending birth. They are not going to leave him hanging. That also means he wouldn’t be able to come back in order to play again even if we did need him at a later stage. What a decision to make, both on his and our behalf.

However, I understood Ratts in his presser to be saying that Carlisle would be playing unless he made the decision to go home.

No way Hanners goes out. His composure is vital.

The missing link in our midfield was Hunter. A few of us have been saying he needs to go in there for ages.

I want Ross out. His dumb kicks continue to do my head in. He just lacks skill.

Won't happen so i guess Kent. I haven't been a huge Lonie fan but he earned his spot.

Carlisle stays. He didn't set the world on fire on the weekend but we are a better side with him in. My gut tells me he'll be the one to miss though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back