Preview 2nd Elimination Final, 2020: St.Kilda v Western Bulldogs - Gabba, Saturday 3rd October, 4:40PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 64 74.4%
  • Bulldogs

Votes: 22 25.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Jones comes in , Kent should be the out. The more slippery the conditions the greater the divide is between the skilled and the not so skilled. Sinclair was clean vs GWS , Kent wasn’t. Our smaller forwards are not great overhead , and that is a Kent strength , but a final , most likely in slippery and congested conditions , he is the obvious out.
Do we know who or when we are playing ? How would we know what the weather is going to be like , just because its QLD doesnt mean it will get dewy , its to do with the overnight temp

Seems absolutely everyone but our mods believe he's trolling.

I'll leave it be, but l think you guys need to widen you view point. .

To me if he's a troll....ignore him, if he's struggling with other s**t....ignore him. Either way he's relatively harmless, he gets on puts out his out-there ideas and disappears unless people engage him in a fight where he gets sensitive and reports people. Best just to walk away before it gets to that.

To me if he's a troll....ignore him, if he's struggling with other sh*t....ignore him. Either way he's relatively harmless, he gets on puts out his out-there ideas and disappears unless people engage him in a fight where he gets sensitive and reports people. Best just to walk away before it gets to that.
Great post, always best to tread carefully and err on the side of caution with some of this stuff. We're all sainters and come in all shapes and sizes and dont really know who we are dealing with or someone's challenges or view of of the world.

I think no one deserves to get dropped after that game, great team effort, everyone did their job.

That said we want Zak in.

I’d be dropping Kent, not that He deserves to be dropped but the “1” thing that annoyed me on Friday night was Kent’s failure to wheel and go, just stopped a couple of times when there was 1v1s a

If ratts wants to send a message to the boys to take the game on and play brave attacking football, then Singling out kent could make a good statement.

sorry dean.

Its a free country with free speech, so everyone is allowed their say.

If someone’s opinion is Paton or long or Ross should be dropped then it’s not a comment worth replying to, don’t waste your own time.
You can’t argue with a fool without looking like one.

If someone is trying to troll and no one is feeding them they will soon move on, somewhere else where they can get the reaction they are seeking.

Personally keeping Kent over Sinclair would be a bad call. Kent is not a quick thinker, nor a good thinker. Sinclair is both.

For example yesterday Kent marks the ball and has a short option open forward of him which he does not take immediately. He hesitates and in doing so GWS man up all options and the opportunity to not kick to a contest is lost.

Sinclair will take that option and the ball then keeps moving and other spaces keep opening. Good teams move the ball quickly.

Sinclair is just so quick to assess the situation and decide. Just look at that heel tap from Ryder to Sinclair, who knowing he was in traffic quickly kicks it one. Sincs was not only ready to receive such an unexpected tap, he was exceptionally quick to move it on.

Good ball movement has been an issue at the Saints this season. Sins is one of our better distributors of the ball.

Jones can play inside and outside.

I want Sincs in. When comparing Hanners to Kent, I am not sure why Hanners would be an automatic inclusion. We can't play a bloke for leadership alone.

He is underdone and treacle slow. He represents a real risk defensively IMO. He won't be able to go with blokes on the spread. Just not sure you can carry blokes that play midfield only, are at best a 20 possession player, are not overly damaging with the ball and a liability defensively.

Conversely, Kent cracks in, applies a ton of pressure, and whilst he does some dumb things has a long taking left boot.

Kent brings a lot more to the table IMO. I think our 3 small forward set up has been one of the most damaging things about us this season.

I want Sincs in. When comparing Hanners to Kent, I am not sure why Hanners would be an automatic inclusion. We can't play a bloke for leadership alone.

He is underdone and treacle slow. He represents a real risk defensively IMO. He won't be able to go with blokes on the spread. Just not sure you can carry blokes that play midfield only, are at best a 20 possession player, are not overly damaging with the ball and a liability defensively.

Conversely, Kent cracks in, applies a ton of pressure, and whilst he does some dumb things has a long taking left boot.

Kent brings a lot more to the table IMO. I think our 3 small forward set up has been one of the most damaging things about us this season.

Do you also want paton dropped per chance?

Unpopular or mad?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hannebury is the most overrated player on our list by a country mile. You do realise he has not played one damaging game of footy since 2016 right?

A couple of okay performances in 4 years. His body is busted up. Runs like he has permanent torn hammies.

I think people are rating him on reputation as opposed to what they are actually seeing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jones for Long is the obvious move.

Jones is a better player, he goes back to HBF where he's played a lot of football, gives us more drive of the HBF and he can also rotate through the midfield.

What do you reckon Plugger - you know its the AA way!!! :)
So obvious it took 130 posts before anyone suggested it.

On SM-T290 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hanners played as good if not better than Kent after being out for a few months and playing a 3rd less game time. Not saying Kent should go out, but I dont think you can say he brings more to the table than Hanners

Hanners played as good if not better than Kent after being out for a few months and playing a 3rd less game time. Not saying Kent should go out, but I dont think you can say he brings more to the table than Hanners

You are comparing midfield numbers to a forward. Very tough to rack up possessions as a small forward. Kent's applies a lot of pressure.

Hanners is sooooo slow. Opposing coaches would be kicking their lips. No point getting 15 okay touches and having your opponent run off you all day long. To me he looks like a poor mans Armo when he was at the end of his career, but at least Armo was a contested animal.

Anyway, his reputation will land him in the side. I think it is a mistake, but still want him to play well.

We will. It was confirmed already that the Eagles will play on Thursday night and typically the other elimination final is during the day.
Where was this confirmed? i heard there is a possibility that we will play in Adelaide?

Historically the other elimination final is held during the day so I doubt that changes regardless of who we end up playing.

Hope so, I want the Saturday afternoon.

That is exactly what I thought about when /if the Eagles can host in Perth.
But honestly, a home final for them, even finishing fifth, is pretty close to a double chance.

Hope so, I want the Saturday afternoon.
I initially wanted to play Collingwood because they look more shaky than the Dogs but I've come around to playing the Dogs instead. Ratts is 2/2 against them and we beat them earlier this year. I want Collingwood & Geelong out as quickly as possible or without us having to play them. Geelongs win today means they have to travel to (probably) Adelaide to play the Power and if they lose that they'll need to go through West Coast/Collingwood before playing (probably) Richmond in a prelim. It's one of the hardest routes to the GF of any side in it.

Us on the other hand play probably the Bulldogs, and then Brisbane, and then Port, and then Richmond. If the favourites get up of course. Beaten them all and lost to Lions by 2pts.

This is why Geelong winning today was good for us in the world of probabilities. Otherwise we would've had to play them in a prelim had they finished 5th and favourites won.

I know Kent is the first out for Jones for a lot of people although would his bigger body/physicality (particularly if it’s wet) be better in finals type football than Sinclair?

No guarantees Jones will be right to play either.

Very keen to see who steps up in finals footy for us!
There is a reason why Sinclair plays midfield and Kent doesn't.

I initially wanted to play Collingwood because they look more shaky than the Dogs but I've come around to playing the Dogs instead. Ratts is 2/2 against them and we beat them earlier this year. I want Collingwood & Geelong out as quickly as possible or without us having to play them. Geelongs win today means they have to travel to (probably) Adelaide to play the Power and if they lose that they'll need to go through West Coast/Collingwood before playing (probably) Richmond in a prelim. It's one of the hardest routes to the GF of any side in it.

Us on the other hand play probably the Bulldogs, and then Brisbane, and then Port, and then Richmond. If the favourites get up of course. Beaten them all and lost to Lions by 2pts.

This is why Geelong winning today was good for us in the world of probabilities. Otherwise we would've had to play them in a prelim had they finished 5th and favourites won.
George I know you think I’m trolling you but you have it wrong not that it matters now. Firstly if geelong did finish 5th we can’t play Them till the grand final. The other thing that could have happened is geelong and pies might have to play each other in an elimination final which gets rid of one of the teams I agree we need to get rid of. Now that they are 4th we certainly can play them in a prelim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back