Preview 2nd Elimination Final, 2020: St.Kilda v Western Bulldogs - Gabba, Saturday 3rd October, 4:40PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 64 74.4%
  • Bulldogs

Votes: 22 25.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I initially wanted to play Collingwood because they look more shaky than the Dogs but I've come around to playing the Dogs instead. Ratts is 2/2 against them and we beat them earlier this year. I want Collingwood & Geelong out as quickly as possible or without us having to play them. Geelongs win today means they have to travel to (probably) Adelaide to play the Power and if they lose that they'll need to go through West Coast/Collingwood before playing (probably) Richmond in a prelim. It's one of the hardest routes to the GF of any side in it.

Us on the other hand play probably the Bulldogs, and then Brisbane, and then Port, and then Richmond. If the favourites get up of course. Beaten them all and lost to Lions by 2pts.

This is why Geelong winning today was good for us in the world of probabilities. Otherwise we would've had to play them in a prelim had they finished 5th and favourites won.
Don't let people push your buttons lol

It’s not a hypothetical. We play geelong if everything happens as you said. And it’s in the prelim. You had the brackets wrong. Sorry to point it out. Good to see mowman support you though. Even if it also means he is wrong.
Not if Port beat them which was part of my post if you managed to have a look.

If Geelong lose the first final they play the winner of Eagles v Pies and if they win that they play winner of Richmond v Brisbane in a prelim.

Not if Port beat them which was part of my post if you managed to have a look.

If Geelong lose the first final they play the winner of Eagles v Pies and if they win that they play winner of Richmond v Brisbane in a prelim.
Fair enough. Still think finishing 5th would have been much better especially if they played the pies. Also if they had of finished 5th we cannot meet until the grand final. Your way needs results to go a certain way. Doesn’t matter anyway. It’s out of our control

Last edited:
Kent has been a key link player in our scoring with 5 score involvements on the weekend. His gameplay isn't pretty but he usually gets the job done. His poor performance against the eagles could have him out.

Sinclair is a clean user and has versatility to play multiple positions. Averages 1 goal assist per game - Saints best. Can be ineffective at times.

Carlisle looks injured and slow, we can probably cover his role from a KPP perspective, however creates space for Wilke/Coffield/Long when he plays.

Geary can be covered by a number of players who can play his position tagging or back pocket. However his leadership/effort/experience and his ability to throw his body around will be important for finals.

---------------------------
Carlisle out for me.

Only problem if we versus the bulldogs, is we will be up against the umpires

Who knows, maybe we’ll be the “fairytale side” this year, as they suggested about the umpiring on the Giants board after our game.

Kent has been a key link player in our scoring with 5 score involvements on the weekend. His gameplay isn't pretty but he usually gets the job done. His poor performance against the eagles could have him out.

Sinclair is a clean user and has versatility to play multiple positions. Averages 1 goal assist per game - Saints best. Can be ineffective at times.

Carlisle looks injured and slow, we can probably cover his role from a KPP perspective, however creates space for Wilke/Coffield/Long when he plays.

Geary can be covered by a number of players who can play his position tagging or back pocket. However his leadership/effort/experience and his ability to throw his body around will be important for finals.

---------------------------
Carlisle out for me.
Carlisle has to play if we play the Dogs

Naughton, Bruce and even English has been pushing forward heaps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if we play Dogs as English likes to push forward and cause a mismatch it makes it more desirable to pick Carlisle.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back