2nd Test; Australia v Pakistan @ Adelaide Over (D/N) November 29-December 3

Remove this Banner Ad

where have I said that they played well? F*** me dead mate. At no point have I said anything aboutit effecting the score, the match situation, anything.

fact: data shows in pink ball teststhe new ball does more at night. If this game gets to tonight, 4 out of 4 times, they have been the side in the worse situation to be in

I suppose the next argument will be about their ineptitude in preventing rain on day one

And you accuse me of having insane logic.

Except they were LUCKY it rained last night right?

Maybe they should have declared earlier yesterday so they didn't have to bat under lights to the new ball

#sobwave

I mean, they've scored nearly 500 runs in the test so far, with one 100 and three 50s. It's hardly an embarrassment. I've seen much worse batting performances.

On a pitch that was such a road that D Warner made 334 - as I said they were 8/194 and 5/150 - the batting has been utterly pathetic outside a once in a lifetime performance from a tail ender.

Why haven’t we subbed Bancroft on to be at bat pad yet jeez

Skill and reflexes aside, anticipation can be a cruel mistress when keeping or fielding close to the bat.

Guess the right way, you're a superstar - but the wrong way, you're an absolute clown!

Lyon did have Smith and Labuschagne drop catches off his bowling in the 1st dig as well as Paine missing that stumping.

Had a few dropped off his bowling during the Ashes too. Two of those were Stokes, in the second innings of the second test, before he started to tee off.

Should go down as an all time 'good'.

Basically a Hauritz with more opportunities.

Make no mistake, he's always been a more talented bowler than Hauritz.

He has more in his locker (uses both overspin and sidespin when necessary), gets more bounce, has greater attacking instincts and similar control.

Hauritz offered more with the bat and was treated badly, but you could see the difference between the two when Lyon debuted.

Make no mistake, he's always been a more talented bowler than Hauritz.

He has more in his locker (uses both overspin and sidespin when necessary), gets more bounce, has greater attacking instincts and similar control.

Hauritz offered more with the bat and was treated badly, but you could see the difference between the two when Lyon debuted.

Not enough to make him a great.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The comparison was with Hauritz though.

Good luck finding a 'great' Australian off-spinner BTW. Probably Ashley Mallett would come the closest, and he lacks Lyon's body of work.

Lyon is currently 20th on the all time wicket takers list. There are three offies ahead of him. If he isn't a great offie I'm not sure what you would have to do to be considered as such as the parameters are clearly not related to results at that point.

The comparison was with Hauritz though.

While I agree that, given the same conditions, Lyon would come out ahead on bowling, I think the difference would be relatively negligible.

Lyon is currently 20th on the all time wicket takers list. There are three offies ahead of him. If he isn't a great offie I'm not sure what you would have to do to be considered as such as the parameters are clearly not related to results at that point.

All time run/wicket lists are, at best, a secondary statistic when measuring greatness.

jesus lads

Ha, ha, you don't see that every day. Paine completely blind-sided, ball pops up in air, blokes screaming 'catch it!', Paine looking desperately everywhere for something to catch and the ball comes down and nearly hit's him on the head! - it was just pad anyway after all that...

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back