2nd Test Australia v West Indies 8/12-12/12 1430hrs @ Adelaide Oval.

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I am saying that those guys we ran out to bat and bat and bat were not having their technique challenged as they were under no pressure. You can bet the Saffa attack will apply far more pressure and this easy two tester may come back to haunt us.
Firstly, the WI bowling was decent enough. Secondly, they’re coming off one tour match against Australia A. Tell, what would ideal preparation for the number 1 ranked team playing at home look like?

Speaking of preparation. Windies will play Tests in Zimbabwe then travel to South Africa. You'd like to hope the Windies will be more competitive in those Tests.

Last edited:
Firstly, the WI bowling was decent enough. Secondly, they’re coming off one tour match against Australia A. Tell, what would ideal preparation for the number 1 ranked team playing at home look like?
They had 2 tour matches. You aren't going to get much more than that in any international tour now.

They had 2 tour matches. You aren't going to get much more than that in any international tour now.
I wasn’t really questioning SA’s warm up (didn’t know they’d had a second match though) more people saying that the WI series had been a poor warm up for us.

I wasn’t really questioning SA’s warm up (didn’t know they’d had a second match though) more people saying that the WI series had been a poor warm up for us.
Oh I thought you were talking about WIs tour games of which there were two.

As part of a box of programmes I bought there was a copy of Australian Cricket from January 1986 and the Indian and New Zealand teams were zipping all Australia playing state teams and up country XIs.
Imagine the outcry about the amount of meaningless cricket being played.

Long article by Colin Croft about the current state of West Indian cricket.

Although it clearly lacks credibility because he hasn't mentioned how bad England, New Zealand, etc have been on recent tours to Australia. :D

Series like this are what turned me off Test Cricket in Australia.
Curator prepares a road. Australia win the toss make a motza. Game over.
Seemed like they were all like this for a while.
The last India series was the best Test Cricket in Australia for a long time.

As part of a box of programmes I bought there was a copy of Australian Cricket from January 1986 and the Indian and New Zealand teams were zipping all Australia playing state teams and up country XIs.
That used to be the norm.

First tour I followed in Australia was England touring in 70-71.

They played four first-class and four one-day matches before the first Test alone.

Last edited:
That used to be the norm.

First tour I followed in Australia was England touring in 70-71.

They played four first-class and four one-day matches before the first Test alone.
Australian teams touring England (and i assume other countries as well) used to play all the counties in England in days gone by...as well as paying against Oxford and Cambridge Universities; an MCC XI etc.

I've got some old Cricketer magazines from 1977 which shows the Australians played something like 30+ matches on that tour

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Next summer is gonna be a disaster.

CA will ensure we get a bunch of flat wickets so that the games aren't over in 3 days and it'll be an absolute snooze fest which 90% of viewers will turn off and only tiny crowds will bother rocking up to.

What a terrible time for test cricket

Needs more South Africa

Long article by Colin Croft about the current state of West Indian cricket.

Although it clearly lacks credibility because he hasn't mentioned how bad England, New Zealand, etc have been on recent tours to Australia. :D

West Indies bad basically everywhere, constantly, for 25 years.

Except doing ok against England in the windies, that’s basically it.

West Indies bad basically everywhere, constantly, for 25 years.

Except doing ok against England in the windies, that’s basically it.

And against Pakistan at home.
And Sri Lanka at home.
And Bangladesh at home. And Bangladesh away. And their Second last UAE series. And prior to last series against New Zealand at home.

Again, they’re being marked against their peak.

Their standard is no different to any of 4-5 other sides at various stages of the last 40 years.

Back