2nd Test Australia v West Indies Jan 25-29 1430hrs @ the Gabba

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

How about the unbeaten 64 from the skipper to get us close to the Windies total?
For all the whining about his captaincy it can't go unnoticed how consistently he has stood up with bat or ball over the past couple years when we needed him to. Leads from the front time and time again!

Interesting match.

Windies have more than held their own - they have landed some decent shots - proper body shots. Can they snap the neck back and rattle the jaw? Time will tell.

During the Ashes i was fairly vocal in saying that Australia aren't as good as many think. I said that our bowling attack looked old and it needed a refresh. That hasnt happened this summer and it could well cost us in future summers.

I also said that Pakistan and the Windies would push us this summer. I have, once again I may add, been spot on with my analysis weeks out from the event.

We all want to see a good game so very annoying our tail wagged. Wouldn't be surprised to see it all over by tmrw

Yes, just because test cricket came first doesn't mean its the superior format.
And because short form cricket came most recently, that doesn't mean it is the superior format.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought the DRS was brought into the game to eliminate the "HOWLER"? The Chanderpaul decision of Not Out was no howler and i wonder why we have umpires at all, i suppose somebody has to hold the bowlers cap. No umpire in the world would've been able to give that out. I know i am in the minority, but that snicko was like a fly landing on the bat...I wonder what Chris Broad would think?

For all the whining about his captaincy it can't go unnoticed how consistently he has stood up with bat or ball over the past couple years when we needed him to. Leads from the front time and time again!

i'd argue he has under performed with the bat till that match winning dig a few months ago, it's funny i think he can avg 20 but do we want him out in the middle at the risk of a broken finger.

I thought the DRS was brought into the game to eliminate the "HOWLER"? The Chanderpaul decision of Not Out was no howler and i wonder why we have umpires at all, i suppose somebody has to hold the bowlers cap. No umpire in the world would've been able to give that out. I know i am in the minority, but that snicko was like a fly landing on the bat...I wonder what Chris Broad would think?
Dunno why everyone is so keen on saying DRS is just for “howlers”. Surely we just want decisions to be as accurate as possible? If you’re out you’re out, if you’re not you’re not. End of story.

I like Test Cricket.
Perhaps be honest yourself, people on here don’t enjoy Test Cricket. They abuse the players non stop.
They get so bored with the days play, they start discussing commentary changes.
Commentary changes SMH, LMFAO.
This is it. Do people forget what tests used to be like with scoring rates?

This may be a moderate (being generous) deck for a pink Test but it has not stopped this game from being a gripping one with twist and turns that'd make a good Agatha Christie mystery.

The Windies attack threw everything they had at us but our Test Player of the Year anchored expertly for Carey and the skipper to then throw the willow to erase the huge deficit. I have us ahead now as we have regained the momentum, with Josh's late wicket a bonus.....

Last edited:
It's weird how we all want the West Indies to win & are disappointed we re-gathered lol

i guess west indies winning might force the changes people say they want. i have to agree we've missed the opportunity to blood some new players.
i've really enjoyed this test so far. i hate feeling sorry for a touring team which can happen from time to time when they're uncompetitive - not the case here. it's great pounding on england and india, when they let us.

Back