2nd Test Australia v West Indies Jan 25-29 1430hrs @ the Gabba

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah sure hope so

Probably will

Yeah I feel sorry for them too. I’m often real sympathetic for teams that draw series with the reigning world champions on their home turf. Sympathy is my main emotion for them.

He’s still here. I’m just trying to come up with some for the Aussies.

Yeah probably second grade maybe? The Aussies are what, thirds? Subbies?

Shemar wouldn’t do that. He has a broken foot.

Yeah would have been better if we just played some youngsters and blooded some other guys. We rattled you too easily.

Oh you meant the Aussies.

dont Australian kids learn to hit the straight red pink one?

Looks like the Aussies have picked Miss Green, Miss Head, Miss Carey, Miss Hazlewood. I thought it was the men’s team but it reads more like the staff roster at a school.
Come on bruh, not even the most bias WI supporter would have thought they would have a 1% chance of winning at 5/60.

Last edited:

There are options but i doubt someone like george bailey has the courage to try and implement them so it’s irrelevant. We will be stuck with guys like head and marsh whether we should be or not.
‘Stuck’ with Travis Head? Have you lived on another planet these last 18 months? Marsh is also average 52 in 8 Tests since returning in the Ashes, doesn’t feel quite like being ‘stuck’ with someone.

No young player has dominated the Shield like Green did his first 3 seasons in it for a very long time

A lot of you say you want a fresh, younger team but I don't believe you really know what that entails or the patience that is required
Imagine if a McSweeney came in and had a couple of failures, vultures would be out quickly.

Yeah sure hope so

Probably will

Yeah I feel sorry for them too. I’m often real sympathetic for teams that draw series with the reigning world champions on their home turf. Sympathy is my main emotion for them.

Yeah would have been better if we just played some youngsters and blooded some other guys. We rattled you too easily.

Looks like the Aussies have picked Miss Green, Miss Head, Miss Carey, Miss Hazlewood. I thought it was the men’s team but it reads more like the staff roster at a school.

Gold.

To the winners and their fans go the spoils.

Enjoy! …not that you need much more encouragement.

Pierson's glove work better have improved then, because it was substandard previously.

I reckon it has from what I have seen of the Shield this season. His batting is not too shabby either. Have him and Carey miles ahead of Inglis fwiw.

I would pick Green at 6 (Marsh has to go) Smith at 4 and yes we would probably have a stronger batting line up with Inglis at 7.

Carey is a far better keeper and he is doing a reasonable job with the bat. That first innings was a good.knock under pressure. Pearson would be ahead of Inglis in my view.

I agree Green has to bat at six or probably doesn't make the team. Outside the hundred on a road in India where everyone scored runs he has looked out of depth with the bat. Done his job with the ball when needed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Head is all duck or no dinner. Has a great eye but a less than average technique. Carey also grew up om SA roadsL Not their fault.The last quality batsman SA produced was Greg Chappell who learned technique before the curse of Les Burdett.

Marnus enjoyed a charmed intro to Test cricket. A number of his early good scores enjoyed the good fortune of many dropped catches. Lately those changes have been taken and his performances have bottomed out. Interesting at Shield level he does not command great respect.

Marsh is simply there as a name player in all its connotations. Unless the conditions are suitable for his hard hands T20 style, he is in Scotty Muller class.
Lehmann was brilliant and treated like crap by selectors (Mark Waugh failure after failure). One of the best players of spin as well, unconventional but an incredible eye.

New York City Omg GIF by Max

I think I might need to exit this thread before I end up throwing my phone and laptop over a cliff Santana

Yep, one player is going to save a form of a sport.

Come on guys, can we please stop this over the top dribble

You are very unfamiliar with Sri Lanka aren’t you, and the likes of Arjuna Ranatunga or to a lesser extent Murali/Aravinda are you.

Or Frank Worrell. Or pretty much any of the landmark players for any team not called Australia, England or SA, who were important in them becoming something more than developing sides during their journey to actual competitive or relevant sides in world cricket

Carey is a far better keeper and he is doing a reasonable job with the bat. That first innings was a good.knock under pressure. Pearson would be ahead of Inglis in my view.

I agree Green has to bat at six or probably doesn't make the team. Outside the hundred on a road in India where everyone scored runs he has looked out of depth with the bat. Done his job with the ball when needed.

Took an absolute snorter to get rid of him in the second dig. Has a decent technique and just needs a slice of fortune.

Yeah sure hope so

Probably will

You are Australian mate the Bell Park Rastaman schtick don't wash.

Green has the best technique out of all our batters, the issue is he get easily bog down and doesn't look to score or rotate the strike.

Lehmann was brilliant and treated like crap by selectors (Mark Waugh failure after failure). One of the best players of spin as well, unconventional but an incredible eye.

Boof had an incredible eye but not much technique … agree the continued selection of Koala jnr was one of the great travesties of all time.

Can you see CA resting some of our stars for the Black Caps tour and introduce some new blood. I expect our Kiwi cuzzies will view this as insulting or arrogant. But new blood is needed as we now have an ageing team.

We won’t do that and nor should we. Give the current side a months break and then they can get back into it.

A drawn series should mean both teams hold the trophy imo, ******ed Australia have the trophy aloft when they just lost and it being 1-1

That makes no sense, winning in 1995 was an epic achievement after all pain including that 1993 series we haven't lost since that series one day windies will have their own 1995 moment and get trophy back but they need to earn it back way we did or trophy means nothing.

Back