2nd Test New Zealand v Australia March 8-12 0830hrs @ Hagley Oval

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

We need this partnership to get us within around 100 runs, hope for a mini partnership with Carey (I know, I know) and then rely on the tail wagging as it does sometimes.

A captain's cameo by Cummins, with the LyonGOAT to hit the winning runs?

If there's no loss of wicket before stumps, we could still be in for an exciting day's play tomorrow.

England and India gifted a dull, pathetic 5 match series, whereas this one only gets 2.
The disrespect New Zealand gets for series are a joke. Have deserved 3+ match series for years now

Unfortunately only 3 countries can afford to host test series containing more than 4 tests in a home summer.

I hope the brains trust in the Australian team noticed Trav's poor play ducking the bouncer when he left his bat up like a periscope. I remember Doug Walters doing the same (I think it was 1970-71 Ashes) and the ball hitting the bat and the catch taken in the gully.

Yeah small thing but he’ll learn still has had a good series
It's not something a modern coach would adjust. Some players - Travis Head is another one, so was AB De Villiers - just stay leg side of the ball. You gain the ability to score square of the wicket to straight bowling at the cost of not defending your stumps as well as you could.

It'd work if he could dependably leave the ball, but at present he's caught between playing a sixth stump line and leaving it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love to see a Kiwi win
Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Re the good/bad decision to bowl first storm, at the end of Day One it was universally praised as a good decision.
After 8/107 ==> all out 162, Cummins was praised by all.

The naysayers have ignored that, but both camps are upset because of where we are now.

We're in trouble now because of:
--- the pitch settling down, helping the Kiwis in their second dig. Suddenly, today, after lunch the ball turned and Lyon became dangerous. Who knew, or predicted that?
--- 2 dropped catches
--- unwise short-pitched bowling @ the Kiwis
--- profligate batting by our Top 4 today.

It's the Kiwi second dig that has us in deep doo-doo, not winning the toss and bowling. (edited)
Less complicated than that, its simply we cant bat.
Not helped by two guys hopelessly out of touch (despite Marnus' 90) who natural instincts are to play across the line.

That England/India series would have made money.

New Zealand loses money on a lot of their test matches

Maybe if the NZ public gave more of a sh*t about Test Cricket when it's not us touring they would be able to play more tests without losing money.
Then the game won’t grow. It’s not always about India, unfortunately.

Been a couple of solid days from the Kiwis.In the box seat now.Been a pretty good test wicket.
Aussies need to grind out the runs.Wait patiently for the bad ball+ run singles, rotating the strike.

Back