AFL Player #30: Nate Caddy

Remove this Banner Ad

Knocked-out adult teeth​

If an adult tooth is knocked out:
  • Handle the tooth by the crown (smooth white part), not the root (yellowish pointy part).
  • If the tooth is dirty, gently rinse it in milk or saline for a few seconds. Do not rinse the tooth with water.
  • Holding the clean tooth by the crown, gently put it back into the hole in the gum (socket). Make sure the pointy yellowish root(s) is the part that goes into the socket.
  • Hold the tooth in place by gently biting on something soft, like a handkerchief.
  • See an oral health professional immediately.
If you can’t replace the tooth yourself:
  • Try not to let the tooth dry out - place it in milk or spit into a clean container and place the tooth in saliva.
  • Seek immediate advice from an oral health professional.
Hey saliva works too, cool.

Same also if you break a tooth, they can glue it back together if you have the piece (keep it in milk until it can be put back together). The fix doesn’t seem to last forever though. Idk if the tech has improved but my brother ended up with a cap and then eventually a crown.

In this day and age why on earth would you play without a mouthguard, most just get white ones so they look like teeth from afar.
He is a bogan norfie.

I didn’t wear a mouth guard as I found them uncomfortable. They are probably better made these days though.

I didn’t wear a mouth guard as I found them uncomfortable. They are probably better made these days though.
I was dirt poor as a kid, and I was already conscious that my mum was struggling to pay the rego fees so I didn't want to ask her about a replacement mouthguard, as I'd lost mine. So before games for two years straight, I used to go and get 20c out of a trolley by taking it back for an old person. Then I used to go to the milkbar before the game and buy some redskins. I'd put it in my mouth and mould it to my teeth before warm up where the refs check our boots and mouthguards.

Needless to say, I am missing a few teeth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was dirt poor as a kid, and I was already conscious that my mum was struggling to pay the rego fees so I didn't want to ask her about a replacement mouthguard, as I'd lost mine. So before games for two years straight, I used to go and get 20c out of a trolley by taking it back for an old person. Then I used to go to the milkbar before the game and buy some redskins. I'd put it in my mouth and mould it to my teeth before warm up where the refs check our boots and mouthguards.

decay or other kids punching you to steal the redskins?

from the sugar in the redskins?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back