AFL Player #30: Nate Caddy

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair point on the non-sanctioned matches only atm therefore no formal injury lists being lodged. Hadn't thought of that at all but it wouldn't be difficult for the club to maintain and injury list from start of preseason.

I guess I'm neck deep in following NBA where they have daily updates, sometimes several times a day (players listed on game day as questionable to probable to playing for example) so am seeing how easily it can be done. I need to lower my expectations though.

I think the new CBA might have had stuff in there about more transparency and accuracy in injury reports since a lot of supporters get frustrated with the vagueness of it all. Like yes, we get rehab might not go as planned and there's a delay, but players that are listed as test for 6 weeks when everyone knows they'll be out for an extended period is silly.

The NBA also had a bit of a crackdown because star players were sitting out of games for no reason whatsoever and fans that had paid big dollars to see them play were getting pissed.

I think even in the NBA the preseason is pretty loose on updates unless it's a well known name copping a long-term injury, not generally small things.

while Bombers fans will have to wait a little longer to see top 10 draft pick Nate Caddy, who will not play as the club takes a cautious approach from soreness due to an awkward landing at training.

Named in the VFL match sim this weekend New
frankenstein-its-alive.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back