AFL Player #30: Nate Caddy

Remove this Banner Ad

Would not say he bashed the door down but he was much better than Weideman . Normally I would say no he is not ready and I do not think he is but the best option may be to give him a go for a few weeks.

Bored Still Waiting GIF

Assuming 2MP is out, play him, he'll only add to #efcedginess

4 game block of experience.
Get a feel for AFL pace and attention.
Not giving out free games, injury driven.
2MP 100% straight back in 5 weeks away.
Alternatives are worse.

No brainer … like the (my boy) Hind’s elbow which was truely zero brain engagement if I ever I saw one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What makes you say that? Sounds like he was our best forward in the VFL last week. An injury at his position. I think we’d be wrong not to bring him in.
He was the best forward but he was still short of being good and had long periods of the game where he did nothing.
“We're not going to hold him back for the sake of holding him back”
He also has to have some form. I was not against giving him a go but lets not start making false news about his form. He kicked a couple of goals in what was just an okay game from him. Had a bit of bench time as well. I suspect he is not quite at AFL level fitness right now.
The only reason you could really complain is if they selected Weideman. They did not.

He was the best forward but he was still short of being good and had long periods of the game where he did nothing.

He also has to have some form. I was not against giving him a go but lets not start making false news about his form. He kicked a couple of goals in what was just an okay game from him. Had a bit of bench time as well. I suspect he is not quite at AFL level fitness right now.
The only reason you could really complain is if they selected Weideman. They did not.

I didn’t see the VFL game last week. Which is why I said ‘sounds like he was the best forward’.

The form thing is fair - VFL stats seem iffy, but looks like he’s had 10 p’s, 2 grabs, 2 goals. Sounds just okay. Again, feel free to correct me there if inaccurate. But, are all the senior guys held to this same standard? Kelly was rushed back in after a shocker against Hawthorn (might be harsh on Kelly, but he was also dreadful to finish last year). Jones is emergency, so apparently ahead of Caddy - after being unnoticeable against Hawks, then an emergency.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back