AFL Player #15: Jayden Laverde

Remove this Banner Ad

I have questions over his hardness, to be honest... Anathema I know. PLENTY of time to prove these inklings to be just vague insecurities. Still early days. Certainly has the physical tools and natural talent.

Laverde is much better utilised as a forward (atm). His 2 goals a game (that he could/should) average will be much better than the 15 - 20 touches a game he could get spending time in the midfield.

As a permanent forward, his marking ability sets him aside from any of the older guys we have at the club. Think the club tried to rectify this with the recruitment of Begley and Ridley as 3rd forwards which, in time and development will allow the more physical Laverde to spend more time through the middle. Post Hocking, Watson, BJ era.

In time he will be a midfielder, at the moment just getting him on the park is priority # 1 for the EFC. He could be anything, or he could end up another role player.

He's predominantly a forward right now who can take a turn in the midfield. Today was good. Presented well and always presents at the ball carrier.

Best 22 for mine and hoping for 25-35 goals.

Has more tricks than he has shown. Always feel that he's playing slightly inhibited football. Wish he'd just cut loose - all in the fullness of time I guess.

He's predominantly a forward right now who can take a turn in the midfield. Today was good. Presented well and always presents at the ball carrier.

Best 22 for mine and hoping for 25-35 goals.

Has more tricks than he has shown. Always feel that he's playing slightly inhibited football. Wish he'd just cut loose - all in the fullness of time I guess.
I mentioned that a month or so ago as well.

He looks like he is holding back for some reason. I saw some footage of him pre-draft and he let loose, taking the game on.

When he starts getting comfortable and playing consistently, we'll see this side of him. His injuries hampered his preparation to date.

I mentioned that a month or so ago as well.

He looks like he is holding back for some reason. I saw some footage of him pre-draft and he let loose, taking the game on.

When he starts getting comfortable and playing consistently, we'll see this side of him. His injuries hampered his preparation to date.
His pre draft vid shows what he can do when he backs in his physical attributes. Probably just trying to play selfless team footy for now which is understandable.

When he truly believes he's in the team every week is when we'll likely see him start to open his bag of tricks more regularly.

His pre draft vid shows what he can do when he backs in his physical attributes. Probably just trying to play selfless team footy for now which is understandable.

When he truly believes he's in the team every week is when we'll likely see him start to open his bag of tricks more regularly.
If he does it round 1 infront of Rioli's face and make Bruce cream himself I'll be happy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back