Player Watch #34: Jack Graham - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree with your 2 x 2nd rounders but why should we accommodate a club chasing a player that still has 2 years left on a contract
Jack Graham is a player that builds culture and oozes leadership and only 24 years old and been part of a dynasty team in 2 premierships and best 22

He wont be going to Port on any less than $600k for 5 years if he is giving up his free agency card in 2 years
so Port will be paying him top dollar on a long deal and being contracted need to pay a premium as we are expected to with Hopper but we dont have to trade and GWS are in the s**t with their cap.

Unless its a pick/s that value the #15 range im keeping him
Gotta be honest all the captain talk is still confusing for me.

Every time I've seen him speak he seems pretty timid and not an amazing speaker. I guess on the track it's probably vastly different.

He doesn't seem to have that intelligence streak that Cotch has.

Anyway I don't think that big-bodied-mid should equal captain so often.

I actually don't think we have an obvious captain in waiting right now...

We gave 24 (Parfitt) and 64 (Narkle) for Caddy and 56 (Jack Graham). Values him at pick 28 which was entirely reasonable at the time. Reamed them in hind site.
People who say this pick plus that pick equals these points which values Player X at Pick Y should be shot out of a cannon.

Agree with your 2 x 2nd rounders but why should we accommodate a club chasing a player that still has 2 years left on a contract
Jack Graham is a player that builds culture and oozes leadership and only 24 years old and been part of a dynasty team in 2 premierships and best 22

He wont be going to Port on any less than $600k for 5 years if he is giving up his free agency card in 2 years
so Port will be paying him top dollar on a long deal and being contracted need to pay a premium as we are expected to with Hopper but we dont have to trade and GWS are in the s**t with their cap.

Unless its a pick/s that value the #15 range im keeping him
Of course we don't have to trade. But we still might.

People who say this pick plus that pick equals these points which values Player X at Pick Y should be shot out of a cannon.
Not really. You left out critical parts of the deal. It wasn't a simple swap of 24 for caddy, the net result was less than that and it was fair.

It's the same as saying we paid pick 8 for Polak but in reality it was 8 for Polak and 13 (jack riewoldt). Pretty important details to include.

Not really. You left out critical parts of the deal. It wasn't a simple swap of 24 for caddy, the net result was less than that and it was fair.

It's the same as saying we paid pick 8 for Polak but in reality it was 8 for Polak and 13 (jack riewoldt). Pretty important details to include.
It was 24 and 64 for Caddy and 56. Pick 24 and a very minor late-round upgrade. It wasn't 28 for Caddy.

In reality it was 8 and 42 for Polak and 13. Freo on-traded 42 to Essington, who used it to draft Houli.

There were no ******* points in either ******* year.

Now get in that ******* cannon!

It was 24 and 64 for Caddy and 56. Pick 24 and a very minor late-round upgrade. It wasn't 28 for Caddy.

In reality it was 8 and 42 for Polak and 13. Freo on-traded 42 to Essington, who used it to draft Houli.

There were no ******* points in either ******* year.

Now get in that ******* cannon!
The value was less than 24. Do you understand?

The points system is just a way to put a numerical value on it. Just a guide.

The value was less than 24. Do you understand?

The points system is just a way to put a numerical value on it. Just a guide.
Your mum must have had to tie a steak around your neck to get the dog to play with you.

The points system is for nothing but matching bids.

How quickly we forget, there is a reason other clubs are chasing him

Fd5fPF_agAALhxU

Just got banned from the Jack Graham thread on the draft board for suggesting a port supporter was delusional.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How quickly we forget, there is a reason other clubs are chasing him

Fd5fPF_agAALhxU

Keep this handy for when people trumpet how Houli was robbed of the Norm Smith … I’m amazed he was that low. But when you watch that game back on replay Dusty was clearly BOG.

22 contested touches and went at 83% - that’s freakish efficiency. 2 goals, 9 x SI’s and 6 clearances.

As a guide Danger had 17 contested on Saturday and went at 67%. And in the PF where Danger was rated BOG he had 16 contested and went at 57%.

And yes… Graham was good also. Trouble is it was his fifth game and would probably still be his best game for the club.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Keep this handy for when people trumpet how Houli was robbed of the Norm Smith … I’m amazed he was that low. But when you watch that game back on replay Dusty was clearly BOG.
Correct.

I recall sitting at that match and saying to the bloke next to me about 10 minutes into the last quarter "if Houli kicks this I reckon he's Norm Smith". He missed the goal, but I still rated him up there with Dusty and Rance as a decent chance.

Finally re-watched the match a couple of days later on the telly and thought Dusty was miles ahead of anyone else. No contest.

Oppo supporters who try to pull the Houli myth are just trying to dilute the Dusty legend by stealth.

Jack here to stay.

Jack Graham that is

22 contested touches and went at 83% - that’s freakish efficiency. 2 goals, 9 x SI’s and 6 clearances.

As a guide Danger had 17 contested on Saturday and went at 67%. And in the PF where Danger was rated BOG he had 16 contested and went at 57%.

And yes… Graham was good also. Trouble is it was his fifth game and would probably still be his best game for the club.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Ditto for that amazing role player who we can't do without - Castagna.
Bottom four!!
Clearly he was the key.

Jack Graham that still is

Remove this Banner Ad

Back