4th test Australia v India at the Gabba 1030 AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

You won’t get it. There is a brigade which desperately wants the American Canadian Australian British passport and yet abuse, ridicule these countries . Surely that is an unacceptable behavior. I don’t know how you can accept such behavior .

I would happily live in the US. Doesn't mean I am going to stand at a KKK meeting and applaud them for their stance on people of colour.
I'd absolutely love to live in Germany. Doesn't mean I can't piss on any remaining Nazi war criminals who still call the place home.

F*** off with your backwards race bullshit.

I would happily live in the US. Doesn't mean I am going to stand at a KKK meeting and applaud them for their stance on people of colour.
I'd absolutely love to live in Germany. Doesn't mean I can't piss on any remaining Nazi war criminals who still call the place home.

F*** off with your backwards race bullshit.
Yeh. But if you live in the US and after a sporting victory start hurling abuses at US, you are the backward. All this after you have wanted a US passport.Hope you get it or are you the one who shits on railway tracks

Yeh. But if you live in the US and after a sporting victory start hurling abuses at US, you are the backward. All his after you have wanted a US passport.Hope you get it or are you the one who shits on railway tracks

if I lived there and Australia beat them in the gold medal basketball match I'd gloat all I want. I wouldn't be a f***wit about it. But I'm sure many other Australians in the same situation WOULD be f***wits about it. That's the nature of f***wits. They're everywhere, every nationality has them, every race has them. India happens to be the second biggest nationality on the planet so naturally, they will have more. It doesn't mean all Indians are f***wits.

if I lived there and Australia beat them in the gold medal basketball match I'd gloat all I want. I wouldn't be a f***wit about it. But I'm sure many other Australians in the same situation WOULD be f***wits about it. That's the nature of f***wits. They're everywhere, every nationality has them, every race has them. India happens to be the second biggest nationality on the planet so naturally, they will have more. It doesn't mean all Indians are f***wits.
Glad you could accept some are. Thank you.

Every Indian Cricket supporter I've spoken to in real life has been great to talk with. It's rare speaking with someone who actually has interest in Test cricket beyond what the Aussies are doing that particular summer so it's always nice.

Online is a different story. I'd argue fans of any Cricket Team will get on your nerves and I can only imagine a neutral supporter wandering into a live match thread on here and reading "**** OFF RAHANE! YOU'RE ****" would probably feel the same way about us.

Given how "fortress Australia" has been conquered for some time now, it's time for touring teams to show some mettle in other parts of the world!
I can't wait to see the new India on a green seaming pitch -- i'm sure they will conquer that as well!
I hope so I’m sure they’re working on it

What was last summer (if we count Pakistan and NZ tests as one), I am thinking quite even as well.
Starc 30
Lyon 27
Cummins 20
Hazelwood/Pattinson 22

Hazelwood was injured first over of NZ test series then replaced by Pattinson.

All bowlers pulling their weight. Compared to this past series vs India

Cummins 21
Hazelwood 17
Starc 11 (4 were in first innings of 1st test)
Lyon 9 (3 were in first innings in 2nd test)

Can see why we could only take 20 wickets once.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every Indian Cricket supporter I've spoken to in real life has been great to talk with. It's rare speaking with someone who actually has interest in Test cricket beyond what the Aussies are doing that particular summer so it's always nice.

Online is a different story. I'd argue fans of any Cricket Team will get on your nerves and I can only imagine a neutral supporter wandering into a live match thread on here and reading "**** OFF RAHANE! YOU'RE ****" would probably feel the same way about us.
Judging by this thread a lot of Australians have been very gracious and appreciative of India’s efforts

Rahane's record as test captain is something else. Captained 5 tests for 4 wins 1 draw 0 losses. Four of those tests have been against us in high stakes matches.

One was the 4th deciding test when we toured India in 2016 with the series 1-1. They win without Kohli and take the series.
Now he's led the Indian reserves team to come back from 0-1 down on Australian shores to achieve their most famous series win ever.

Rahane's record as test captain is something else. Captained 5 tests for 4 wins 1 draw 0 losses. Four of those tests have been against us in high stakes matches.

One was the 4th deciding test when we toured India in 2016 with the series 1-1. They win without Kohli and take the series.
Now he's led the Indian reserves team to come back from 0-1 down on Australian shores to achieve their most famous series win ever.
A very calm, almost emotionless man. Wonder if that was the key after being bowled out for 36 in Adelaide.

Would a very driven, demanding Kohli have pushed the wrong buttons to get the players to fightback?

Mark Reason: Australia's cricket loses honour in shameful short bowling assault on India

The baggy green cap lies soiled and dishonoured on the bloody soil of the ‘Gabbatoir’.

In their desperation for victory against India, the hosts have routinely assaulted and abused their visitors and pretended that it was all in the name of cricket. Even during the squalid cheating scandal of 2018, Australia never fell as low as they have during this four test series against these gritty Indians.

Ball after short ball have been bowled at India’s lower order batsmen. Bones were cracked and men like Mohammed Shami and Ravindra Jadeja were forced to retire hurt from the series, one with a shattered elbow, the other with a mangled hand. And yet still the onslaught continued.

There was nothing accidental about it. It was a planned assault. In the lead-up to the series Tim Paine, the grubby Australian captain, the man who was supposedly brought in to restore honour, said; “It is a tactic we use pretty consistently, particularly to the lower order. Playing the short ball at that pace is uncomfortable.”

Who is this guy? Does he know test cricket is called "Test" beccause it's a examation of your courage, skill etc?

And didn't Wagner do the same thing aginst us? And we never complained. Why is this Kiwi having a sook?

Mark Reason: Australia's cricket loses honour in shameful short bowling assault on India

The baggy green cap lies soiled and dishonoured on the bloody soil of the ‘Gabbatoir’.

In their desperation for victory against India, the hosts have routinely assaulted and abused their visitors and pretended that it was all in the name of cricket. Even during the squalid cheating scandal of 2018, Australia never fell as low as they have during this four test series against these gritty Indians.

Ball after short ball have been bowled at India’s lower order batsmen. Bones were cracked and men like Mohammed Shami and Ravindra Jadeja were forced to retire hurt from the series, one with a shattered elbow, the other with a mangled hand. And yet still the onslaught continued.

There was nothing accidental about it. It was a planned assault. In the lead-up to the series Tim Paine, the grubby Australian captain, the man who was supposedly brought in to restore honour, said; “It is a tactic we use pretty consistently, particularly to the lower order. Playing the short ball at that pace is uncomfortable.”

Who is this guy? Does he know test cricket is called "Test" beccause it's a examation of your courage, skill etc?

And didn't Wagner do the same thing aginst us? And we never complained. Why is this Kiwi having a sook?

Absolutely awful journalism. Literally a month ago, Alzarri Joseph, admittedly a better batsman than some of the Indians but still a tailender, was greeted by a short ball barrage from Wagner. The fact that he belted him out of the ground a couple of times is literally all that separates that spell from what this idiot writer is talking about. The fact that he's mentioned Jadeja's broken thumb as proof of how big and mean the Australians are is just a joke. The guy has a Test hundred, is a legit Test standard all-rounder and has three first class triple hundreds. I sent him a scathing email for shits and giggles

Remove this Banner Ad

Back