Player Watch #9: Trent Cotchin is an obscenely good 3 x Premiership Captain, Victorian Captain & Brownlow Medalist

Remove this Banner Ad

Equal 3rd for Tackles with 5
Equal 1st for Intercept Possessions with 12
Equal 2nd for Pressure Acts with 20
Equal 1st for Score Involvements with 7
2nd for Contested Possessions with 19
2nd for Clearances with 5
2nd for Inside 50's with 6

He's alright

Equal 3rd for Tackles with 5
Equal 1st for Intercept Possessions with 12
Equal 2nd for Pressure Acts with 20
Equal 1st for Score Involvements with 7
2nd for Contested Possessions with 19
2nd for Clearances with 5
2nd for Inside 50's with 6

He's alright
I wonder how many of those 2nds were because of Dusty. Pretty happy with myself for backing Cotchy in my supercoach team as he is criminally underrated.

So good around packs, snatches it right out of the oppositions path and just weaves or pivots out of trouble to give clean hands or make space for him self. Best he has played for a while. His ability at getting the ball out of congestion is pretty amazing at times. Cotch love fest:thumbsu:

Don't know if it's just me but he seems to be moving with so much vigour.

There was a great moment on the boundary near the members early in the first after the Weegles had kicked the opener and were all over us, and we couldn't get our hands on it. Cotch came in pretty hard, shoved someone off it, picked it up cleanly and dished it out. We settled after he did that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His field kicking this year has been superb. His kicking is back to his early career and 2012 level. This will be his nest year since 2012 I reckon.

There was one in particular on Monday night that stood out. He grabbed the ball under pressure on the far wing (watched on TV), swung on to his left foot and delivered an absolute laser into...Castagna (I think?) 40m out directly in front. Was in the 3rd quarter. Perhaps one for the GIF thread. Anyway, was outrageously good

There was one in particular on Monday night that stood out. He grabbed the ball under pressure on the far wing (watched on TV), swung on to his left foot and delivered an absolute laser into...Castagna (I think?) 40m out directly in front. Was in the 3rd quarter. Perhaps one for the GIF thread. Anyway, was outrageously good
Yup, as good a short pass as you'll ever see.

Hi,
Apologies if this has been posted somewhere else. This is a good read and shows more the vulnerable side behind the players.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...s/news-story/e0c159ade1cbc5188ae61c62a6131efe

Trent Cotchin on the pressure of the Richmond captaincy and learning to enjoy the good times
TRENT COTCHIN, Herald Sun
April 29, 2017 6:30pm
Subscriber only
IT was the moment I knew I had to get some help.

Throughout the first four years as captain of Richmond, I’d always tried to work my backside off. Tried to be positive and supportive. As my dad always used to say: “Try to make every post a winner.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back