Banter Adelaide Board's Combined Politics/Covid discussion Banter Thread (WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its fu**n hilarious..

Heres a bloke that is so out if touch that he doesnt even know the approximate price of petrol when asked off the cuff..

But he’s dead set certain that, no mater what the current price is, its definitely gonna be higher under labor!..

What a mendacious knob…

Thats as bad as when Shorten agreed with whatever Gillard had said.. before he’d even heard what it was she’d said!.
Not even close. He can be confident the Coalitions policies will be better for keeping overall prices down than Labors.

Shorten agreed with what Gillard said without even knowing what she said.

Not even close. He can be confident the Coalitions policies will be better for keeping overall prices down than Labors.

Shorten agreed with what Gillard said without even knowing what she said.
What a load of utter horseshit.

He can be confident of nothing of the sort.

Can you please provide us with all the evidence you have that proves that fuel prices are lower under coalition governments than they are under labor governments..

I’m ready for a good laugh given neither governments have much, if any, control over fuel prices..

What a load of utter horseshit.

He can be confident of nothing of the sort.

Can you please provide us with all the evidence you have that proves that fuel prices are lower under coalition governments than they are under labor governments..

I’m ready for a good laugh…
I don't need to, I am explaining his comment and how not knowing the individual price of a commodity is irrelevant if he believes his policies will keep prices down compared to Labor. Its not that hard to comprehend.

As for not knowing what someone said but agreeing with it on National TV, thats on a level of stupidity very few reach.

'I knew one of you flogs would bring that up' - what like somehow its wrong to? They are just absolute partisan hacks, nothing to do with conservatives give them more material which is just rubbish.

Sorry no free passes - in this day and age especially with cancel culture and all, they should be off the air for that full stop. It was beyond awful and should have ended their tenure.

Clearly you support cancel culture if you're posting stuff like this.

I knew one of you flogs would bring that up..

That was a sick joke.. no one found it funny and they admitted it was wrong and apologised profusely for it.

Comedy and satire can walk a very fine line at times. And those lads massively overstepped that line with that horrible and totally wrong attempt at humour.

That doesnt instantly mean all of their other material ismt funny or should be instantly dismissed. As desperate as some conservatives are to wish it so.

Conservatives love to focus on that fu** up from the chaser lads and keep going back to it because they are more often than not the butt of the chasers jokes.. mainly because conservative morons provide endless mountains of material for comedians to work with!
I find peoples arbitrary line in what's funny and what's not funny so bizarre. It's obviously a joke, no one is actually laughing at real dead or dying kids

I'm not a chaser fan, but that was funny.

I'll up your ill timed humour with probably the funniest video on the internet.

Again, this caused NZ to be outraged, but s**t it was funny and it had a point. Which was lost in the outrage

Clearly you support cancel culture if you're posting stuff like this.
I'll flip this around - this vile filth made fun of dying kids..dying kids FFS - do you think they should not be cancelled?

As for the rest of your comment - try reading my next one that explains what sort or personalities are generally considered fair game

I find peoples arbitrary line in what's funny and what's not funny so bizarre. It's obviously a joke, no one is actually laughing at real dead or dying kids

Again, this caused NZ to be outraged, but sh*t it was funny and it had a point. Which was lost in the outrage

Deep down I'd be willing to bet that people aren't even outraged about it either.

it's just the usual pearl clutching charade that goes on with this type of stuff.

Deep down I'd be willing to bet that people aren't even outraged about it either.

it's just the usual pearl clutching charade that goes on with this type of stuff.
* you and your smarmy comments. Go try having a young relative dying of cancer and see how you would feel. Even clam who has a habit of laying on the abuse pulled back and apologized when he found out - you double down

Yep.

It's funny till it affects me, then it's the devils work.

Edit - its not even just that. It's being so incredibly dumb to think people are laughing at dying children. They aren't laughing at dying children.they are laughing at the concept of realistic wishes put on dying children and how incredibly absurd that is.

Last edited:
The sort of people that derive pleasure from going near the topic of dying kids and making fun of it it in any capacity and those that are enablers really are base grade filth that do stand out from the crowd. Its like - well these guys (chasers in this case) are on my team so nothing is off limits and oh well that people posting here might happen to have family in a similar position to these kids - * them ha ha ha. Imagine being of such low character to keep doubling down and pushing their point.

Again, this caused NZ to be outraged, but sh*t it was funny and it had a point. Which was lost in the outrage

Shark party outrageous? Nope. You built it up as being funny but it ended before the funny bit (sort of like every episode of Brooklyn 99)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are the chasers woke?

Interesting question actually.

I wouldn’t say they’re woke. I’d say they sacrifice a lot of material to avoid getting on the wrong side of woke.

Though I never found them overly funny, they were definitely a lot funnier 20 years ago because their comedy gave the impression everyone in power was fair game.

But now that the cultural landscape has shifted so wildly, their mask is completely off, and it’s obvious they’re neither courageous nor edgy.

And to me, that makes them a lot less funny.

Interesting question actually.

I wouldn’t say they’re woke. I’d say they sacrifice a lot of material to avoid getting on the wrong side of woke.

They were a lot funnier 20 years ago because their comedy gave the impression everyone in power was fair game.

But now that the cultural landscape has shifted so wildly, their mask is completely off, and it’s obvious they’re neither courageous nor edgy.

And to me, that makes them a lot less funny.
Fair enough. I get lost with what is woke and wasn't isn't woke these days.

But comedy is being killed by cancel culture on both sides of the political spectrum.

The sort of people that derive pleasure from going near the topic of dying kids and making fun of it it in any capacity and those that are enablers really are base grade filth that do stand out from the crowd. Its like - well these guys (chasers in this case) are on my team so nothing is off limits and oh well that people posting here might happen to have family in a similar position to these kids - fu** them ha ha ha. Imagine being of such low character to keep doubling down and pushing their point.
Or bestiality...

Fair enough. I get lost with what is woke and wasn't isn't woke these days.

But comedy is being killed by cancel culture on both sides of the political spectrum.

It’s being killed partly because of comedians like them.

The Chaser is such an apt case study in all this, because they actively satirize the concept of cancel culture ie- mock people who believe it even exists.

They would rather preside over the corpse of their own industry than be disowned by the woke.

But seriously.. who the * is advising this bloke?.

Do they seriously believe that, after such a torrid week for the PM, him going and wash some random womans hair in a hair salon would make everyone go “oh, ok, so he’s not as unbeleivably incompetent as I first thought!”

Is this what they think people with elderly family in Aged Care at the moment want to see him doing right now?.. cheap political stunts?

It’s being killed partly because of comedians like them.

The Chaser is such an apt case study in all this, because they actively satirize the concept of cancel culture ie- mock people who believe it even exists.

They would rather preside over the corpse of their own industry than be disowned by the woke.
What's your take on Dave Chapelle

******* you and your smarmy comments. Go try having a young relative dying of cancer and see how you would feel. Even clam who has a habit of laying on the abuse pulled back and apologized when he found out - you double down
I apologised for calling you a flog. But the rest of my comment I stand by.

I think that child cancer skit was terrible and the chaser lads rightly got torn a new one for it.

But they apologised for it.

My point was that because they made a horrid mistake with that skit.. that surely doesnt mean that over a decade later we somehow arent allowed to find humour in any other completely unrelated comedic material they release?..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back