Preview Adelaide V Geelong........Last roll of the dice!

Will it be Patrick or Rodney that takes to the field this Thursday?

• Rodney will relive his funniest moment with a little help from Rory!

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Patrick will burn us a new one.

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • Patrick will line up Rory, miss and cannon into Joel's head.

Votes: 18 48.6%
  • Patty to again hit the turf after Rory shows him his contract!

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Huntercrow

Dwat that Wabbit
Feb 7, 2009
Hunter Valley
AFL Club
Adelaide
Adelaide V Geelong Thursday 7.20pm Adelaide Oval

Another Dangerfield that gets no respect:cool:

Ahhh yes the lesser talented but far from funny "Patrick" will be paying a visit to AO for his return bout with Rory this Friday in what could be billed as "Turf Wars 2018" Rory is the king in that regard as we all witnessed.

Weather forecast for Thursday night should be clear 14 down to 8 degrees with winds tipped at 13 kmh...no rain.

Our last meeting ended in euphoria. We made our 3rd grand final on the back of a strong performance and that crunching collision that put Dangerfield out for the count. We all remember that classic Sloane statement to the competition that this club has arrived and have not only been the benchmark team of 2017 but will ice the cake at the G the following Saturday.....

yep well it just shows that beating Geelong these days does not a premiership make.

It's no good going over old ground now but it really seems such a long time since that prelim final and a lot of water has passed under the bridge my friends.

Geelong are coming off a win in Sydney against a depleted Swans side and as for us..........Well this time around we played Richmond before Geelong with much the same result.

While its easy to condemn everyone in the club for our mixed fortunes this year the reality is that with the loss of Cameron and Lever as well as the injuries to Smith and Brouch we were behind the 8 ball from the start.

Looking at the Geelong midfield it would be easy to dismiss our chances against the likes of Gaz, Danger and Neymar...oops......wrong code. Selwood. hehe!

But Dangerfield and Gaz have not had it all their own way this year. There have been injuries and some minor form lapse probably attributable to that hit from Sloaney boy.

This is a home game so I expect the Crows to play much better. We really do struggle at the G these days. As does Tex it seems. His last 2 weeks have been a mixture of inspirational and insipid. Some of his efforts against the Tigers were ordinary. But I'm willing to except that his form at the G is a remnant of that dark day last September.

From the 22 that played last week there should be a few unforced changes. Performances that were so far below the required level I doubt they will be seen again this year. If at all. But with injuries being what they are and only 9 AFL listed players in the reserves these changes may not eventuate.

Despite a comprehensive loss to Richmond there were some good signs. Sloane looked better and Gooch seems to be heading in the right direction. Jacobs and Gibbs need to fire against Geelong or we may struggle in the middle with the 3 Amigos creating havoc. Although it looks like Patty is playing more forward now so perhaps we need to bolster the backline with the inclusion of Keath for Hartigan. Hopefully Talia is ok or we will have to retain Harto. Hawkins would be happy to see that I'm thinkin'

Last roll of the dice.......Crows by 5. Sloane to retain his title as King of the Turf.

I miss Rodney:sick:

We played some of our best football on the two occasions we played them in Adelaide last year, which shows that you need a lot of effort to beat Geelong.
Not confident if we can repeat that. Four quarter effort needed.

Head says Geelong by 20+
Heart says us by 1-26

Last edited:

Whether we have pick 8 or 11, it’s not going to be enough to get Rankine...so we’re going to have to be creative no matter where we finish. To that end, you’ve got to throw the dice and give it everything you’ve got. Crows by 15.

Same post, but with a little tweaking for accuracy:

Whether we have pick 8 or 11 will make a significant difference in whether we have the capacity to upgrade to get Rankine...so we’re going to have to be creative to finish as low as possible. To that end, you’ve got to put the cue in the rack and put everyone over 25 in for surgery. Cats by 55.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daniel Talia spotted with crows staff in a local coffee shop, and Dr Jones & Partners X-Rays on his person.

7AWP.gif

We need to win 7/7. We can do it. No idea why people want us to tank. You instill habits that no successful club would ever employ. We dont need to move 2 or 3 spots up, we already have several ppicks in the top 20 and the talent is deep. Id rather a tilt at the flag (however slim it may be). Imagine if we won it, Id be hoping that all people encouraging us to 'make decisions for 2019'or similar do not bask in that success.

So.... it looks like we lose Talia, another top ten player, against a team with some good tall forwards and Geelong have all of their best 22 available.

Any win will be very sweet.

I expect that we will also lose Dougie plus an additional hammy injury during the Captains run.

I think the Footy Gods have spoken.

Back