Preview AFL 1st Qualifying Final - Collingwood vs Hawthorn - Changes and Prematch Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

If the weather is fine, hawthorn have the best skills, easily, out of any side in the league.
if the weather stays like this, it will slow them down a bit, it will slow us down aswell, but we would much rather it being a scrap rather than free flowing.
free flowing really isnt our type, we bleed goals too heavily.

I don't get this theory, if their kicking is going to be offput by the weather... The our kicking is going to be Western Bulldogs-like!!!
Simple really...we don't rely on kicking skills. Despite being average for most of the year in that department, we have won 16 out of 22 games, including wins in the wet against Adelaide, Essendon (1st time), Freo, Geelong (2nd time), and Sydney. Hawthorn's great strength is it kicking skills, which allow them to slice through the opposition. They have only lost 5 games, but those included: Geelong round 2 in the wet, West Coast round 4 in the wet, and Richmond round 9 in the wet, which was an absolute flogging.

Ultimately, shootout = they win
Contested game, low-scoring = we are in with a big chance

Rain = contested game

How do you think StKilda supporters face each year eh? They've one flag in their history, do you think they front up for the first game saying to themselves "We can't possibly win - history is against us?"

Supporters SUPPORT, it's not always logical, its an emotional thing and has nothing to do with odds or stats.

i think we really can win bt we have to start well and put hawks on the back foot. if we van syop them from scoring we will win

One thing that we have improved upon from last time we played them is that we no longer have Simon Buckley in the side. He coughed it up to the Hawks about 5-6 times last time we played.

If we're going to win, we need to run and carry in numbers, and tackle like we've never tackled before. I think we're in with a chance.

Why is it nobody gives us a chance after we lose a game and then all of a sudden a day before the game our supporters think we're going to win?
Mate that is me too a T. Every tough game i begin the week sane and clear thinking. Come friday i'm convinced we will win. Not there yet with this one though

i think we really can win bt we have to start well and put hawks on the back foot. if we van syop them from scoring we will win

Clever username (not)

Was confident until I heard Dawes is back in the side. On a dry night with no wind, maybe, but on a wet and swirly night, he's going put in another shocker.

Ye of little faith.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

just gotta keep Dawes away from Cloke. Cloke looked heaps better being the one go to man.
The last time they worked well together was the Sydney game, where Trav stayed deep inside 50 while Dawes rarely went back inside 50 once the ball was bounced, and it worked.

We need to use the same tactics tomorrow night, Cloke as the deep forward, Dawes as the true CHF roaming around outside 50 and Paine leading in the opposite direction to wherever Cloke is to draw Gibson away from the ball, or even get him one on one where he makes Harry O'Brien look like a great defender.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back