AFL 2014 Ladder Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

I cant prove that one with facts. But Ive seen atleast 10 neafl games hes played in. Safe bet that youve seen 0.
I understand why you're trying to defend him though, your club did waste a good pick to get him

I could go into the NEAFL and be an instant superstar. Not saying Longer's a dud, but you can't use the NEAFL as basis for a player.

I cant prove that one with facts. But Ive seen atleast 10 neafl games hes played in. Safe bet that youve seen 0.
I understand why you're trying to defend him though, your club did waste a good pick to get him

Longer is anything but a dud. I get what you're trying to do, but please stop. You're not geting anywhere, the thread isn't going anywhere and it's just become dull.

6880621039_ef3f8107af.jpg

Anyone with such a great leap will have some future in the game, be it as a ruckman or a forward. His development was outstanding when you compare the draft-day comparisons to now. St Kilda have got themselves a huge bargain here. Now it's up to them to nurture it and see if he can gel with Hickey in the ruck and forward line.

Port has one of the youngest teams, and yet posters are predicting they'll get worse with experience? Obviously I'm biased, I'm predicting they'll beat last year's 5th spot. It's a bit odd, but stranger things have happened. I think that Geelong and Collingwood will drop this year, and North Melbourne shan't make the recovery that many are predicting.

1. Sydney
  2. Fremantle
  3. Richmond
  4. Port Adelaide
  5. Hawthorn
  6. Carlton
  7. Essendon
  8. Adelaide
  9. Geelong
  10. Gold Coast
  11. West Coast
  12. North Melbourne
  13. Collingwood
  14. Greater Western Sydney
  15. Western Bulldogs
  16. Melbourne
  17. St Kilda
  18. Brisbane
Brownlow will go to Dangerfield.

Like the look of this - braver than most! My only disagreement is I believe Richmond will finish lower than 3rd.

You only like it because he has Carlton in the 8

Partly - just thought it was a lot braver than most! Most here seem to have Carlton around 12-13th position - this will not happen! Carlton are flying under the radar for once (thank goodness) and will definitely surprise most of the non-Carlton posters here on BF - they will make the eight (and not just) with a big improvement over a disappointing 2013. Time will tell...

TBH many people completely underestimating West Coast. Given a fully fit midfield to supply a powerful forward line, they won't be pushovers by any means of the word. Given their likely strong start to the year, that momentum and early belief to win will probably see them jump back into the 8!

TBH many people completely underestimating West Coast. Given a fully fit midfield to supply a powerful forward line, they won't be pushovers by any means of the word. Given their likely strong start to the year, that momentum and early belief to win will probably see them jump back into the 8!

I see Geelong slipping, having said that, the fact they have quite a few home games at Simmonds Stadium (their fortress) will allow them to likely keep in touch with the eight (let's face it - they have to slip at some point even if it's just down to around the 7-10th position). Similarly, West Coast will be looking to turn Pattersons Stadium into a fortress once again and at least win several more home games there in 2014; with a new coach that I rate highly I expect West Coast to do better than most here predict. Not completely sold on North, Richmond or Collingwood, and Hawthorn will finish 4th or 5th.

1. Fremantle
2. Sydney
3. Hawthorn
4. Geelong
5. Richmond
6. North Melbourne
7. West Coast Eagles
8. Port Adelaide
9. Collingwood
10. Adelaide
11. Gold Coast Suns
12. Essendon
13. Carlton
14. Western Bulldogs
15. Brisbane Lions
16. St Kilda
17. GWS Giants
18. Melbourne

QUALIFYING AND ELIMINATION FINALS
Fremantle DEFEAT Geelong at Paterson's
Sydney DEFEAT Hawthorn at ANZ Stadium
Richmond DEFEAT Port Adelaide at the MCG
North Melbourne DEFEATED BY West Coast Eagles at Etihad Stadium

SEMI-FINALS
Geelong DEFEAT Richmond at the MCG
Hawthorn DEFEAT West Coast Eagles at the MCG

PRELIMINARY FINALS
Fremantle DEFEAT Hawthorn at Paterson's
Sydney DEFEAT Geelong at ANZ Stadium

GRAND FINAL
Fremantle DEFEATED BY Sydney

1. Fremantle
2. Sydney
3. Hawthorn
4. Geelong
5. Richmond
6. North Melbourne
7. West Coast Eagles
8. Port Adelaide
9. Collingwood
10. Adelaide
11. Gold Coast Suns
12. Essendon
13. Carlton
14. Western Bulldogs
15. Brisbane Lions
16. St Kilda
17. GWS Giants
18. Melbourne

QUALIFYING AND ELIMINATION FINALS
Fremantle DEFEAT Geelong at Paterson's
Sydney DEFEAT Hawthorn at ANZ Stadium
Richmond DEFEAT Port Adelaide at the MCG
North Melbourne DEFEATED BY West Coast Eagles at Etihad Stadium

SEMI-FINALS
Geelong DEFEAT Richmond at the MCG
Hawthorn DEFEAT West Coast Eagles at the MCG

PRELIMINARY FINALS
Fremantle DEFEAT Hawthorn at Paterson's
Sydney DEFEAT Geelong at ANZ Stadium

GRAND FINAL
Fremantle DEFEATED BY Sydney

Considering we match up against you very well - what has changed since the 2013 EF that makes you think we're going to be separated by 8 places on the ladder. Is that wishful thinking or do you really think Richmond are just way better than Carlton - if so, why?o_O

Since AFL.com.au doesn't have the 2014 ladder predictor up yet, I decided to make my own in Excel. It's just a 10 minute job and a bit clunky.

Link is HERE [XLSX file].

Here's the final ladder I predicted using the spreadsheet:

1jQiK9N.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It seems strange, but that's what I predicted from the fixture. In time I'll either be made to look the fool or a prophet.

Not all that much time. How many games are there in a season again?

Since AFL.com.au doesn't have the 2014 ladder predictor up yet, I decided to make my own in Excel. It's just a 10 minute job and a bit clunky.

Link is HERE [XLSX file].

Here's the final ladder I predicted using the spreadsheet:

1jQiK9N.jpg

I have Port down for 5 wins

Round 7 - GWS
Round 11 - Demons
Round 12 - Saints
Round 14 - Dogs
Round 18 - Demons

Ahh ****. Forgot to account for the bye. Will fix that now.

EDIT: Fixed the file, but my shame will be forever enshrined in the screenshot.

Leave the file. Thats ok.
You can delete your screenshot.

Round 3 - Gold Coast
Round 4 - Port
Round 5 - Richmond
Round ? - Suns

to go with your GWS, Saints and Demons, then Home wins against Eagles and Crows.

9 wins. could be 11 with thrashings against Carlton and Essendon at the gabba.

if you check recent results we have a very good record at the Gabba.... what do you base your prediction on exactly?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back