Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 10 - Blues v Swans Fri May 20th 7:50pm EST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 6 7.9%
  • Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 30 39.5%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 22 28.9%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

9C0C12E5-E09B-4060-9C14-DBB260DEB657.png
4TH V 5TH

AFL 2022 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 10
CARLTON V SYDNEY
FRIDAY MAY 10TH 7:50PM EST (MARVEL)

➡️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE 2022 BIGFOOTY OFFICIAL TIPPING COMP!

C4C09479-AA41-4EFA-A0A9-D0A4F59D5D60.png
TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY’S OWN SYSTEM
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place
➡️ Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

TEAMS

BLUES

B: Le.Young, J.Weitering, L.Stocker
HB: N.Newman, L,Plowman, A.Saad
C: L.O’Brien, P.Cripps, S.Walsh
HF: J.Motlop, C.Curnow, C.Durdin
F: M.Owies, J.Silvagni, Z.Fisher
FOLL: T.De Koning, M.Kennedy, G.Hewett

I/C: A.Cerra, J.Carroll, M.Cottrell, S.Docherty
EMG: B.Kemp, P.Dow, J.Boyd, W.Setterfield

SWANS
B: P.McCartin, D.Rampe, C.O’Riordan
HB: J.Lloyd, T.McCartin, J.McInerney
C: I.Heeney, C.Warner, N.Blakey
HF: W.Hayward, L.McDonald, E.Gulden
F: T.Papley, L.Franklin, P.Ladhams
FOLL: T.Hickey, C.Mills, L.Parker

I/C: O.Florent, J.Kennedy, J.Bell, S.Wicks
EMG: B.Campbell, M.Roberts, H.McLean, D.Stephens

IN: C.O’Riordan
OUT: J.Rowbottom (suspended), R.Clarke (sub)

⬇️ Links to the Club Board tipping comps ⬇️

Sir Doug Nicholls Round
Carlton has the honour of opening the 2022 Sir Doug Nicholls Round this evening and the players will be wearing the Club’s Indigenous guernsey designed by Shanai Kellett. Kellett has a special link to Indigenous Round being the great granddaughter of Sir Doug Nicholls and she wanted the design to feature as many Indigenous stories from the Club as possible. The guernsey is a reflection of reconciliation between the Carlton Football Club and its Indigenous players.

Gift exchange

The Club’s gift comprises of a coolamon which is a multi-purpose dish used by Indigenous people to carry water, fruits, nuts and other types of bush tucker, topped with two boab nuts. The boab nuts are carved from the Kimberley region which spreads from Timber Creek in the Northern Territory to Broome in Western Australia. The boab nuts have been supplied by the Artlandish Aboriginal Art Gallery and the coolamon artist is Ricky Baldwin who is a Gunai Kurnai man from Gippsland.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Battle for Third (no offense Freo, but I don't think you score enough).

Both very exciting teams to watch, espesh the Blues. Could we call them cavalier? Like Errol and his infamous schlong, and that encounter with Lucille Ball?

The Bloods though still have their Paul Kelly You'll Have To Kill Me First culture which should get them over the line in the clinches.

Should be a cracker (is this racist?). A ripsnorter then.

I think a Swans win is on the cards.

Sydney's backline is fairly well structured with a good mix of defenders who can cover talls and smalls.

With McKay out it really means we can't be just bombing it long with only Charlie and JSOS down there.

Tom to Charlie, Pat or Rampe to JSOS.

We might struggle to kick a winning score unless the midfield can add a few goals from there.

Tend to agree with the above, Carlton off a 5 day break, no Pittonet or McKay will make it very tough for us. You have to be on to beat the Swans. Hoping we can cause an upset but not massively optimistic. Will be a good contest, with the Swans home by 15.

There's an article that went around last week that shows when Swans lose contested ball, all our other metrics are basically bottom 4 level. It's contested ball against Carlton's deep midfield, and its the dreaded game against Hewett. If Voss puts Hewett on Mills and restricts him to 15-20 touches, its basically game over - if Mills is out of the equation, Cripps, Walsh, and Cerra will easily dominate the other Swans mids.

We do play Marvel well, but even with Carlton outs, I don't see us winning tbh.

So far every Carlton fan has said Sydney and every Sydney fan has said Carlton.

Back your team!

I think Carlton will win. It will be a midfield battle and I would back ours to do what they've been doing all year.

No excuses. Forget 5 day break. Forget injuries. That's pre-Voss Carlton talk.

45K plus crowd

Back your team!

I think Carlton will win. It will be a midfield battle and I would back ours to do what they've been doing all year.

45K plus crowd
the old, expectation managing reverse psychology approach....

lol

Back your team!

45K plus crowd

The age old battle for under-dog status, means a loss is expected and a win is against the odds.

Making up for key outs can work against lesser opposition harder to make up for against well-drilled contested ball teams with genuine finishing class - which is what Sydney is.

I can see Carlton mids winning the between the arcs game
I cant see Carlton's forward line posting a big (enough) score not with only one genuine marking target in Charlie Curnow who will be double and triple teamed all night.
I can see Sydney's forward line scoring a lot 'easier'

Lots of things have to go very right for Carlton to win and Sydney aren't the type of team that allows for lots of things to go very right for 4 quarters.

I don't think Sydney are expecting an easy 4 points though - because it wont be handed to them on a plate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Voting up top is pretty close.
41 votes
22 in favour of Blues
19 in favour of Swans (I voted Swans by 7-20)
Swans the slight favourites on Sportsbet: $1.85 vs $1.95

Seems like a genuine 50/50 game. Hope that's reflected on the scoreboard, regardless of who wins.

Really looking forward to this game and honestly just hoping it lives up to the 50/50 nature of tips and isn't a massive disappointment with a massive blowout (although I could live with it if its a big Swans win)

I'm changing my tip to Blues.
Their midfield is too strong now. I also like them having a smaller forward line. And on a s**t-hole ground like that of the SCG, bodes well for teams who have fast and agile forwards.

The Swans midfield is the worry though as Carlton's mids are quite a bit better, at least at the clearances.
I think we get on top here but your backline is extremely organised. If we had Harry, I’d be confident in tipping us but without him I’m nowhere near as sure.

Also feel like Heeney could be dangerous. Plowman needs to be on red alert.

Back