Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 18 - Crows v Pies Sat July 16th 1:45pm EST (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Crows by a goal or less

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Pies by a goal or less

• Crows by 7 - 20

• Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • Crows by a lot

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol, nothing sounds more like weak bitching than complaining about free kicks in a game that was umpired evenly

Yeah, Taylor Walker holding the ball in a pack then getting a free goal for it makes a lot of sense.

Then you had a bunch of bullshit 50 metre penalties.

How clueless can you be? Genuinely.

Yeah, Taylor Walker holding the ball in a pack then getting a free goal for it makes a lot of sense.

Then you had a bunch of bullshit 50 metre penalties.

How clueless can you be? Genuinely.
Do you seriously not understand the rules? Ginnivan dived on it and had to get it out and didn't. That is a free every week of the year.

Ginnivan should receive the same umpiring every other player in the AFL receives. To umpire one person differently is corruption, Ginnivan has different rules to everyone else.
No, he's borderline cheating in staging for free kicks. The umpired know this. The moment any other player starts staging for free kicks half a dozen times a game, they should be red flagged as well.

Do you seriously not understand the rules? Ginnivan dived on it and had to get it out and didn't. That is a free every week of the year.

I think not being in possession of the ball anymore counts as getting it out ROFL.

Taylor Walker should've been pinged holding the ball as HE dived on it and HE held the ball in without ATTEMTPING to get rid of it.

No, he's borderline cheating in staging for free kicks. The umpired know this. The moment any other player starts staging for free kicks half a dozen times a game, they should be red flagged as well.

Right, so the same rule should be applied differently to different players? That's gotta be the dumbest umpiring take in the history of bf

Who deserves to be booed more Ginnivan or Tex?
I only booed the umpires in the 3rd quarter when Pies were getting a ride.

The umpiring overall was bad for both sides at time & frees ended up being about the same.

Pies class was the difference in the end.

Find it funny that Pies fans are complaining about booing. It's not like they remain silent like Suns supporters lol.

Absolute rubbish, Walker ended with SOLE POSSESSION and just held the ball under the pack himself.

Just admit you’re a biased fool and be done with it.

Except you and the commentators misunderstand the rule. Once you dive on it, it's up to you to get it out. You will see every week the ball be possessed by another player or else shared with another player than the one who dived on it. It doesn't matter, you are responsible for getting it out. This is why players will actively hold it in to get a free kick. It's also why you can tell who is the low iq players by whether they are trying to do anything about it or they just show the umpire their free hands like that has anything to do with it.

It's a crap rule but don't misrepresent it.

It's just like when David King was whinging about a 50 paid against the kangas because he thought it was for protected zone coming off the bench when it was for another less well known rule blocking a running player getting the ball back. People who don't know the rules or just listen to moron commentators need to just pipe down on the issue
How do u get it out when the ball is down near your feet being held onto by the opposition?

The ball wasn’t in his possession so how does he attempt to get it out? He was moving his legs.

How do u get it out when the ball is down near your feet being held onto by the opposition?

The ball wasn’t in his possession so how does he attempt to get it out? He was moving his legs.

It doesn't matter. If you dive on it and it's your body over it, it's your responsibility.

I don't like the rule any more than anyone else but it doesn't change the rule.

I agree it's unfair to single out Ginnivan but he brings that on himself by playing up to it so much. He could end the spotlight if he wanted. He either doesn't care or he feels its worth putting up with the stick or both and good on him.

But make no mistake this isn't a crusade against Ginnivan, it's against the intentional cheating going against the spirit of the laws that is the issue and even Collingwood fans should hate it. I get why they dont but they should. Imagine what would happen if Ginnivans antics worked. It'd change the game for the worse in a way that we'd get a headache the size of which world football has been dealing with for the past couple of decades with simulating for frees.

If Collingwood fans were smarter they'd recognise but I appreciate the short term gains of possibly winning games trumps this. If he played for any other club Pies fans would be in the chorus. For example, I detest that James Rowe of Adelaide does the same thing.
If you’re not playing by the ‘spirit of the law’ you are cheating, then most players cheat.

Whether it’s holding the ball in when tackling to win a free, diving when being touched going for a mark, or faking a handball in order to get a 50m penalty, it’s all cheating. But for some reason it isn’t an issue.

Yeah they are a statistical anomaly at the moment. But they are making the most of riding the luck.
When Geelong sent through a period of multiple close wins a few years back they were lauded by the media as a truly great team who knew how to win when the pressure was on.
Now they just say we are lucky.
Cool. I hope the competition continues to belittle our achievements. We have the ability to match the best without the fire power to obliterate sides. You get the four points and the cup if you are one point ahead of your opposition when the siren sounds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When Geelong sent through a period of multiple close wins a few years back they were lauded by the media as a truly great team who knew how to win when the pressure was on.
Cool. I hope the competition continues to belittle our achievements. We have the ability to match the best without the fire power to obliterate sides. You get the four points and the cup if you are one point ahead of your opposition when the siren sounds.

Simple as that Geelong team had more credits in the bank.

I just cannot understand why any Collingwood supporter would choose to post here there is just too many opposition flogs
I’m not expecting a lot, we aren’t good enough to put any teams away so I doubt we are good enough to cause much damage in the finals.
Mate I will tell you something the Pies are much better off winning 6 close one,s than by winning by a 100 every week that,s when you get found out and to somebody else who said he wonders how the Pies will go in the finals.Have you noticed how the Pies are getting the job done in the last qtr,s, earlier in the season the Cats over ran us in the last qtr they would not do that now that is what make a team battle hardened. I will be very happy to beat the Bombers next week by a goal or less and the team just keeping turning up being hard to beat I think there may be quite a few unhappy people in Sept not me though 2 more wins will see the Pies playing finals and then we will see the real benefit of all those tight matches-

You barely scraped a win against the worst side in the competition and were close to being beaten by bottom four sides. Keep up that form and your next five is going to be more L than W.

You barely scraped a win against the worst side in the competition and were close to being beaten by bottom four sides. Keep up that form and your next five is going to be more L than W.
But we got the Ws. We’ve done it 8 times in a row now. What the heck else do you want Collingwood to be doing?

You mean the mob who beat Richmond who were on the rebound in a must win clash?

Hawks were all over you and you fell in. Same against port. You were touted as the next big thing while we were tipped to finish bottom four. Some had ius taking out the Wooden spoon.
We beat you, Melbourne, Freo on their home patch, led Geelong by 37 points late in the third term and list to a full strength lions at the Gabba by a goal
You could not beat GC on their home ground like we did
We have been sensational to be where we are
Degoey, Adams, Quaynor and Grundy to return. We look okay 🙂

You mean the mob who beat Richmond who were on the rebound in a must win clash?

Hawks were all over you and you fell in. Same against port. You were touted as the next big thing while we were tipped to finish bottom four. Some had ius taking out the Wooden spoon.
We beat you, Melbourne, Freo on their home patch, led Geelong by 37 points late in the third term and list to a full strength lions at the Gabba by a goal
You could not beat GC on their home ground like we did
We have been sensational to be where we are
Degoey, Adams, Quaynor and Grundy to return. We look okay 🙂
I haven't checked out the ladder yet, but the Pies will be equal 3rd at worst at the end of the round, right?

Yep.

Flag is a Monty now I reckon as the Pies are an unstoppable force.

Just winners everywhere and Ginnivan is a stud. I don’t know how you guys will ever be beaten from here on in.
I don’t know how you guys will win from here on end. First game against a top 3 side and you fall apart.

North, Suns and Adelaide all played very well against us, lesser teams would have dropped those games
Or you played near their level, and better teams would've nailed them.

Your percentage is very low for a top 5 side, you will not beat any of Melb/Syd/Carl with the form you're in now. Hell, I'd say Essendon have a great chance to beat you next week.

Back