Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 23 - Lions v Demons Fri August 19th 7:50pm EST (Gabba)

Who will win and by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 6 7.7%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 23 29.5%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 25 32.1%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 9 11.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne regularly beat up on Brisbane. We are a week to week proposition. We are likely to get beaten by 5 goals in the QF.
Not after your last 3 weeks. Feels as though they’re ‘back’. Would love to see a Cats v Dees GF this year. Clearly the two best sides in the competition.

I find it *ing hilarious that you think "virtuous" is an insult
I’ve clearly hit a nerve with you. Take a breather if you’re so offended or send me a PM. Try and stay on topic, 12 hours have passed and I’m sure the mods are sick of cleaning up s**t that isn’t about the actual game.

I’ve clearly hit a nerve with you. Take a breather if you’re so offended or send me a PM. Try and stay on topic, 12 hours have passed and I’m sure the mods are sick of cleaning up s**t that isn’t about the actual game.
Yes we are, thank you.

Lions are pretenders. Didn’t need last night to show us that. Max king kicks straight a week earlier and they lose to st kilda pretty comfortabl. Yet they start faves against melb a week later, a team who humiliated them about 8 weeks earlier. 2.16 betfair the dees. Thanks for coming. Upcoming New York trip paid for ✅

So because someone cries they are automatically a “victim”. I am not saying he isn’t in this case I just wonder why we all comment so much when we don’t know what was said and in what context. We don’t know.

There Are so many virtuous people these days. (Not saying you are) who are willing to be horrible to someone because, they were horrible to some one. A bit like those who will not tolerate intolerance.
Your barrow will get heavier and the hill steeper if you expect most posting on this board to even acknowledge modern society's frequent bizarre critique and judgement of people they don't know/have never met/will never meet - which is predominately due to the evolution of social media and related online forums which promotes narcissism and encourages people to have an opinion on everything, which has also created 'group think' of popular views that is mainly virtue signaling related - this board being a classic example...

Just watch the 'OK Boomer' responses to this post from those who are simply unaware of the World pre-internet and/or those who won't admit their 'online persona, attitude and World views' are vastly different to who they are in real life...

Last edited:
Not after your last 3 weeks. Feels as though they’re ‘back’. Would love to see a Cats v Dees GF this year. Clearly the two best sides in the competition.
Pies beat Melbourne twice and have been in better form in the second half of the season. So I dispute the claim that Melbourne are "clearly" one of the two best teams in the competition.

Pies beat Melbourne twice and have been in better form in the second half of the season. So I dispute the claim that Melbourne are "clearly" one of the two best teams in the competition.
Have you actually watched any of the games? Melbourne have been inconsistent in games and have given up leads, but last night was a big reminder that when it matters our best is almost unbeatable.

On the flip side the pies have exceeded all expectations. Look like they have a great young list. But you've fallen over the line on numerous occasions, it's not going to hold up in finals. The Sydney game was the tip of the iceberg. Carlton (I think) will give you a wack tomorrow.

Have you actually watched any of the games? Melbourne have been inconsistent in games and have given up leads, but last night was a big reminder that when it matters our best is almost unbeatable.

On the flip side the pies have exceeded all expectations. Look like they have a great young list. But you've fallen over the line on numerous occasions, it's not going to hold up in finals. The Sydney game was the tip of the iceberg. Carlton (I think) will give you a wack tomorrow.

Nah the Pies are the new juggernauts now if they don't win it all sack the coach and start again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am pretty sure that the Demons are back in form & a real threat to all the remaining teams in the top 8. Moreover, if they get McDonald back by the finals, they will be even harder to beat. OK. As for Brisbane, I cannot see them coming back from this particularly if they have to play interstate & especially at the MCG where their form is terrible. Goodnight & good luck.

Good luck to you too greening

I think Brisbane has an awful defence. The ease at which we scored last night was embarrassing. They’re getting pantsed because they aren’t stopping goals and not absorbing pressure.
Correct weight, Randwick.
Defence is not the back 6, it's the back six plus wingers mids forward flankers getting onto oppo before delivery into i50. Lions are poor in this area.

We’ve played one good game in 3. We were awful against Collingwood in that we allowed you back in so easily. Carlton we pinched. I am still not convinced on us but I’ll take the big win last night.

Still incredibly wary of Collingwood.

We’ve played one good game in 3. We were awful against Collingwood in that we allowed you back in so easily. Carlton we pinched. I am still not convinced on us but I’ll take the big win last night.

Still incredibly wary of Collingwood.
Off the top of my head, you guys had 16 scores from 26 i50s to HT last night. I found it odd that the possession numbers were abit lower than normal too for the Dees and you were going at a goal every 14.5 possessions. Those are astronomical figures, and doing it against another top 4 contender.

Blues game was a solid effort and probably your least productive of the last 3 weeks but still ended up on 58 i50s, scored at over 40% which is very good and played against a side who was trying to suffocate you and ended up on almost 90 tackles. You guys got the choccies though which is what good teams do.

The Pies game should’ve been over by HT but we were super efficient and kept ourselves in it by making the most of our opportunities. As arrogant as it sounds, but any other side in the competition would’ve lost to the Dees by at least 4-5 goals that night.

You’ve always been abit if a skeptic on the inside of your own side like me, but impartially, I can tell ya, the Dees are back and they’re back at the right time of the season 👍🏼

Off the top of my head, you guys had 16 scores from 26 i50s to HT last night. I found it odd that the possession numbers were abit lower than normal too for the Dees and you were going at a goal every 14.5 possessions. Those are astronomical figures, and doing it against another top 4 contender.

Blues game was a solid effort and probably your least productive of the last 3 weeks but still ended up on 58 i50s, scored at over 40% which is very good and played against a side who was trying to suffocate you and ended up on almost 90 tackles. You guys got the choccies though which is what good teams do.

The Pies game should’ve been over by HT but we were super efficient and kept ourselves in it by making the most of our opportunities. As arrogant as it sounds, but any other side in the competition would’ve lost to the Dees by at least 4-5 goals that night.

You’ve always been abit if a skeptic on the inside of your own side like me, but impartially, I can tell ya, the Dees are back and they’re back at the right time of the season 👍🏼
I think the thing that gives me more confidence with Melbourne is that the way we played last night stacks up in finals. If we can create tough contested situations then we will be better off.

If we kicked accurately 2 weeks ago the result against Collingwood would've been similar to last night (well not as much of a blowout but a comfortable 4-5 goal win).

If we kicked accurately 2 weeks ago the result against Collingwood would've been similar to last night.
Collingwood’s 15.6 that night and your 18.7 last night are outliers, not the norm. You guys kicked like 13.11, so not like you were inaccurate.

You guys couldn’t have played too much better that night, we were just more efficient and made the most of our chances.

Back