AFL have cheekily raced in a new rule on the eve of our final

Remove this Banner Ad

Players can't fake move from the stand position anymore to try to milk a 50.

Just be wary Tiger players as we are generally guinea pigs with these new rules especially when the AFL rushes em in under the carpet.

Just be wary Tiger players as we are generally guinea pigs with these new rules especially when the AFL rushes em in under the carpet.
If someone fake moves is that then an immediate play-on or a free kick turnover?

If someone fake moves is that then an immediate play-on or a free kick turnover?
Play on I'm pretty sure.
I actually don't mind the rule change so maybe this one is good for the game.

Hopefully the whole stand rule interpretation gets changed so players can move laterally more,keeping the distance from the kicker stationary.

Play on I'm pretty sure.
Then, while I wish they hadn’t changed it just before finals and just waited until next year, it’s not a bad rule. It should have probably been in from the beginning….however typical AFL they took their own sweet time letting common sense prevail.

How does one determine whether the “fake” move was actual a legitimate option? More grey areas.
That’s the question, while it’s not a bad rule in theory and I’m ok with it…it is another rule that’s basically left to interpretation.

Also let’s be honest…this rule has applied to Richmond all year lol they’re just now getting around to applying it to the rest of the competition.

How does one determine whether the “fake” move was actual a legitimate option? More grey areas.
Yep, another crappy ambiguous rule.

What's the difference between a fake move and a real one where it is decided not to take the option?

At what point does it count as a move? How much do you have to move your hands?

They are a joke of a sporting administration. What sort of organisation changes rules part way through a season let alone on the eve of finals? Are there any interpretation changes that one team have been advised of that other teams haven't? They have form on this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a good thing.
In theory it’s a good change…though it would have been better if they’d just piss off the stand rule…however in practice, the umpires will screw up the rule interpretation, they always do.

i remember playing footy at primary school at lunch and the other team would try changing the rules once we started winning... Those kids had more integrity than the bozo's at the AFL

but it's a moot point for us specifically because the last few times we've done this it's always been play on and when Meatball did get a 50 for it, the outrage from the media was enormous

i remember playing footy at primary school at lunch and the other team would try changing the rules once we started winning... Those kids had more integrity than the bozo's at the AFL

but it's a moot point for us specifically because the last few times we've done this it's always been play on and when Meatball did get a 50 for it, the outrage from the media was enormous
Yep basically this rule has applied to us most of the season, we’ll be fine lol

In theory it’s a good change…though it would have been better if they’d just piss off the stand rule…however in practice, the umpires will screw up the rule interpretation, they always do.

It's not a good thing.

If you are your line you should be Able to do what you want within your time.

It's robbing Peter for Paul - stupid stand rule.

More so stupid to change the rules on finals eve

It's not a good thing.

If you are your line you should be Able to do what you want within your time.

It's robbing Peter for Paul - stupid stand rule.

More so stupid to change the rules on finals eve
I did say I would prefer if they’d just get rid of the stand rule. Lol

hahaha

farken campaigners, u just know theyre going to guinea pig us again. watch 5 or 6 free kick reversals are coming

how the fu*k do u distinguish a fake move from a real one as an umpire ? their eyes will light up when they see a yellow sash and they'll be looking for movement of a pinky

Last edited:
wonder how long they will keep the stupid stand rule

the game looks embarrassing

Stand rule is effed now with all these grey areas atttached to it ,just piss it off.

hahaha

farken campaigners, u just know theyre going to guinea pig us again. watch 5 or 6 free kick reversals are coming

how the fu*k do u distinguish a fake move from a real one as an umpire ? their eyes will light up when they see a yellow sash and they'll be looking for movement of a pinky

If you go to kick it and change your mind

It'll be a free kick against Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back