AFL have cheekily raced in a new rule on the eve of our final

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok, so now when a guy shapes to handball that's the same as moving off the line. The umpire will call play on.

BUT

Players crabwalk off the line all the time and the umpires have to pretend they don't see it. I've seen examples this year where guys are kicking from 1m "behind the mark" and they are 1-2m to the side of the man in the "stand" position. It's a joke.

SO

Umpires are now required to call play on when the man with the ball doesn't play on and and doesn't move off the line, but they don't call play on when he does move off the line.

NO WONDER WE CAN'T RECRUIT UMPIRES!

on second thought after my melt was over, they will prob just call play on when the player turns to the ump and asks for a 50

that will be seen as milking for a 50. oppos do this all the time to us dont they and umps have no hesitation in paying the 50 against us

How does one determine whether the “fake” move was actual a legitimate option? More grey areas.
Agreeing Jared Leto GIF by Apple TV+

Players can't fake move from the stand position anymore to try to milk a 50.

Just be wary Tiger players as we are generally guinea pigs with these new rules especially when the AFL rushes em in under the carpet.
This is great, other clubs have done it to us constantly but when we do it we never got a 50. Last one was the Prestia one we got.

So let me get this straight, a player gets a free or takes a mark.

He sees a teammate run past and shapes to give off but then sees he has an opponent hot on his hammer and changes his mind...................

are you telling me that is now play on despite not moving his feet.

Get the hell out of here, this is just because they don't want to get rid of the stand crap.

So the player on the mark has to stand and now so does the player with the ball hahahahahahahaha

So let me get this straight, a player gets a free or takes a mark.

He sees a teammate run past and shapes to give off but then sees he has an opponent hot on his hammer and changes his mind...................

are you telling me that is now play on despite not moving his feet.

Get the hell out of here, this is just because they don't want to get rid of the stand crap.

So the player on the mark has to stand and now so does the player with the ball hahahahahahahaha

yep and they will use this on us 20 times next week if anyone even looks at another player running past

though it won't really matter as they already tell us to play on after 1 second for no apparent reason anyway

yep and they will use this on us 20 times next week if anyone even looks at another player running past

though it won't really matter as they already tell us to play on after 1 second for no apparent reason anyway
This is true so it won't effect us but the other 7 finalists on the other hand.

How many rules can be changed during a season? Seems rediculous.

It was supposed to be a hard and fast rule – no moving on the mark. Now players are 'outside 5' and given ample time to do so.

The rule is an absolute joke. BUT they should change a rule for the finals / during a season, nor should they implement any without trialing it.

From an article in the Age:
"The AFL has not sent a memo to clubs this week reminding them of the situation believing it was unnecessary as clubs and players knew the rule."

On SM-A715F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

maybe ... just maybe ... & I don't want to speak out of turn here ... the solution would be ...

to abolish the ******* stand rule :drunk:
Would love for us to meet the cats in a preliminary final where we easily outnumber them 3-1 in crowd support and then just at a designated time start a chorus of STAND for 1 minute in the direction of shocking
70k tigers yelling stand would shake the G and further bring to light what an abomination of a rule it is

Ok, so now when a guy shapes to handball that's the same as moving off the line. The umpire will call play on.

BUT

Players crabwalk off the line all the time and the umpires have to pretend they don't see it. I've seen examples this year where guys are kicking from 1m "behind the mark" and they are 1-2m to the side of the man in the "stand" position. It's a joke.

SO

Umpires are now required to call play on when the man with the ball doesn't play on and and doesn't move off the line, but they don't call play on when he does move off the line.

NO WONDER WE CAN'T RECRUIT UMPIRES!
Apart from them being white maggots?

I love this part
"The AFL dislikes players trying to game the system and draw free kicks or 50-metre penalties and considers feinting to play on and draw the hefty penalty is similar to the player who dives in a marking contest or drops at the knees or lifts an arm up like Jack Ginnivan and Joel Selwood to draw a head high free kick."

Yet they let Selwood get away with it for a decade:oops:

Just shows how dumb the rules committee is. Look at the order of events for this travesty:

1. Rush in the Stand rule. Was trialed at a Geelong training and then written into code only a couple of weeks from the start of the 2021 season. Had no impact on increasing scores as it was supposed to do.

2. Adjust the rule mid-2022 to allow players to move back "Outside 5" without being penalized. Pretty much negates any effect the rule was supposed to have in allowing the attacker to not be blocked by the man on the mark.

3. Adjust again so that players no longer get rewarded when they fake a handball and the man on the mark instinctively moves.

So what we have is a rule brought in and two adjustments on the run to counteract a genuine skill in the game in manning the mark. The solution is clear - remove the farkn rule!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back