AFL have cheekily raced in a new rule on the eve of our final

Remove this Banner Ad

we need to organise on here over the summer.

here's my vision:

its rd 1 2023, all the usual s**t is going on in the buildup to the season blah blah afl is introducing another imbecilic rule etc etc

the fans, though they hate it, are just gonna cop it cos they love their team, right?

WRONG MOFOS!!

across all games of the round something that has never happened before manifests in the stands:

fans of both teams are chanting together.

every time a player is put on their mark a unified sonic force erupts from both ends, both wings and all four flanks of the ground!

"STAND RULE SUCKS!"

"STAND RULE SUCKS!"

"STAND RULE SUCKS!"

"STAND RULE SUCKS!"

"STAND RULE SUCKS!"

"STAND RULE SUCKS!"

Play on I'm pretty sure.
I actually don't mind the rule change so maybe this one is good for the game.

Hopefully the whole stand rule interpretation gets changed so players can move laterally more,keeping the distance from the kicker stationary.
I ******* hate the stand rule, should just remove the player standing the mark all together, is it just me or have teams been doing this lately where they don't stand the mark to free up that player?

I honestly haven't enjoyed the game this year due to over umpiring and rules changes, just bring back the game the way it was played a few years back and ******* leave it.

"Common sense"

Dustin Martin and Jack Riewoldt FUME at the umpire after Richmond are denied a 50m penalty and the chance to tie the game after Swans star Chad Warner BOOTED the ball into the stands at the final siren - giving Sydney a dramatic win at the SCG​

sci-fi signs GIF

How does one determine whether the “fake” move was actual a legitimate option? More grey areas.
Yep. Just more interpretation for the umpires. AFL have gone and made a clear unambiguous rule into another farce.

I do acknowledge that with all the BS “outside five” that’s been going on, it’s already become a farce anyway.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Players can't fake move from the stand position anymore to try to milk a 50.

Just be wary Tiger players as we are generally guinea pigs with these new rules especially when the AFL rushes em in under the carpet.
Stand rule is ******* garbage and should * off.

we need to organise on here over the summer.

here's my vision:

its rd 1 2023, all the usual s**t is going on in the buildup to the season blah blah afl is introducing another imbecilic rule etc etc

the fans, though they hate it, are just gonna cop it cos they love their team, right?

WRONG MOFOS!!

across all games of the round something that has never happened before manifests in the stands:

fans of both teams are chanting together.

every time a player is put on their mark a unified sonic force erupts from both ends, both wings and all four flanks of the ground!

"STAND RULE SUCKS!"

"STAND RULE SUCKS!"

"STAND RULE SUCKS!"

"STAND RULE SUCKS!"

"STAND RULE SUCKS!"

"STAND RULE SUCKS!"
It's the Revolution baby !

Fans begrudge rule changes, yet it is those rule changes – introduced by Steve Hocking and his team at the AFL – which are the single most important reason why footy is so appealing.

Coaches closed the game. Hocking opened it.

He deserves widespread praise, although the kick-in rule, which allows players to run 30m with the ball and kick it to the wing, is a work in progress.

The 6-6-6 rule gives forwards space to act, and mostly in a 1v1 contest. For years they constantly competed in the air against two and three opponents. In this regard, Tex Walker couldn’t compete. But the faster, cleaner ball movement has allowed Tex to use his smarts and be dangerous. It’s not a coincidence.

The stand rule is a major success.

Fans begrudge rule changes, yet it is those rule changes – introduced by Steve Hocking and his team at the AFL – which are the single most important reason why footy is so appealing.

He deserves widespread praise, although the kick-in rule, which allows players to run 30m with the ball and kick it to the wing, is a work in progress.

The 6-6-6 rule gives forwards space to act, and mostly in a 1v1 contest. For years they constantly competed in the air against two and three opponents. In this regard, Tex Walker couldn’t compete. But the faster, cleaner ball movement has allowed Tex to use his smarts and be dangerous. It’s not a coincidence.

Those rules stopped our defensive game style but Dimma has adapted his team and now we have a handle on the new rules.

Defense still wins matches imo ,we just need to up our defensive game which to be honest has been solid late in the season.

What self-serving garbage, that parodies itself halfway through admitting Richmond pioneered the new game style before any rule changes.

6-6-6 provides 1 minute of 1v1 footy after a goal, so creates a couple of extra goals per game and leads to longer runs of goals to one team and larger blow-outs. It’s led to an increase in the importance of the few players in the midfield.

The Stand Rule has already been gutted by the teams that play “outside 5” tactics, and has now been turned into a farce by the latest change. But I guess it has led to more 50m penalties and therefore more goals.

Despite what the article says, the greater kick-in distance has led to a reduction of teams “locking the ball in”, the only rule change to have actually changed things for the better.

The article then mentions the “dragging the ball in” rule, which has been around now for about 20 years!

Like all waves in football tactics, we have a new method of attack, then there’s new defensive tactics to stop it until a new team (Richmond) decides a new strategy that other clubs emulate a few years later. I’d like to see any research that proves the rule changes have made any material difference at all.

Dustin Martin and Jack Riewoldt FUME at the umpire after Richmond are denied a 50m penalty and the chance to tie the game after Swans star Chad Warner BOOTED the ball into the stands at the final siren - giving Sydney a dramatic win at the SCG​

Ah the common sense rule that made no sense at all.

Common sense rule is, if you can screw Richmond then its common sense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back