Review AFL R7 - vs Sydney @ The SCG - Saturday July 18th 4:35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi guys, as a swans supporter I come in peace. I have to say that I have LOVED watching the Suns play this year as you guys are playing attacking footy with flair. This weekend you should do us pretty easily as we are pretty much running out of players now, but I hope that's not the case.
I hope you guys have a down week this week but then resume your great season afterwards.
Enjoy!

Hi guys, as a swans supporter I come in peace. I have to say that I have LOVED watching the Suns play this year as you guys are playing attacking footy with flair. This weekend you should do us pretty easily as we are pretty much running out of players now, but I hope that's not the case.
I hope you guys have a down week this week but then resume your great season afterwards.
Enjoy!
That's fair enough mate.

I watched a lot of Sydney growing up so I really like to see you guys play well (In addition to being a big fan of the whole tough, gritty and defence playstyle you guys are known for)

Unfortunate to see all the injuries (Something every Suns member can sympathise with) but hope you get through our game unscathed and do okay for the rest of the year.

GOLD COAST may be tempted to select midfielder Anthony Miles, who’s had an injury-interrupted season so far and got through Friday’s practice match against the Dockers unscathed.

Not sure how probable this is... isn't he on the GC? They'd have to fly him in..

SUNS coach Stuart Dew believes struggling defender Pearce Hanley has turned a corner with his form and will keep the faith the Irishman.
Dew has confirmed Hanley will be keep his spot in Gold Coast’s top 22 for their Round 7 clash against Sydney at the SCG on Saturday.

“We back Pearce,” Dew said.
“He is a very good player for us. By his own admission he has had a couple of down weeks. “There were a couple of signs last week that he had turned a corner
“We also have to make sure we get the ball in his hands a bit more to.

“Also, at different times we look to Pearce to kickstart our ball movement."

Wouldn't mind seeing Wright or Corbett come in for Day

He's been average since round 2.

Was thinking that today too. Wouldn’t mind seeing Wright in for Day.
Need a chop out ruck, that’s why I favour Wright.
Day has been pretty poor the last two rounds in particular.

My thought too. When Witts was out for 10 minutes against Melbourne Gawn absolutely monstered Day - Wright at least can hold his own. We need someone who can consistently kick a few goals a game too which Day hasn't shown yet.

Would be fine with no changes, but wouldnt mind seeing Corbett, Wright, Flanders or Sharp.

P.S how good was Greenwood on our instagram story!!!! Love that type of content.

id like to see corbett replace sexton. sexton hasn't been too dangerous lately and Corbett as a leading forward might be more potent.

Not good for my fantasy sides but i would like to see Holman tag Jake Lloyd like he did last year. Kept him pretty low

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay
So Fiorini actually shaved Dew's cat
Nice to know he was to blame for that shocking loss last weekend and Powell is the answer
Always nice to learn new things
Team balance, he isnt a strong inside mid, he isnt fast on the outside, he isnt a great ball user. Yes he can rack it up but he isnt overly damaging with them. Powell can run faster and longer. Id said dew rates pace and skills a bit higher then accumulators. That being said Wil does need to work on his consistency and staying in games for longer

Team balance, he isnt a strong inside mid, he isnt fast on the outside, he isnt a great ball user. Yes he can rack it up but he isnt overly damaging with them. Powell can run faster and longer. Id said dew rates pace and skills a bit higher then accumulators. That being said Wil does need to work on his consistency and staying in games for longer
Powell has zero impact on games
Now Fiorini is made the scapegoat for a woeful loss
Apparently Pearce is "turning a corner" and "showing glimpses"
Brayden would kill for a percentage of that leeway
My least favourite thing in sport is playing favourites

Okay
So Fiorini actually shaved Dew's cat
Nice to know he was to blame for that shocking loss last weekend and Powell is the answer
Always nice to learn new things

There was a lot of discussion post game Sandy about how slow Fiorini looked on the wing.
Powell fit again addresses it.
We lose this week and I’m sure the axe is swung hard and this 22 which He clearly sees as our best 22 knows it.
After all this is a MINI GF.

Mr bods, do you see why I was in no rush for a contract who had the potential to be our best midfielder, or out of the 22 by seasons end?

On SM-G960W using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yes I see your point. My whole thing about Fiorini and Collins signing up in the off season was that I wanted us to have one year for once when the VFL Hate Media didn’t spend the year speculating on whether one of our players was going to wet his bed or not.

I do understand your point though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back