Preview AFL Round 5 - Collingwood v Essendon - Changes and Prematch Discussion - Team # 236

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: AFL Round 5 - Collingwood v Essendon - Changes and Prematch Discussion

Like the Ins and Outs

Glad the forward line will be quicker, that will be a huge help

Out of Clarke, Toovey, Blair and Ugle, surely Ugle will be sub

Just because they are the bench players doesn't mean they are the sub candidates.

Sinclair was the sub against carlton, yet he was originally named HFF.

I see Ugle being the Sub, but i find it kind of weird cause he has the fresh legs, why not give him a full game and play someone like sinclair as the sub?

Re: AFL Round 5 - Collingwood v Essendon - Changes and Prematch Discussion

It's tough to measure with all the players who will be missing from both sides, once again we'll have to wait and see the final teams.

We are missing probably our two best wet weather footballers in Dale Thomas and Luke Ball, so from that point of view I'd prefer if it wasn't wet.

But on the other hand I think we are still a better contested ball winning team then the Bombers, even with each teams respective outs, so we should still be better in the wet then them.

Here's the current forecast, doesn't seem so bad anyway;

:)

Cheers Matty.

From an outsiders view, and the more I look at the match-ups I reckon the conditions will be more suited to the pies.
Jolly for one would prefer a real tight stoppage game , not as much spread.
Anyhow I think your midfield will be to classy in the end.
Pies will win this.

Collingwood INS: Fasalo, Seedsman, Ugle, Keefe, Nathan Brown, Goldsack, Buckley, Clark, Sinclair
Collingwood OUTS: Dick, Tarrant, Didak, Leigh Brown, Reid, Thomas, Shaw, Ball, Davis

Key notes:
Collingwood almost 50% of a different team

Thanks for posting this. It highlights simply why we aren't performing as well. You just can't compare the ins with the outs. Its massive. Unfortunately three of those outs are important players we wont see again, in Balls case this season, in Brown and Davis's ever. We will begin to improve when we get a semblance of our best side on the park.

Is anyone else concerned about the lack of a third tall forward?? What happens if jolly is off, dawes is rucking and cloke receives the footy on the wing?? Goldsack to push forward??? I know its gonna be wet but u still gotta provide an option that will compete and bring the ball to ground if u are unable to mark...

Is anyone else concerned about the lack of a third tall forward?? What happens if jolly is off, dawes is rucking and cloke receives the footy on the wing?? Goldsack to push forward??? I know its gonna be wet but u still gotta provide an option that will compete and bring the ball to ground if u are unable to mark...

I think they will use Fasolo and Sidebottom as waiting in the Forward 50 if they go that way.

But I think Bucks wants to use Speed in the Forward 50 with Ugle coming in

If Jolly or Dawes are not resting forward, Goldsack is the man for me, I agree. He is 193cm, has pace and defensive forward pressure. That's the stop-gap when Dawes and Jolly are off the groud. We have Brown and Keeffe in defense.

I reckon that Goldsack might be the man to relieve in defense and attack.

There is only one BROWN at Collingwood now. Why does everyone keep calling him Nathan Brown. Browny or Brown is fine. We know who you mean!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back