Preview AFL Round 5 - Collingwood v Essendon - Changes and Prematch Discussion - Team # 236

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: AFL Round 5 - Collingwood v Essendon - Changes and Prematch Discussion

Interesting to see what selections are made with the four day turnaround(ridiculous, we should have had the bye in round 4), but anyway l think we'll have a few changes . I also heard at todays game that Shaw will play Wednesday.

Ins: Shaw, Ceglar/Wood, Didak (Sub)
Out: Sinclair, Paine, Young

Harry. Are you serious :confused:

I swear you put the same IN'S every week.

I though Harry was not that Great this Arvo. Looks like I am the Only one who Thinks That same one's in because I think they should play AFL

What match did you watch TradeDraft? Harry would be close to BOG today.

I though Harry was not that Great this Arvo. Looks like I am the Only one who Thinks That same one's in because I think they should play AFL

Well you must have been perving at the girls in the crowd because he was clearly one of our bests today.

Ceglar isn't ready to play AFL. Wouldn't mind seeing Ugle.

What match did you watch TradeDraft? Harry would be close to BOG today.

Well I must of seen something different in Harry then most other People.

Yep, if Jolly doesn't play, WE CAN'T WIN.

Anyone saying that he'll take too long to recover after this match is talking crap, we have a 9 day break after ANZAC day, that's plenty of time for the big fella to recover.

We have to roll the dice against Essendon, anyone who is fit and is in our best 22 plays, so Didak, Jolly, Johnson etc all play.

Pretty easy selection for me;

In: Didak, Ceglar, Rounds (if fit, if not play Ugle)
Out: Buckley, Young, Paine

Play Ceglar as the 3rd tall forward and the second ruck, he could not do any worse in the ruck then Dawes or Wood have done lately, and it also allows Dawes to concentrate on being what he is, a forward.

Rounds needs to come in, we need his hard edge IMO, and Didak just has to play.

Buckley should never be sighted again in the seniors hopefully, Young needs more time, as does Paine.

Yer, I was the one who said jols might not pull up.
My ONLY reason for saying that is, as I stated, Cam Mooney said quite honestly on AFL 360 that at around his age he would have made himself get up for ANZAC day, but would have struggled for up to a month afterwards. Regardless of the 9 day break.

But, Jolly is younger than Mooney, so you are probably right. However, if he plays terrible and looks tired during the game it will be interesting to note who will criticize him.

Why don't we play Coalan Mooney?!?! Would love to see that!!

I'm pretty sure Jolly and Wood will share ruck duties this week

Harry. Are you serious :confused:

I swear you put the same IN'S every week.

Yeah Harry O played really well today. Haha I'm pretty sure TD does and I agree mostly except for Ceglar, would love to see him play but I also don't think that he is ready.

Yer dont think ceglar is ready either. Def need to drop Young and Buckley, who to bring in is the question. My ins would be Didak, Brown and Marley Williams.

Im not to sure who Essendon have to come in as a KPF is Hurley misses.

They would surely end up playing Ryder as their main target, and Keeffe is basically the perfect match-up for Ryder. N.Brown doesn't really have a match-up, so give him another week in the VFL.

Crameri is tearing teams apart.....Tarrant would be the PERFECT match-up for him, not sure if Tooves or Goldie have the strength to go with him.

Jolly would match-up ok against Bellchambers, but would still prefer to bring Ceglar in....yep even though I didn't think he would be ready in the pre-season, we really need a bloke who can compete in the HOs. Ceglar jumps and has a dip, and this allows Dawes to play as the KPF. Paine again makes way, unfortunate for him as he aint done anything wrong.

Love to see Didak in as the sub, if all things go according to plan a fit Didak coming on late in the 3rd would be a massive lift to the players and also the fans!!

Ugle deserves a game....give Sinclair a rest, I dont think he is a bad as the majority on here think he is though.

Time to give Seedsman a full game too, if he cant run it out perfect option to be subbed off for Didak.

IN - Ceglar, Didak, Ugle
OUT - Paine, Young, Sinclair

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Suspended? haha, Harry was on the receiving end of anything that could be looked at, and it wasn't even that bad.

He was clearly in the best couple of players. Turned it over to Schulz and dropped an easy mark in the 2nd half, can't think of anything else he did wrong.

He was able to provide good run and rebound from the 50, that's what he can provide when we have a star like Keeffe playing so well.

Paine again makes way, unfortunate for him as he aint done anything wrong.

Agree with this that Paine has not had a Big Impact but also done nothing Wrong. Though is Good Depth IF/When he is in the VFL

Clutching at straws there Dave. Absolutely nothing for Heriter to worry about in that incident. Shoulder on shoulder contact, and Grey staged for the free.

yeah I made myself look Silly there as I had him going out into the VFL and when he was Named one of the BOG's.

I got that Very Wrong Then:(

Hey guys, shaping up to be a good contest on Wednesday, my first ANZAC Day so I'm pretty pumped!

Hird said in a conference after the match we could have to following guys to come in, make of it what you will:

- Dempsey, hard running agile midfielder/halfback
- Colyer, super quick, clever midfielder/forward/substitute
- Carlisle, tall, huge leap, great mark, can play HB or HF (Hurley replacement?)
- Reimers, forward pocket
- Baguley, haven't seen any of the kid but seems to be a speedy sort

Best of luck! :thumbsu:

Im not to sure who Essendon have to come in as a KPF is Hurley misses.

They would surely end up playing Ryder as their main target, and Keeffe is basically the perfect match-up for Ryder. N.Brown doesn't really have a match-up, so give him another week in the VFL.

Brown to Crameri
Keefe to Ryder/Bellchambers
Harry to Davey
Toovey to Jetta

That'll be the way they do it.

Seriously calling for Harry to be dropped is insane played well today one if our best down there and besides we are stretched as it is down in the back half with injuries who would you bring in for him. You can't just bring kids especially on such a big occasion and expect them to perform their best. Jolly won't be rested if they thought he won't recover they would of not played him today simple wood has had his chance still might come in for that extra support
Ceglar is raw but a tough ask on debut of selected might get the nod
Paine is learning quickly and adds some forward pressure and everyone saying Sinclair is alright give me a break the kid can get the ball has no problems with that but in today's afl if you can't dispose effectively it's no good then is it just is so opt under pressure
Couldn't believe in that 1st quarter when he marked it and then tried to kick it to another player and the kick was so bad it dribbled like 5 meters

Also saying that didak won't play because he played a full game in the vfl he needs the match fitness so why wouldn't they give him as much game time as possible

Ins didak as (sub) n. Brown. Paine for maybe wood or ceglar and Sinclair

Seedsman deserves a full game shows alot of promise

Don't know the situation with heater or daisy so I'm presuming there out

Brown to Crameri
Keefe to Ryder/Bellchambers
Harry to Davey
Toovey to Jetta

That'll be the way they do it.

Shudder.

Crameri is basically the most inform forward in the league at the moment, yeah felt weird typing that. He could have kicked 6-7 today, and has kicked 12 for the season...more than Cloke and Buddy!!

Brown doesn't have the tank, speed or agility to go with Crameri...especially in his first game back.

Crameri is the main bloke Im worried about, nullify him and then I reckon the Pies are a HUGE chance to win be 3-2 and basically get the season back on track with a couple of softer games in the following few weeks.

JOLLY MUST PLAY. So what if he can't recover for the next week, Bulldogs have shite rucks anyway. Even Brisbane the week after are relying on Ben Hudson atm.

Essendon's great asset is their speed. After a 4-day turnaround, hopefully they will tire more quickly and that could work in our favour. I remember in 2007, when ANZAC Day was a Wednesday, they came out and ran rings around us, skipped to an early lead, but we reined them in and wore them down for a good win.:D

Looking at their 4 games so far:
-H Mac could have and should have kicked that goal but Essendon deserved to win anyway
-Did not play well against Port but fought hard in the last qtr to win
-Very shaky against Gold Coast but again did what they had to do to win
-Bloody good at the G today.
4-0 is an imposing record still.

Should be a good contest. If we can get off to a good start, that would go a long way to winning.

JOLLY MUST PLAY. So what if he can't recover for the next week, Bulldogs have shite rucks anyway. Even Brisbane the week after are relying on Ben Hudson atm.

Essendon's great asset is their speed. After a 4-day turnaround, hopefully they will tire more quickly and that could work in our favour. I remember in 2007, when ANZAC Day was a Wednesday, they came out and ran rings around us, skipped to an early lead, but we reined them in and wore them down for a good win.:D

Looking at their 4 games so far:
-H Mac could have and should have kicked that goal but Essendon deserved to win anyway
-Did not play well against Port but fought hard in the last qtr to win
-Very shaky against Gold Coast but again did what they had to do to win
-Bloody good at the G today.
4-0 is an imposing record still.

Should be a good contest. If we can get off to a good start, that would go a long way to winning.

I was surprised by how well the Don's played today. Should be a cracking contest on Anzac Day

Re: Changes for ANZAC Day

I have heard that shaw may play on Wednesday. Not sure about Thomas.

Anyone heard similar?

Re: Changes for ANZAC Day

No real match up for Crameri this week. I'd play Harry on him as he has the speed and strength to go with him. Looks the most dangerous forward in the comp at the moment.

Calls for Ceglar to debut on Anzac Day are absurd. I wouldn't put it past Mick if he were still coaching as he had tremendous faith in debuting kids in the big games. Bucks, well, I'm not so sure he'd take a risk like that.

Ryder does worry me though as he will jump all over Jolly as the centre bounces and will be too strong for Wood around the ground.

First year I have missed out on tickets so genuinely shattered to be watching from the comfort of the lounge room and not the rock hard seats of the G'. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back