Preview AFL Round 5 - Collingwood v Essendon - Changes and Prematch Discussion - Team # 236

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: AFL Round 5 - Collingwood v Essendon - Changes and Prematch Discussion

B: Toovey - Keeffe - Maxwell
HB: Clarke - O'Brien - Johnson
C: Wellingham - Beams - Goldsack
HF: Blair - Paine - Swan
F: Didak - Cloke - Fasolo
FL: Jolly - Pendlebury - Sidebottom
INT: Seedsman - Young - Dawes
Sub: Sinclair​

IN: Didak
OUT: Buckley

Re: Changes for ANZAC Day

Dawes should be dropped but he wont because of the injuries he has been extremely poor so far this season

He played good yesterday he shouldn't be dropped and who would replace him? If we do it would open up our forward line to Essendon

I have heard that shaw may play on Wednesday. Not sure about Thomas.

Anyone heard similar?

Yep, heard that rumour last night, I guess we will have to wait until our likely one training session on Tuesday to get a better idea.

Thomas is no chance, he may even miss the Dogs game if rumours/sources are to be believed.

ANZAC Day medalist tips anyone?

Sidebottom or Beams for me, they have stepped up their game big time so far this year.:thumbsu:

Yep, heard that rumour last night, I guess we will have to wait until our likely one training session on Tuesday to get a better idea.

Thomas is no chance, he may even miss the Dogs game if rumours/sources are to be believed.

Sidebottom or Beams for me, they have stepped up their game big time so far this year.:thumbsu:

Tues night

Always thought maybe Shaw and/or Thomas were rested , you never know . Is Hurley out for sure or what , saw him running on the sideline , didn't look too bad.

I have a spare ticket to the ANZAC game for sale at face value (about $40 from memory). I think it is in the Ponsford stand but I might be wrong. My folks bought 3 but a friend has pulled out and are in Melbourne for the game this week. PM me if interested.

This is shaping to be one of the more even ANZAC games in recent times. Good to see u guy recovered after a pretty horror week. Recovery is the key for this game, I think after our win we will be favourites but it's anyone's game.

Good luck for Wednesday

Shudder.

Crameri is basically the most inform forward in the league at the moment, yeah felt weird typing that. He could have kicked 6-7 today, and has kicked 12 for the season...more than Cloke and Buddy!!

Brown doesn't have the tank, speed or agility to go with Crameri...especially in his first game back.

Crameri is the main bloke Im worried about, nullify him and then I reckon the Pies are a HUGE chance to win be 3-2 and basically get the season back on track with a couple of softer games in the following few weeks.

First of all, Brown does have all of those. In fact, he is in the top tier at our club in all of those categories.

What he probably doesn't have is the match conditioning but if he comes in, he is more than capable of going to Crameri. In fact, he looms as the perfect match up as Crameri plays very tall and has a massive frame.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First of all, Brown does have all of those. In fact, he is in the top tier at our club in all of those categories.

What he probably doesn't have is the match conditioning but if he comes in, he is more than capable of going to Crameri. In fact, he looms as the perfect match up as Crameri plays very tall and has a massive frame.

Spot on. If he wasn't on the comeback trail he'd definitely get the job especially with Tarrant out....

Pendles for the third year straight:thumbsu:

Three reasons we can beat Essendon:

1. They have some bad injuries
2. They had a tougher game than the Pies this week
3. The pressure will be on them to maintain their winning streak

I would not be surprised it we pull off a win

Three reasons we can beat Essendon:

1. They have some bad injuries
2. They had a tougher game than the Pies this week
3. The pressure will be on them to maintain their winning streak

I would not be surprised it we pull off a win

I personally wouldnt put a lot of stock into that. Their confidence would be sky high after the result against the "premiership favorite" Blues.

However, i think the bombers have been quite patchy in the games theyve played. The north game was tight but they deserved to get up, had a similar game with Port than the one we just had and were really pressured by GC. The game against the blues was a terrific performance, aside from that, it hasnt been all that easy (admittedly theyve lost players to injury in each game prior)

Bucks hasnt been afraid to show faith in the youth (be it due to necessity or not), which makes Ceglar a more realistic chance of playing than i wouldve thought. I certainly dont think he'd offer less than Paine around the ground and should be able to give us more in the ruck than Dawes. Youd think that we'd go in with 2 ruckman regardless, which (like it or not) brings wood into the mix

I think with thomas out, we are lacking a little flair and x factor. Enter Didak. He played the full game in the VFL but he's ready, if only for half a game as the sub.

Sure it might be premature, but i'd bring brown back and give him the 9 days between his first and second games.

Ins: Didak, Brown, Ceglar/Wood
Outs: Sinclair, Young/Bucks, Paine

Can I ask about the calls for Paine to be dropped? He's kicked a couple of nice goals in these few games I reckon keep him in

Can I ask about the calls for Paine to be dropped? He's kicked a couple of nice goals in these few games I reckon keep him in

from my point of view, its more a needs based change. We'll need another ruckman to go with Ryder and Bellchambers, and i think keeping paine, with Cloke & Dawes + Jolly & Wood? might make us a little tall

Ive loved his efforts thus far this season, plenty to like

from my point of view, its more a needs based change. We'll need another ruckman to go with Ryder and Bellchambers, and i think keeping paine, with Cloke & Dawes + Jolly & Wood? might make us a little tall

Ive loved his efforts thus far this season, plenty to like

Agree Paine is out just because we need a 3rd Tall who is also a Ruckman

Looking forward to this as i do every year but its our home game this season so I will be there.
In: Didak, Brown
Out: Paine, Buckley
If the Rumour about Shaw is true then either Seedsman or Sinclair as well but that will be tough as i thought they were both pretty good on saturday.

This is shaping to be one of the more even ANZAC games in recent times. Good to see u guy recovered after a pretty horror week. Recovery is the key for this game, I think after our win we will be favourites but it's anyone's game.

Good luck for Wednesday

Oh and thanks for pantsing the Blues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back