Albanese - how long?

Remove this Banner Ad

Was odd, wasn't it.

Almost certainly home anyway but the door is still slightly ajar for an upset.
The door is wide open.
I dont know you, but if a friend told me Morrison is the best leader of the past 3-4 years , I'd ask him if his measure of leadership includes peddling dishonesty and irresponsibility when it suits.

Being perceived as strong only takes a bully. To be able to know what one is talking about if they are peddling a destructive measure without getting caught out is very superficial.

He is an actor.
I didn't say he is the best leader of the last 3-4 years I said he is better than the last two Labor leaders. Surely Labor had something better than Shorten and Albanese.

the 90 recession was global, and youre saying it was caused by keatings policies. how?
I was quoting a journalist. You asked for a link, like you always do. I gave you one

I was quoting a journalist. You asked for a link, like you always do. I gave you one

So you agree with this journo, that Keating caused the global recession?

Can you explain how economic policies in Australia brought down the USA, japan, and western Europe?

Or are you just full of s**t?

Noted again the lack of rw representation in the election thread

:)
They're busy; they've answered the LNP call for all hands on deck at the paper shredding machines

document-shred-cartoon-businesswoman-shreds-paper-documents-guilty-look-her-face-41885563.jpg

in relation to employment, yeah they still kind of are.

a migrant worker is only going to come here if they believe they can come here and return simply without issue.

chinese migration has basically stopped because of this. SE Asia is only starting to allow restricted travel just recently (malaysia and singapore this month, indonesia still gearing up). India ive lost track of TBH (its all over the shop)

the backpacker conga line will also take time to return - australian lockdowns got lots of press in the UK and it increased concerns about what happens when you come here (remember they need to earn to eat)

Yeah, good, our borders are still open though, that's what he said, he didn't reel off the current status of every other country on earths borders.

Borders are open for fully vaccinated or to those that have medical exemption so technically he isn't wrong.

Therefore open with conditions.

If the reporters had been listening to him going through the NDIS policy they would have heard him go through the policy covering each point instead of the 'gotcha' questions.

Oh I am not a fan of his but the journalists are just so bad at this. Might be fun for posters like you to seize on but for me it is a nothing burger.

While that may be true, it's the sum of the parts. Individually all his little slip ups are insignificant, with no bearing on anything one way or the other, but to me it just shows he's struggling with the pressure.

My wife and myself will be voting for Labor tomorrow, but it's got me wondering who's going to be feeding him his instructions if the ALP should win. He just needs to shut up, every time he has another gaffe and then freezes it makes us question our decision.

So you agree with this journo, that Keating caused the global recession?

Can you explain how economic policies in Australia brought down the USA, japan, and western Europe?

Or are you just full of s**t?
He didn’t cause it. I never said he caused it. You’re the only one who keeps saying that..

Get off your high horse Ned. Or don’t you have a link for that?

Keating by his own admission did nothing to thwart the recession and happily declared it was the recession we needed to have. As you will be very well aware governments can introduce measures to stimulate the economy if they are so inclined.

Yeah, good, our borders are still open though, that's what he said, he didn't reel off the current status of every other country on earths borders.

the discussion (from what i understood) is about the influx of foreign workers. this is not happening.

JFYI we only had our first person apply on a visa this week (and they are still a WIP)

just because we say "border open" doesnt mean people are coming in, or that the other things you need to migrate and work here are open and available (a lot of foreign workers cannot come here still because they dont have our accepted vaccines for example (big issue re: india)

He didn’t cause it. I never said he caused it. You’re the only one who keeps saying that..

Get off your high horse Ned. Or don’t you have a link for that?

Keating by his own admission did nothing to thwart the recession and happily declared it was the recession we needed to have. As you will be very well aware governments can introduce measures to stimulate the economy if they are so inclined.

okay, your words now. How could Keating have thwarted the global recession?

heres the tip, he couldnt. Its like telling someone to stop a wave. you dont, you just try to get through it with as minimal impact as possible. the problem for australia was we had a lot of structural issues re: work and employment back then (a lot of inefficient industries being propped up with tariff protections and poor work practices). Propping these up during the recession would have extended these issues into the 90's. allowing them to die allowed workers and capital to move to more viable and profitable sectors.

but again, tell us how you think keating could have stopped the global recession?

While that may be true, it's the sum of the parts. Individually all his little slip ups are insignificant, with no bearing on anything one way or the other, but to me it just shows he's struggling with the pressure.

My wife and myself will be voting for Labor tomorrow, but it's got me wondering who's going to be feeding him his instructions if the ALP should win. He just needs to shut up, every time he has another gaffe and then freezes it makes us question our decision.
I was listening to his delivery of the NDIS speech as it affects people I now so was more interest in the content rather the number sequence. Our journalists are a disgrace, more like a murder of crows feeding of a dead carcass. (Which may or may not happen tomorrow). To me they became the news and not the gaffe.

I don't think it goes to gaffes and freezing. He is a poor speaker but measuring him up against Morrison who is a true marketeer and sprouts words without saying anything of value is nonsense.

Did you forget Abbott and the Ch7 interviewer where Abbott froze for about 30 seconds? I laughed so much (still do) but it didn't linger.

The door is wide open.

I didn't say he is the best leader of the last 3-4 years I said he is better than the last two Labor leaders. Surely Labor had something better than Shorten and Albanese.
On what metric do you rate leadership?

Albanese was on the ground personally helping evacuate people during the floods. He also volunteered with the SES and fire brigades during the 2020 bushfires and dipped his hand in his own pocket to help buy them supplies.

Scomo waited 9 days to declare a state of emergency during the floods and then did a tour via police protection, refusing to speak with the affected persons. He also went to Hawaai during the bushfires, and then turned up after the damage had been done to force handshakes on people.

People are still waiting for disaster relief money.

What is leadership, who was in government and who could have performed better?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was listening to his delivery of the NDIS speech as it affects people I now so was more interest in the content rather the number sequence. Our journalists are a disgrace, more like a murder of crows feeding of a dead carcass. (Which may or may not happen tomorrow). To me they became the news and not the gaffe.

I don't think it goes to gaffes and freezing. He is a poor speaker but measuring him up against Morrison who is a true marketeer and sprouts words without saying anything of value is nonsense.

Did you forget Abbott and the Ch7 interviewer where Abbott froze for about 30 seconds? I laughed so much (still do) but it didn't linger.

Yes, I remember the Abbott one, the question was about belting an ex gf at uni or something wasn't it?

The media are a disgrace but he's got to be more agile, he's been in parliament for 26 years, he should be better at it by now, particularly with some of the positions he's held, notably a short stint as the Deputy Prime Minister.

Yes, I remember the Abbott one, the question was about belting an ex gf at uni or something wasn't it?

The media are a disgrace but he's got to be more agile, he's been in parliament for 26 years, he should be better at it by now, particularly with some of the positions he's held, notably a short stint as the Deputy Prime Minister.
I agree and certainly hope he improves as it will be an embarrassment not only here but on the world stage.

Perhaps will be better on single issues and not speaking on all policy matters.

It was shrugging off the death of someone in the ADF in Afghanistan as simply "s**t happens".

On what metric do you rate leadership?

Albanese was on the ground personally helping evacuate people during the floods. He also volunteered with the SES and fire brigades during the 2020 bushfires and dipped his hand in his own pocket to help buy them supplies.

Scomo waited 9 days to declare a state of emergency during the floods and then did a tour via police protection, refusing to speak with the affected persons. He also went to Hawaai during the bushfires, and then turned up after the damage had been done to force handshakes on people.

People are still waiting for disaster relief money.

What is leadership, who was in government and who could have performed better?
I saw no problem with the bushfires time, he came home when it escalated. I think he was away for 5 days. The floods issue he probably could have declared earlier, he was in isolation because of Covid. Federal Govt aren't first responders in these events in any case. he has been very unpopular with Labor supporters and the media because he won the un winnable election and has been hammered for three years. Has stuck to doing his job and I think he has done ok. Most on this forum would strongly disagree, tomorrow we will find out what the people of Australia think.

I saw no problem with the bushfires time, he came home when it escalated. I think he was away for 5 days. The floods issue he probably could have declared earlier, he was in isolation because of Covid. Federal Govt aren't first responders in these events in any case. he has been very unpopular with Labor supporters and the media because he won the un winnable election and has been hammered for three years. Has stuck to doing his job and I think he has done ok. Most on this forum would strongly disagree, tomorrow we will find out what the people of Australia think.

He has been unpopular with non LNP people since the start of his parliamentary career.
He is a f'n grub and has always been a f'n grub.
How many people saying he is a f'n grub will it take for LNP supporters to accept that he is a f'n grub?
Keeping in mind that so far most of the people saying he is, & has always been, a f'n grub are LNP people.

Given that Albanese's been in parliament for 26 years, it's pretty telling that the best the LNP dirt farmers could come up with was a couple of essay's he wrote as a uni student. Compare that to everything that surrounds Morrison and it's pretty clear who should be leading the country.

He has been unpopular with non LNP people since the start of his parliamentary career.
He is a f'n grub and has always been a f'n grub.
How many people saying he is a f'n grub will it take for LNP supporters to accept that he is a f'n grub?
Keeping in mind that so far most of the people saying he is, & has always been, a f'n grub are LNP people.
Seemingly nearly everything he touches turns to s**t, and seemingly nearly everyone who has to engage with him on a professional level can't stand him.

From the President of France, to former Liberal PM'S and premiers, to the deputy PM, all the way down to the humble guy who's lost everything and won't shake his hand on a photoshop tour of the bushfires.

It's an almost unlimited procession of toxic interactions and damaged relationships, with the only common denominator being him.

But don't worry, he's promised he is going to change and it's got nothing to do with being re-elected 🤣

Can't see him being taken seriously on the world stage. Other leaders will walk all over him.

And before you get your knickers in a knot, I don't like Morrison either!

Embarrassing times for Australia coming up.
we've had 3 years of Morrison being a * on the world stage it can't be any worse than that

Any chance of labor winning and albanese losing his seat. If labor can conjure up that scenario it would work for them

Remove this Banner Ad

Back