Albanese - how long?

Remove this Banner Ad

It is the only thing Morrison has done since becoming PM

I'm actually OK with this. The electorate votes for a party , and the leader is a huge part of getting those votes. See Turnbull.

Ousting a sitting PM is basically wiping your arse with voters.

They never did like Superannuation. Surprised they don't know super funds also consist of Banks, Insurance Companies. Are they all bad or just the union controlled ones.

Why do they try to putdown things that help all levels of society? They have tried workers rights, Medicare and now Super.
Libs don't like super , ever since everyone was given the right to have it.
It was great when was solely for the elite.
Now they hate it more because they cannot get their grubby little criminal hands on it
They have even tried to legislate to make it law that one of their handpicked , "directors" had to be on the board of every super fund to direct where they invest their money. Ala so much in coal mining etc, because so many where investing in green options and projects which benefited the community, not the shonky builders and corrupt Liberal dogg *ers.

Libs love a scam where your fund is forced to invest in stupid s**t like a new coal mine or a cotton farm in the desert that their family company owns.

Angus Taylor is a classic example of a thief in Libs clothing though in that case he just stole money directly from the taxpayer.

ICAC

The borders opened up earlier this year Albo 🤣

not all actually - lotta countries still locked (we ended up going to Singapore because my wife finally gave up on Japan opening its borders (it might happen in 1-2 months), and China is still effectively locked off thanks to 4 week quarantine requirements)

not all actually - lotta countries still locked (we ended up going to Singapore because my wife finally gave up on Japan opening its borders (it might happen in 1-2 months), and China is still effectively locked off thanks to 4 week quarantine requirements)

I get ya, but he did say “our borders are closed”. In relation to employment rates. They haven’t been closed for a while.

Unless he meant “other borders are closed”.

Other countries yes I’m sure they are still closed. Put a line through China for a long time, surely.

I get ya, but he did say “our borders are closed”. In relation to employment rates. They haven’t been closed for a while.

Unless he meant “other borders are closed”.

Other countries yes I’m sure they are still closed. Put a line through China for a long time, surely.

in relation to employment, yeah they still kind of are.

a migrant worker is only going to come here if they believe they can come here and return simply without issue.

chinese migration has basically stopped because of this. SE Asia is only starting to allow restricted travel just recently (malaysia and singapore this month, indonesia still gearing up). India ive lost track of TBH (its all over the shop)

the backpacker conga line will also take time to return - australian lockdowns got lots of press in the UK and it increased concerns about what happens when you come here (remember they need to earn to eat)

in relation to employment, yeah they still kind of are.

a migrant worker is only going to come here if they believe they can come here and return simply without issue.

chinese migration has basically stopped because of this. SE Asia is only starting to allow restricted travel just recently (malaysia and singapore this month, indonesia still gearing up). India ive lost track of TBH (its all over the shop)

the backpacker conga line will also take time to return - australian lockdowns got lots of press in the UK and it increased concerns about what happens when you come here (remember they need to earn to eat)
Time for making excuses for Albo's issues has finished. He is a dud and must be causing all sorts of anguish within The Labor Party, they picked the wrong person to head the party, if he still gets in and the chance of that happening is diminishing by the minute, he will be toppled long before next election.

Time for making excuses for Albo's issues has finished. He is a dud and must be causing all sorts of anguish within The Labor Party, they picked the wrong person to head the party, if he still gets in and the chance of that happening is diminishing by the minute, he will be toppled long before next election.
I bet you said this about Labor's last leader and you'll say it about Labor's next leader.

not even talking about albo (been in a teams call all morning, so havent seen what was said)

my work interacts with aged care and disability, and they are desperate for nurses and carers - and everyone is waiting for the return of foreign workers. Reality is they are not coming in yet (hence the labour shortages)

When asked on ABC News this morning about the latest unemployment figures Albo responded that Australia’s unemployment figures were only low because the international border was closed.

“Our borders are closed, Lisa. Our borders are closed,” Mr Albanese said.

We had to forgive him for not knowing what the unemployment rate was 3 weeks ago, for not knowing what the RBA cash rate was, and not knowing more than one of the 6 bullet points of his own NDIS policy. Today’s gaffe was no ”gotcha” moment; Albo was merely asked for his comment.

FYI, since the borders have reopened, over 920,000 temporary visa holders have arrived in Australia, including 442,100 visitors, 168,000 students and 90,300 temporary skilled visas...

This begs the question, does Albo actually know anything?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When asked on ABC News this morning about the latest unemployment figures Albo responded that Australia’s unemployment figures were only low because the international border was closed.

We had to forgive him for not knowing what the unemployment rate was 3 weeks ago, for not knowing what the RBA cash rate was, and not knowing more than one of the 6 bullet points of his own NDIS policy. Today’s gaff was no ”gotcha” moment; Albo was merely asked for his comment.

FYI, since the borders have reopened, over 920,000 temporary visa holders have arrived in Australia, including 442,100 visitors, 168,000 students and 90,300 temporary skilled visas...

But Scomo....

We had to forgive him for not knowing what the unemployment rate was 3 weeks ago, for not knowing what the RBA cash rate was, and not knowing more than one of the 6 bullet points of his own NDIS policy. Today’s gaffe was no ”gotcha” moment; Albo was merely asked for his comment.

Borders are open for fully vaccinated or to those that have medical exemption so technically he isn't wrong.

Therefore open with conditions.

If the reporters had been listening to him going through the NDIS policy they would have heard him go through the policy covering each point instead of the 'gotcha' questions.

Oh I am not a fan of his but the journalists are just so bad at this. Might be fun for posters like you to seize on but for me it is a nothing burger.

Borders are open for fully vaccinated or to those that have medical exemption so technically he isn't wrong.

Therefore open with conditions.
LOL. This is NOT fun. Albo will in all likelihood be our next PM and it seriously worries me. He keeps on demonstrating that he is out of his depth.

BTW, Albo was wrong because he said nobody was coming into Australia from overseas hence the lower unemployment rate. Fact is borders have been open for several months and already almost 1 million people have come into the country.

LOL. This is NOT fun. Albo will in all likelihood be our next PM and it seriously worries me. He keeps on demonstrating that he is out of his depth.

BTW, Albo was wrong because he said nobody was coming into Australia from overseas hence the lower unemployment rate. Fact is borders have been open for several months and already almost 1 million people have come into the country.
How many of them to work?

How many of them to work?
No idea. 168,000 students and 90,300 temporary skilled visas, but how many others are working?

Not the point though. The point is Albo thought borders were still closed and said that's why the unemployment rates was down. That our next PM didn't know borders have been open for several months.....

No idea. 168,000 students and 90,300 temporary skilled visas, but how many others are working?

Not the point though. The point is Albo thought borders were still closed and said that's why the unemployment rates was down. That our next PM didn't know borders had been opened for several months.....
Kind of relevant actually if we've had 90k people coming for work and 900k people not coming for work

Kind of relevant actually if we've had 90k people coming for work and 900k people not coming for work
Conversely, almost 1 million people means demand for goods and services rises and need for jobs increases.

Fact is borders have been open for several months. Albo triumphantly told the ABC reporter twice, "Our borders are closed".

Conversely, almost 1 million people means demand for goods and services rises and need for jobs increases.

Fact is borders have been open for several months. Albo triumphantly told the ABC reporter twice, "Our borders are closed".
Morrison said he saved over 30k lives and that covid is over

Scummo didn't know & still doesn't know anything about a rape that happened in the office of one of his Ministers.

Not the point though. The point is Albo thought borders were still closed and said that's why the unemployment rates was down. That our next PM didn't know borders have been open for several months.....
Was odd, wasn't it.

Almost certainly home anyway but the door is still slightly ajar for an upset.

Think if Labor doesn't get in he should step down.

Do you really think his apparent gaffes are a concern as I really don't.

If you can impartially look at how he is questioned and compare it isn't a level playing field, he actually tries to answer the question (hence his gaffes) whereas the other side are unbelievably good at spin and distraction. Unless the questioner is very good, by the time they have finished, question hasn't been answered at all.

I know not the thread but have finished listening to Roberts, they are good at the spin but then again have been there with lots of practice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back