Albanese - how long?

Remove this Banner Ad

He is a dead duck.

Shorten doing the media rounds tonight, even having a sit down interview with Peta Credlin.

Making public commentary how Labor has lost voters in the suburbs and that will take a few election cycles to win back.

His own MP’s know this.

The worry for Albanese and Labor is if Morrison’s goes early next year, August to December.

Do they replace him and try to save the furniture? Or they hold onto him and let him take the sinking sink down fully.

Labor are a mess.

Their issues run deeper than who is their leader. They have veered too much to the left and to the inner seats in Melbourne & Sydney. In Melbourne in these parts, they have to battle the Greens. In Sydney, they are making up the numbers in electorates such as North Sydney, Wentworth & the like.

At the same time the Lib’s are taking the mantle in the outer suburbs and Western Sydney in particular.

Screenshot_20210103-125215_Twitter.jpg

It's not a good look to complain about photo ops with no substance by posting a photo with no substance. Now that they've abandoned the climate target and the policy to end the franking credit refund rort, Labor have no promises to deliver on. Bad message.

View attachment 1035050

It's not a good look to complain about photo ops with no substance by posting a photo with no substance. Now that they've abandoned the climate target and the policy to end the franking credit refund rort, Labor have no promises to deliver on. Bad message.

Albo explained vaccinations would have started before Christmas under his watch

But I do give him credit for ditching two very poorly thought out policies. Hopefully the fanboys start to open their eyes to understand why the policies were ditched.

View attachment 1035050

They need to work on the 3 word slogans for the bogans

Newscorp seem to want him gone in favour of Plibersek. While I agree he's never going to lead Labor to a victory, Plibersek would probably be a mistake now also. I wonder if Newscorp's game is that they know Albo is a dead man walking, and want to ensure he's replaced by someone else who will also lose the next election.

Oh, and #labspill is trending on Twitter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Newscorp seem to want him gone in favour of Plibersek. While I agree he's never going to lead Labor to a victory, Plibersek would probably be a mistake now also. I wonder if Newscorp's game is that they know Albo is a dead man walking, and want to ensure he's replaced by someone else who will also lose the next election.

Albo is actually doing his job by staying under the radar, unwinding bad policy, knowing he will be replaced before the election.

The libs will be in trouble if they don't call an election extremely early as the pain of covid is yet to be felt. The longer they leave it, the deeper the hole meaning they set themselves up for "oppositions don't win rather governments lose".

Remember when liberals were a basket case after ousting turnball and we were all talking about labour being in charge for the next decade. What happened?

In defence of those who called that, as I was one of those, who could predict Labor would had gone full crazy ahead of the un-lose-able election.

- they tried to unwind the incremental tax system and shift the tax burden further onto low income earners
- deny the ordinary the opportunity to pool their capital and invest with quality management teams, by tax mechanisms
- remove negative gearing for the ordinary but preserve it for the wealthy

When Labor stops looking after the top end of town and considers the ordinary person, they will have a shot a governing. Fortunately they are listening to Australia and reversing some of these policies.

FTR some are so dumb though.......ie the largest pool of people who swung towards Labor were those most impacted by Labor's attack on the incremental tax system. Fortunately the majority of Australians protected the ignorant from themselves.

FTR the findings of the review of the loss also found Labor despite being a party of non-discrimination was found lacking of inclusion. In short it adopted the message of inclusion but in reality was actively anything but.

You are probably right, Albo cant win and Plibersek would be the least likely (other than Shorten) to be a threat to the LNP so newscorp pushing her as an option makes sense.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bullshit.

example of removing franking

A single mum has a baby, leaving her job to look after her new born and living off dividends finds herself paying 30% tax from the very first dollar they earn. Same said with a victim of an accident, Same said with someone who falls ill or suffers from an un-diagnoised health issue. Same said with someone taking time off work to look after one of these groups. Same said with someone simply taking time off work.

Fortunately the majority of the electorate respect the all important incremental tax system.

However some dopey people will point out......what about superannuation! well the solution is simple, fix superannuation rather than attacking the incremental taxation rates.

corpse want him gone because they can't attack him personally like they can Tanya

RULE 1 - if newscorp demand something - do the complete opposite

Remove this Banner Ad

Back