Traded Alex Keath [traded with a future 3rd to Western Bulldogs for #45 and future 2nd]

Remove this Banner Ad

You have offered more than most 2nd rounders would be offered we wont be offering him a first rounders pay scale

Although you are offering him overs in contract he is still only worth a mid 2nd
How many times do people have to explain that contract has nothing to with his value. We’re struggling to pay the minimum salary cap so can afford to overpay him and Bruce.

How many times do people have to explain that contract has nothing to with his value. We’re struggling to pay the minimum salary cap so can afford to overpay him and Bruce.

HUH what did I just say

Although you are paying him big bucks he is still only worth a 2nd

If you don't think he is worth a 2nd you are extremely biased

HUH what did I just say

Although you are paying him big bucks he is still only worth a 2nd

If you don't think he is worth a 2nd you are extremely biased
I never said he wasn’t but there’s also a very valid argument that he’s only worth a third. I’m sure we’re trying to find you a second rounder but if we can’t you are going to have to accept what we have left. Crows have had all week to do a deal to get 32 but greedily tried to get 13 included. You’ve now lost any hope of getting 32 as it’s very likely going to Saints for Bruce.

I can absolutely see why we refuse to give up 13 in any deal related to Keath. As simply a player without the surrounding circumstances, pick 32 is about the mark, but there are a bunch of factors that devalue his trade value. It's easy to see why we're pushing for a later pick to be involved.
  • The recent surgery and injury concerns
  • Uncontracted player
  • 28 years old before the start of next season
  • Only 30 games played

points 3&4 can't both be negatives, he's a 27 year old with much less wear and tear than your regular AFL 27 year old.

points 3&4 can't both be negatives, he's a 27 year old with much less wear and tear than your regular AFL 27 year old.
Prof. Jill Cook's tendon loading (and subsequent injury) during his GCS listing days put him out of action for a bit IIRC, even impacted his cricket days early on.
His latest injury appears to be acute rather than chronic, fingers crossed.

I never said he wasn’t but there’s also a very valid argument that he’s only worth a third. I’m sure we’re trying to find you a second rounder but if we can’t you are going to have to accept what we have left. Crows have had all week to do a deal to get 32 but greedily tried to get 13 included. You’ve now lost any hope of getting 32 as it’s very likely going to Saints for Bruce.

But you think he is worth pick 30

Why are you arguing with me
Ha ha when was that? A lot has changed in the space of a week. I didn’t think we scouts get Bruce for that pick but seems we can. We can’t pay what we don’t have. If you guys don’t hurry up you will also miss out on the better of our third rounders as they will likely get added to the Bruce deal.

Ha ha when was that? A lot has changed in the space of a week. I didn’t think we scouts get Bruce for that pick but seems we can. We can’t pay what we don’t have. If you guys don’t hurry up you will also miss out on the better of our third rounders as they will likely get added to the Bruce deal.

Im agreeing with your statement he is worth Pick 30

You are a very wise mine, its fair value

Lets make it happen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im agreeing with your statement he is worth Pick 30

You are a very wise mine, its fair value

Lets make it happen
Not anymore he’s not. Fractured shin, news you pulled your 2 year contract to 1, other moves in trade week have shifted the landscape. I’d be annoyed as well as we were when we lost Hamling and Adams. You should be venting at your club.

I’ve never said he wasn’t worth pick 30/32, I’ve said that is likely now going to Saints because you’ve been hell bent on getting 13. If I can get something for less than it’s worth why wouldn’t I?

Ive said from the outset Mid 2nd I don't follow the bananas on the Adelaide board who want a first

Given everything apart from the ridiculous deal you are offering him, he is worth a mid 2nd

Im sure as you even have realised it, I realise it, , our club realises it, your club will realise it, the deal will get done

Ive said from the outset Mid 2nd I don't follow the bananas on the Adelaide board who want a first

Given everything apart from the ridiculous deal you are offering him, he is worth a mid 2nd

Im sure as you even have realised it, I realise it, , our club realises it, your club will realise it, the deal will get done
Yes it will do but only if we can find another mid second or you accept a couple of third rounders. We can only pay what we have and sadly when a player is out of contract and nominates a team the incumbent generally loses. 32 is a unders for Bruce as well but the broader trading landscape has allowed for this hence why we’ve sat back watched it play out. Your list manager should have seen there was a good chance 32 would be used for Bruce and tried to get a deal for it early in trade week. You didn’t and your now left in this position.

Yes it will do but only if we can find another mid second or you accept a couple of third rounders. We can only pay what we have and sadly when a player is out of contract and nominates a team the incumbent generally loses. 32 is a unders for Bruce as well but the broader trading landscape has allowed for this hence why we’ve sat back watched it play out. Your list manager should have seen there was a good chance 32 would be used for Bruce and tried to get a deal for it early in trade week. You didn’t and your now left in this position.

Totally we can only get what you have

I am more under the reading that 32 will not cut the mustard, saints have said that, for a contracted player in Bruce and 32 will be left hanging in the breeze for us

Totally we can only get what you have

I am more under the reading that 32 will not cut the mustard, saints have said that, for a contracted player in Bruce and 32 will be left hanging in the breeze for us
No looks like its 32 plus a third for Bruce. That leaves us with 2 thirds. You guys want to ensure you get one of the better thirds.

Sainst want a first for a contracted player, they are harder to get, which is why Kelly and Gibbs were stuck

They said quite early a pick in the mid 20s is what they'd be looking for. We've just got to figure out what exactly needs to be added to 32 to make that enough. Sounds like we might be pretty close to reaching an agreement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back