Anthony Albanese - How long? -2-

Remove this Banner Ad

Just to lock that in we've based our tax system on penalizing those who earn too much and threaten to break out of their station.
What should it be based on instead? Personally I'd be willing to cut income taxes for the reasonably well off if there was a wealth tax on the very rich instead, or if asset income was taxed higher than working income, instead of having present rorts like the CGT discount.

What should it be based on instead? Personally I'd be willing to cut income taxes for the reasonably well off if there was a wealth tax on the very rich instead, or if asset income was taxed higher than working income, instead of having present rorts like the CGT discount.
Yep they are reasonable options over destroying the middle class through punitive PAYE, slavery targetting the lower and middle classes.

Other issues are the ideologically insane botched energy policy giving us the most expensive power on earth and Albo adopting Biden's open border policy in the middle of an inflation, housing and cost of living crisis.

So you prefer no energy policy? Source. Malcolm turnbull

Other issues are the ideologically insane botched energy policy giving us the most expensive power on earth and Albo adopting Biden's open border policy in the middle of an inflation, housing and cost of living crisis.
The entire Australian Ponzi scheme collapses without immigration. And on top of that we need them to change the boomers nappies - Aussies are not doing that work

We need to headhunt some Scandinavian public administrators.

As this country approaches 50 to 60 million we could be more self sufficient, less reliant on trade (it then being the cherry on top)

We really are a lucky country run by idiots

We need to headhunt some Scandinavian public administrators.

As this country approaches 50 to 60 million we could be more self sufficient, less reliant on trade (it then being the cherry on top)

We really are a lucky country run by idiots
It’s actually interesting that an Iraqi set up Norways petroleum industry… and hence put them down the track of a nationalised oil industry.

Anyhoo Australia has devolved over the past 20 years into a class system with a small landed gentry and massive working poor. Middle class is toast. You either own property or you hand over half your earnings in rent or mortgage with what's left after the govt has taxed the hell out of it. You get to "live" on what's left.

Just to lock that in we've based our tax system on penalizing those who earn too much and threaten to break out of their station.
Gee I wonder what contributed that???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how good is AUKUS?

not for us

but the US and UK are just getting billions of dollars to build their own subs for themselves currently

fantastic work

how good is AUKUS?

not for us

but the US and UK are just getting billions of dollars to build their own subs for themselves currently

fantastic work

And now they are shitting on Aussie expats tax conditions too. So much for new friends after they shafted europe.

Did Morrison actually agree to anything that was a win instead of a loss for us?

a time when albo had some guts. been awhile.

I think the truth of the matter is that international affairs is just not really a place for an activist.
We know the ideals that are close to Albo's heart - he will no doubt spruik them again when he's out of office (he said as much in a speech to Labor's left faction last year)...
But the office of Prime Minister just does not really facilitate a moralistic stance on any issue of foreign affairs. It's all about national interest. If world governments engaged in moral activism they'd get stuck in endless debate while the ones that acted in self interest capitalised on the infighting.
They will express 'shock' at Israel's crimes, call for a ceasefire, whatever - but they will never actually take action against them. It is not in Australia's interests to.

I think the truth of the matter is that international affairs is just not really a place for an activist.
We know the ideals that are close to Albo's heart - he will no doubt spruik them again when he's out of office (he said as much in a speech to Labor's left faction last year)...
But the office of Prime Minister just does not really facilitate a moralistic stance on any issue of foreign affairs. It's all about national interest. If world governments engaged in moral activism they'd get stuck in endless debate while the ones that acted in self interest capitalised on the infighting.
They will express 'shock' at Israel's crimes, call for a ceasefire, whatever - but they will never actually take action against them. It is not in Australia's interests to.
That's the thing though you can take a stance as a leader conservatives do it all the time when they change policy

And yet some things remain entirely sacrosanct between changes of leader and government... such as broad support for Israel.
I just don't believe Albo is a lefty he's spent decades breaking any power or influence the left had in NSW Labor

I think the best you could say is 19 year old Albo would spit on current Albo, it's really a question of how much he ever believed.

He's a rich middle aged religious conservative by and large now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back