Anthony Albanese - How long? -2-

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolute f'n joke. Billions to prop up another countries industry.
It’s almost like all our mining royalty’s are going to our real owners!!! Via AUKUS.

When are we allowed to become a republic? Do we need permission?

Washing tax payers money through military spending…. The 1000 year old scam.

As spineless as Turnbull. You can guarantee when he leaves office he'll find his voice again 🙄
As justlookingaround posted it is easy to have a voice when that voice is irrelevant.

The Rudd kerfuffle is a perfect example this week. His Trump comments as an ex prime minister are perfectly fine and pretty in controversial - no one cares.

He CANNOT under any circumstances make those comments as the Aus ambassador to the USA though. Ever.

Albo is captured and restricted by the authority of his position as PM.

Another good example is Morrison’s megaphone diplomacy to China. Sure he looked big and tough to the LNP bogan base - but from a diplomacy viewpoint, and then a trade perspective Morrison’s behaviour was a complete shambles and disaster.

There are realities Albo has to contend with.

Albo is record breaking. His govt is the highest taxing,
Citation?
... highest spending,
Citation?
... has the highest migration,
Citation?
... fastest rate of interest rate increase,
Citation?
... his front bench has smashed the world record for travel expenses
Citation?
... while Australians have experienced sharpest drop in real incomes in the developed world.
Citation?

Six claims to fact made in as many sentences, all of which are dubious at best. I might remind you Balls In that we have misinformation rules on this forum, and at some point you may be required to support the claims you make on here with evidence else receive a ban.

Take care to ensure that, when you make a claim to fact, it is supported by evidence.

I at least understand the rationale behind pension changes. When it began, a large number of workers retired at 65 and were dead before 70. Now they retire at 67 and can live into their 90s. There has obviously been a fundamental change to the figures. Health and education, on the other hand, no excuses.
It was fashionable to get early retirement aged fifties back in the 1980s

As justlookingaround posted it is easy to have a voice when that voice is irrelevant.

The Rudd kerfuffle is a perfect example this week. His Trump comments as an ex prime minister are perfectly fine and pretty in controversial - no one cares.

He CANNOT under any circumstances make those comments as the Aus ambassador to the USA though. Ever.

Albo is captured and restricted by the authority of his position as PM.

Another good example is Morrison’s megaphone diplomacy to China. Sure he looked big and tough to the LNP bogan base - but from a diplomacy viewpoint, and then a trade perspective Morrison’s behaviour was a complete shambles and disaster.

There are realities Albo has to contend with.
Bit different when you're talking about war crimes though and our involvement (providing support to Israel, withdrawing support for UNRWA etc).

Bit different when you're talking about war crimes though and our involvement (providing support to Israel, withdrawing support for UNRWA etc).
1/ Australia blindly following the USA is not new.

2/ Australia discriminating against “others” is also not new.

3/ The conservative media using race to divide the community is also not new.

War crimes are for the international community as a whole to resolve - not Australia’s responsibility.

Last time Australia took the lead on a huge issue (who is responsible for CoVid) it did not end well.

At the end of the day only the USA can make Israel do anything.

Citation?

Citation?

Citation?

Citation?

Citation?

Citation?

Six claims to fact made in as many sentences, all of which are dubious at best. I might remind you Balls In that we have misinformation rules on this forum, and at some point you may be required to support the claims you make on here with evidence else receive a ban.

Take care to ensure that, when you make a claim to fact, it is suppo

The national account figures put out by the ABS in December cover off the first two, and on taxation even the ABC struggled to "fact check" the shadow treasurers assertion labelling his claim of a "record 27% increase" as "overblown" (lel)

Spending

Migration figures are everywhere are you disputing?

Largest drop in real incomes/ living standards is by the OECD

I could go on but can't be bothered.

Anyhoo, I thought the point of a politics forum is that poster A puts something out and if poster "B" doesn't like it they can put up a counter argument?

Last edited:
The national account figures put out by the ABS in December cover off the first two, and on taxation even the ABC struggled to "fact check" the shadow treasurers assertion labelling his claim of a "record 27% increase" as "overblown" (lel)

Spending

Migration figures are everywhere are you disputing?

Largest drop in real incomes/ living standards is by the OECD

I could go on but can't be bothered.

Anyhoo, I thought the point of a politics forum is that poster A puts something out and if poster "B" doesn't like it they can put up a counter argument?

How would you deal with a falling unemployment level? Are you suggestinv a reduction in immigration? And watch people close down their businesses?
If unemployment is dropping and the population is growing… isn’t that a sign of increased productivity? Surely increasing productivity is the number one priority under the current Capitalist Ponzi scheme… to pay down the debt.

1/ Australia blindly following the USA is not new.

2/ Australia discriminating against “others” is also not new.

3/ The conservative media using race to divide the community is also not new.

War crimes are for the international community as a whole to resolve - not Australia’s responsibility.

Last time Australia took the lead on a huge issue (who is responsible for CoVid) it did not end well.

At the end of the day only the USA can make Israel do anything.
That just sounds like weasel words. Ireland can't make Israel do anything either, doesn't preclude their leader or politicians from having a backbone and speaking out against war crimes. Silence is complicity in my eyes.

How would you deal with a falling unemployment level? Are you suggestinv a reduction in immigration? And watch people close down their businesses?
If unemployment is dropping and the population is growing… isn’t that a sign of increased productivity? Surely increasing productivity is the number one priority under the current Capitalist Ponzi scheme… to pay down the debt.
According to the far right Guardian, people are working more hours, but our productivity is still dropping? Sick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to the far left Guardian, people are working far more hours, but our productivity is still dropping. That is literally the only scenario where low unemployment is signs of a terminal economy.

Far left guardian lol
You know people would take what you have to say more seriously if you left that kind of comment out

Last edited:
According to the far right Guardian, people are working more hours, but our productivity is still dropping? Sick.

You want to catch up with the direction of the unemployment figures….. your article is a month old.

Can you demonstrate that there is waste, inefficiency, duplication of service in Medicare before you simply assume it?
There’s certainly cost shifting between the feds and states where they spend money trying to make it the others problem (though a notable exception is Victoria VVED where you basically get a bulk billed consultation virtually instead of forking over for a GP + gap)

That just sounds like weasel words. Ireland can't make Israel do anything either, doesn't preclude their leader or politicians from having a backbone and speaking out against war crimes. Silence is complicity in my eyes.
Well Dutton is balls deep in Netanyahu - or more accurately Netanyahu is balls deep in him - so I guess you can vote for him as the alternative.

What made you think I assumed it? Gee that’s a poor post.

The issue in article is more around complexity and then assumes that doctors are aiming to defraud system. From what I have heard from those that interact with Medicare it’s more the docs will undercharge (claim a lesser item) because they aren’t sure if they have met the criteria for the higher paying item and are fearful of the time it takes to respond to audit (point out an audit done by incompetent accounting consultancy firms with really * all idea apart from how to grift the government)

Of course open disclosure is that as a fully public hospital doctor I have no direct interaction with medicare

There’s certainly cost shifting between the feds and states where they spend money trying to make it the others problem (though a notable exception is Victoria VVED where you basically get a bulk billed consultation virtually instead of forking over for a GP + gap)
This feels like something it would take someone across the figures to truly validate.

I'm more than willing to allow you (and mcnulty) to provide an opinion on wastage and whatnot within public health, knowing it's more informed than mine is by far. The claim being made was thoroughly more specific, and would require more demonstration than merely 'Trust me'.

The issue in article is more around complexity and then assumes that doctors are aiming to defraud system. From what I have heard from those that interact with Medicare it’s more the docs will undercharge (claim a lesser item) because they aren’t sure if they have met the criteria for the higher paying item and are fearful of the time it takes to respond to audit (point out an audit done by incompetent accounting consultancy firms with really * all idea apart from how to grift the government)

Of course open disclosure is that as a fully public hospital doctor I have no direct interaction with medicare
Pretty much every government (and opposition) over the last few decades have made noises about addressing waste in Medicare but then nothing gets done. Plibersek back in 2011 made some extremely sensible suggestions about simple things like expanding referral rights for allied health professionals to ease pressure on the system but then sat on her hands.

No one does anything because everyone is protecting their own patch and politically it becomes too hard. Keep kicking the can down the road. Worst thing you can do imo is further fleece taxpayers for more of the same. This requires some actual political courage…I know, stupid concept.

There’s all sorts of stuff going on around the world. Personally I really resent this tiny bit of the world affecting our politics.

There’s all sorts of stuff going on around the world. Personally I really resent this tiny bit of the world affecting our politics.
This.

I care far more about Ukraine than I do about Gaza. Makes for some confusing conversations.

"There should be a ceasefire!"
"No, it'll only encourage Moscow."
"What?"

I think the truth of the matter is that international affairs is just not really a place for an activist.
We know the ideals that are close to Albo's heart - he will no doubt spruik them again when he's out of office (he said as much in a speech to Labor's left faction last year)...
But the office of Prime Minister just does not really facilitate a moralistic stance on any issue of foreign affairs. It's all about national interest. If world governments engaged in moral activism they'd get stuck in endless debate while the ones that acted in self interest capitalised on the infighting.
They will express 'shock' at Israel's crimes, call for a ceasefire, whatever - but they will never actually take action against them. It is not in Australia's interests to.
so you change your views not according to your convictions but for convenience.

so you change your views not according to your convictions but for convenience.
Changing your views is not the same as conducting yourself in the nation's highest office in a way that does not jeopardise the country's national interests and security. That's the difference between a qualified world leader and a populist wannabe dictator like Trump.

Changing your views is not the same as conducting yourself in the nation's highest office in a way that does not jeopardise the country's national interests and security. That's the difference between a qualified world leader and a populist wannabe dictator like Trump.
Exactly, we all may act a little differently when representing our workplace.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back