Traded Anthony Miles [traded to Gold Coast with C.Ellis for swap of future 3rd round picks]

Remove this Banner Ad

Philth

Club Legend
Feb 4, 2008
Geraldton
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Leeds United
There's been a fair bit of debate about Miles on the Tigers board, and I'd like to know what the wider BF community thinks of his worth.
He's a champion in the VFL but can't break into a premiership side, possibly because of his limitations (inside mid only).

Personally I'd like to see him at another club next year for his sake, he's too good to be stuck in the VFL all year. Played one game for us this year in AFL and was serviceable. 26 years old so still has a few years left.

So what do you think? Is he good enough to get a go at another club? Would you have him at your club?

Cheers.....

Seems too good for VFL but wasn't he shopped around last year with no takers?
I think GCS offered him a rookie spot last year but he decided to stay at The Tigers.
Possibly thought more opportunities may arise.

There's been a fair bit of debate about Miles on the Tigers board, and I'd like to know what the wider BF community thinks of his worth.
He's a champion in the VFL but can't break into a premiership side, possibly because of his limitations (inside mid only).

Personally I'd like to see him at another club next year for his sake, he's too good to be stuck in the VFL all year. Played one game for us this year in AFL and was serviceable. 26 years old so still has a few years left.

So what do you think? Is he good enough to get a go at another club? Would you have him at your club?

Cheers.....
Me too. Not sure why we kept him if we're not even going to use him for rotations. I'd rather see him get a fair shot at the big time, before it's too late. He's just a good average footballer, but that will get him a game somewhere for a few years I'm sure.

Is he quick? If so, I can't see why Carlton wouldn't express interest even if as cover. Nick Graham dominates the VFL but he is woefully exposed at AFL level - both for skill and speed. At worst, he'd be an upgrade on Graham for Carlton.
Not really a speedster but certainly not slow.
Yeah I thought he could add something to the Blues midfield....possibly some leadership for the youngsters too, I guess you've got some retirements coming up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see that you do.

Although I don't think it's justified for a VFL player who already has a large thread dedicated to him on the right board
Well, I thought it could be some entertainment for a Tuesday.
Happy to let the mods decide.

If Dylan Shiel and/or Josh Kelly aren't main board worthy could I be so bold as to suggest Anthony Miles isn't?
Everyone knows that those two are genuine guns.

Miles is a bit of a mystery, so i wanted the great minds of BF to share their opinions with me.

Hope its ok..

Do you want me to start a thread on Tom Bell's future on the main board?

I couldn't care less whether you do or don't.

I'll discuss the thread topic, or not contribute. I don't really care whether the thread is filed in the right category on the website.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back