Australia v India, 2nd Test at Perth Stadium Dec 14-18

Remove this Banner Ad

It didn't get demerits, and wasn't marked down because it was good for bowlers. It was marked down entirely for the nature of the wildly inconsistent bounce, which existed on the first day - if it was variable on the last that's good, but to be there from the beginning, not so much.
As long as it produces engaging cricket who cares when it starts.

It had something for everyone and rewarded those who applied themselves. A lot of people use Harris' dismissal as an example but maybe he shouldn't have been cutting that on line anyway.

As long as it produces engaging cricket who cares when it starts.

It had something for everyone and rewarded those who applied themselves. A lot of people use Harris' dismissal as an example but maybe he shouldn't have been cutting that on line anyway.
That dismissal was about as unlucky as Maxwell's in the Shield vs WA. Absolutely nothing you can do about it

Seems a fair mark. The pitch will get better with time. It was a real Jekyll and Hyde throughout the test. Promising signs that the pitch could develop it's own, unique personality which would be great.

It produced a gripping test though and that is the main thing. Looking forward to see how it goes next year already!

This will be the guys first Boxing Day test so I think it is a bit harsh to say the guy has no idea what he is doing.

If you compare last seasons results to this years he looks to have made a difference.

Last year the MCG had 1 result from 5 games. We would have already seen 2 if not for the rain and the last one was still only 4 wickets away from a result despite him experimenting with the wicket and not get the result he was after.

Apparently he has tried something different for each wicket this year, so I'd expect him to take all the things he thought worked out of the first 3 games.

IMO the poor wickets have a lot more to do with an old outdated design rather than a curator that has no idea what he is doing, especially when the poor bloke has only been there a few months.

Same curator from the WACA all the Victorians used to bemoan as a road for numerous summers.

Should be interesting

Same curator from the WACA all the Victorians used to bemoan as a road for numerous summers.

Should be interesting
Not sure it is a Victorian v WA thing mate. They were roads there no doubt, I live in NSW and I can tell you it wasn't just Victorians that bemoaned the pitch. I think this year he'll be making a huge effort to get plenty in it for the bowlers after the ICC rating they got last year so it will be interesting to see how it ends up.

Seems for the past decade Cricket Australia were more than happy to get flat decks each summer but it seems as though the tide is turning thankfully.

Is Rishabh going to try and win the game or just his usual headless chook routine?
'You don't belong at this level' would be all I'd bother saying to Pant
We want Pant on strike

He can’t help himself
Pant should be our batting coach
Is Pant the dead set dumbest batsman alive?

Slog, Slog, Edge...

Just a gentle bump to remind people of what people said about Rishabh Pant when he came here last.

Pant is going to be a formidable weapon for India going forward in the next 10 years. He is their Adam Gilchist. If you talk about dumb players lets start from Harris and we can talk about Warner, Wade, Green, Lyon, Paine, Burns and host of other players won't make the XI in India.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back