Australia v Sri Lanka; 2nd Test @ Manuka Oval Feb 1-5.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not sold on wrist spin as a part time option though. Think it requires too much time in the nets to get it up to standard to be a side-skill.

Yes. Ian Chappell was bowling a lot of leg spin for South Australia and Australia. He was doing okay with the ball, but batting middle order and only making just enough runs to survive. He got back from a tour of South Africa, and Les Favell told him to forget the spin and start making 100s at number three. It was great advice for Chappell. I guess it's up to the individual what he chooses to do. Keith Stackpole was another who abandoned his leg spin to concentrate on opening the batting.

Harris scoring a ton in this second innings would spell the end of Usman.

Reckon they’d move Burns to #3.

does it pass the 'we'd be pissed if it got an aussie batsman out' test?
Yeah I think a lot of us would be pissed. That said I think the decision was more defendable than the Thirrimanne one in Brisbane. Neither decisions were ones that I would want as a third umpire.

What would've happened if it was an Australian referral? Erasmus said inconclusive which makes me think he wouldn't have overturned the not out decision.

There was a reflection, or "flare" as they call them but that look different from an actual "mark".
Yeah I think a lot of the people arguing that the HotSpot white bit indicates that he hit it are missing this. It didn't look like a proper mark at all.

We better not make them follow on. Bat again please need the practice.

No chance in hell. It’s 35 degrees and they will want to have a look at Harris/Khawaja again.

Great chance for Burns to further cash in.

Will make 250ish - Dec

You're right, a real fan is someone who is happy for us to paper over the cracks whenever we lose and doesn't care if we're losing overseas as that's AFL season anyway.

That kid thinks the first innings is proof we are back to number 1. Delusional doesn't even begin to describe him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sold on wrist spin as a part time option though. Think it requires too much time in the nets to get it up to standard to be a side-skill.

Maybe, I'm not sure that it's going to interrupt his batting preparation all that much. Either way his bowling is very useful. He's not a real big turner of the ball but he's accurate and just does enough. I think guys who don't spin it heaps and have a real natural action might not have to do the hours in the nets that a Warne or McGill would do.

I think there's a lot of value having a guy in the side who can bowl at least half decent wrist spin.

Classic Starc innings.

A couple of jaffers mixed in with some absolute pie’s and a couple of lucky wickets that only he manages to get.

Still went at 4.16 RPO. Not what you want in England.

Been alot better when he shortened his length. 150k is dangerous at that length. Got carted when he tried to swing it as he was all over the place.

The quicks were finally smart enough to adjust for the conditions.

That kid thinks the first innings is proof we are back to number 1. Delusional doesn't even begin to describe him
Thought you would've been too ashamed to show your face here after abusing anyone who dared challenge your claims over the last two days that this pitch is the flattest road ever. Ready to apologise to everyone champ?

We better not make them follow on. Bat again please need the practice.
Yeah 70 overs while not massive is a fair bit, I think they'll bat again. Just have 40-50 overs to take the lead to around 500.

Rain might be a factor but it'll probably only see one session be washed up.

Been alot better when he shortened his length. 150k is dangerous at that length. Got carted when he tried to swing it as he was all over the place.

The quicks were finally smart enough to adjust for the conditions.

He bowled some good deliveries back of a length, with a vast majority still wide shit or down leg side.

He went at over 4 an over against the worst batting lineup in world cricket.

You don’t need to be a strike bowler in England. You build pressure, put it in good area’s and the pitch will do the rest. McGrath has one of the best records there of all time for that reason, you don’t need to bowl jaffers, you just need to bowl consistently tight.

You ready to apologise yet 'champ'
This wicket is terrible and it's not at all a contest between bat an ball.

Screen Shot 2019-02-03 at 9.52.10 am.png

giphy.gif

He bowled some good deliveries back of a length, with a vast majority still wide shit or down leg side.

Has bowled a lot better since his first couple of overs. 0-17 off his first 2 overs, 3-37 in 11 (3.36) since which is reasonable.

You don’t need to be a strike bowler in England. You build pressure, put it in good area’s and the pitch will do the rest. McGrath has one of the best records there of all time for that reason, you don’t need to bowl jaffers, you just need to bowl consistently tight.

I don't have him in my Ashes XI if Pattinson is fit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back